• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall and Requip (a chemical nightmare?)

alektra

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. I am a new user; this is my first thread so I would like to apologize in advance if I am posting incorrectly.

I have ADHD and RLS. My RLS is progressively getting worse (I have symptoms during the day and the pain has spread into my arms and V before) which in turn seems to be causing my ADHD to do the same due to lack of sleep, anxiety, etc. Today my doctor up'ed my my Adderall from 30MG a day to 45. He also discarded me using Mirapex (it does nothing) and prescribed Requip.

I have been reading up on Requip and it seems to be a really weird medication; people seem to experience crazy side effects such as gambling, lack of impulse control, and increases sexually. This sounds like a chemical nightmare in conjunction with Adderall.

Does anyone have experience using both medications or know anything more extensive on Requip?

I understand I should call my MD with concerns, but his office is closed for another hour for lunch and I do not feel like being on hold for an additional 2 hours after that waiting for a PA to answer my call and make me feel like I am completely wasting his/her time and my concerns are not valid in the least. I thought I would try here first and read your guys differing opinions/experiences.

You have to consider that dopamine agonists are also used for treating Parkinson's in higher doses more likely to cause side effects. Reports of so severe side effects often come from Parkinson's patients. My neurologist told me not to worry about them when she prescribed my RLS treatment (100 mg levodopa for sleeping and a 1 mg/24h transdermal rotigotin patch for daytime symptoms) and that side effects from RLS-level doses are generally limited to nausea. These side effects aren't specific to Requip either, any dopamine agonist (or levodopa) will have a risk of them as far as I'm aware.

Well it would certainly seem to be a case of a little too much of the good stuff. Dopamine agonist plus releaser like adderal. Then again you have to consider the fact that you probably have a fair amount of tolerance to the adderal and you will have to consider the fact that your doctor will start you out on the Requip in a low dose. As soon as you experience negative side-effects you can always decrease your dosage of either medication. Just take them as prescribed and notify your doctor if you are starting to get bad side-effects.

I take 4.5 mg a day of mirapex and 60mg of Vyanse (previously adderall and methylphenidate).
I was concerned about any potentiation from the two but I notice absolutely no difference to my Vyvanse whether I take it with this high dose of mirapex or not.
Hope this helps.