• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Skipping Benzo Script Question

PeaceOfPast

Ex-Bluelighter
I have been on daily 2 mg Klonopin for awhile now. Id like to skip the script to take high dosage opiates and some psycs. Will i go thru withdrawals or can I just skip it a few days? How long do i have to skip it for first? Thanks

With clonazepam, only 2mg a day... skipping a day, you would be completely fine due to the half life... and considering you are taking opiates.. you'll be fine.

If you use it for its anti-anxiety effects, take .5mg or .25mg along with your opiates to prevent anxiety and/or withdrawal.

Okay, but see, I dont want to mix them at all cuz it worries me. Just to be safe.

I also take 1800 mg gabapentin. Any problems skipping there too?

Everyone is different when it comes to this. If it were me id feel pretty horrible without both.

Okay, but see, I dont want to mix them at all cuz it worries me. Just to be safe.

I also take 1800 mg gabapentin. Any problems skipping there too?
Gabapentin is sometimes a potentiator for some people... others not so much.. It won't effect you negatively, though. (For opiates)

Everyone is different when it comes to this. If it were me id feel pretty horrible without both.

Do you mean from withdrawals or just lacking the medication effect?

I havent skipped the scripts yet since starting them.

Benzo WD can last up to 60 days, its highly unpleasant, I would safely monitor my dose and lower it if using other drugs. Bear in mind this is going to be dangerous either way... You can take Benzo's w psychedelics

And is there any consensus on if gabapentin has withdrawals? The klonopin does have a long-half life..