• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Quick bupe question. (searched and did not find answer)

watermellon

Bluelighter
My bro Just got all 4 wisdom teeth out and was only given 18 hydro 5s, which i think is pure bs. Like really 90mg total after getting 4 wisdom teeth ripped out, c'mon. What i want to know is if your not dependent on opies, key word NOT dependent can you take bupe with opies still on your receptors and not be thrown into wd's? I think i recall reading it wont throw you into wd's but im not 100% sure. I have some left over bupe and hate to see him in pain. I know bupe isn't best for pain but my brother has no opi tolly what so ever.

any help is greatly appreciated

I would let him take his hydros and you'd be surprised how much that will help. I know quite a few people who have had their wisdom teeth taken out and have not even needed 18 to get through it. You'd be surprised how far 18 hydros will help someones pain if they have no opiate tolerance at all....Or I would give him the 18 hydros first and then wait a day and if he is still in pain then try the hydros, I would NOT mix the two.

Yea hes killed all 18 of them already and is in a lot of pain. All 4 wisdom teeth were impacted, he had to go to oral surgeon to get them out, not just regular ole dentist. And even then the doc had a hard time getting them out. His face is like 2x the size it should be. When i got my wisdom teeth out I got 20 7.5 percs with a refill of 10. I think they could of gave him more pain meds. Hydro's just don't work well with some people. He's still bleeding quite a bit. Swallowed so much blood last night in his sleep hes puked blood a few times today from swallowing so much

Yeah when I got mine out they gave me 30 vicodin and I called (well actually I had my mom call) and say that I was still in agonizing pain. They ended up giving me a bottle of 10mg oxycodones as well. I would just call the dentist over and over and say you are in excruciating pain. If that doesn't work call his general doctor and let him know how much pain he is in. It is probably going to take more than one phone call but if you are a big enough pain in their ass and don't give up, they will give him what they need. Or ya never know they might just not give a shit which is really fucked up but entirely possible these days unfortunately. Hows it going now??

Yea hes killed all 18 of them already and is in a lot of pain. All 4 wisdom teeth were impacted, he had to go to oral surgeon to get them out, not just regular ole dentist. And even then the doc had a hard time getting them out. His face is like 2x the size it should be. When i got my wisdom teeth out I got 20 7.5 percs with a refill of 10. I think they could of gave him more pain meds. Hydro's just don't work well with some people. He's still bleeding quite a bit. Swallowed so much blood last night in his sleep hes puked blood a few times today from swallowing so much

im pretty sure dentists dont pull wisdom teeth first off.... but yea 18 5's is some bullshit... i got 30 7.5s but that was also ten years ago and only had two taken out too... but yea that whole operation was some of the worst pain ive ever been in, but after 3-4 days everything was more or less back to normal... sooo im assuming your gona give him the bupe and hope it helps?? anyways hope he feels better i know how bad that shit sucks

My forte! I'm a CDH/CDA/MT with 18 yrs E.R experience.

First, he needs to stop bleeding because if he doesn't care for that clot that needs to form, he can get a dry socket, which can make a grown man cry in pain.

Get a tea bag, wet it, squeeze excess water out, bite down for 10-15 mins. This helps aid in stopping the bleeding.

Bupe is NOT going to help him, please don't give it to him, it's only going to block any other meds he may be getting in upcoming days.

A DMD/OS is only going to write a certain number of rx in the 1st few days because of laws and because your brother has no history of opiates. So to the DMD, a 5mg is enough per dose. Once your bro passes 3-5 days, he can call in and ask for more. (USA laws, only)

Motrin 800mg (yes, I take them even with opiate tolerance) is going to help him, combined with those 5mg.

If he is still having issues, call the DMD/OS back. Please, bypass on the bupe.

My forte! I'm a CDH/CDA/MT with 18 yrs E.R experience.

First, he needs to stop bleeding because if he doesn't care for that clot that needs to form, he can get a dry socket, which can make a grown man cry in pain.

Get a tea bag, wet it, squeeze excess water out, bite down for 10-15 mins. This helps aid in stopping the bleeding.

Bupe is NOT going to help him, please don't give it to him, it's only going to block any other meds he may be getting in upcoming days.

A DMD/OS is only going to write a certain number of rx in the 1st few days because of laws and because your brother has no history of opiates. So to the DMD, a 5mg is enough per dose. Once your bro passes 3-5 days, he can call in and ask for more. (USA laws, only)

Motrin 800mg (yes, I take them even with opiate tolerance) is going to help him, combined with those 5mg.

If he is still having issues, call the DMD/OS back. Please, bypass on the bupe.

Tis good information^^^