• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids help with opana vs fentanyl

dude71

Greenlighter
Hello
I am Really new I want to give my back ground but I don't want to cause problems. I just was wondering if there was someone that ground down and sniffed 3 to 4 40 mg opanas a day but still was able to make it every month to next fill. but this month wont due to the fact the persons son took them or there friends did. but was able to get ahold of 100mcg fentanyl gel patch what would the bst way to get the relaxing I guest euphoric effect out of the patches. there is much info on how to use it but nothing stating how much the main reason is the persons father is in ICU and very sick and is trying to keep the withdrawls at bay with a good buzz in order to keep his normal appearance so no one notices and his father doesn't have to worry about his son thatnk you. basically how much gel can be put on a piece of paper and dissolved on the gums or is there a better way

I'm an opana user. (40's & 10's)
No way, no way would I ever, ever touch Fent. Am terrified of it, and I have a pretty good tolerance. Even people who are chronic opiate users with high tolerance have overdosed on Fent.

I'd rather take methadone pills to keep withdrawals at bay. Knowing how many mgs my body can tolerate and doing this many times, it feels safer to me.

Have you checked out the Fent mega thread? Best place to start.

Healing thoughts to your dad.

well I guess there is not much help on this site. but im use to it I guess or I should be use to not getting much help ever so oh well I guess

I recall that when I was insufflating the Opana 20mg ERs one 150mcg patch would last me a day or two. If you're sniffing over 120mgs of oxymorph a day you should be able.to handle fent fairly well. I always started with a pea sized drop of the gel under the tounge and wait atleast a couple hours before redosing.Take this infbo with a LARGE grain of salt as my last experience with fent/oxymorphone was in 2011. Bepa

Edit:can't edit last part of post

Last edited:
should I put the drop of gel on a thick type of paper and let it soak in it so I don't just salivate and swallow most of the gel?

well thanks for the advice, I did find a good way that actually feels easier to control and works. I got a 45ml saline nasal spray from the drug store, I wasn't sure about the saline solution with the fentanyl gel so I dumped the solution out and filled it half way with hot water then I added a patch of 100 mcg fentanyl gel in, shook it vigorously for a bit then filled it up with more water and shook it more. after I was done I just sprayed 2 to 3 squirts in each nostril ( made sure it came out in a mist) and by the time I finished a smoke I had what I was looking for and that was no more pain, no more withdrawals and a little euphoria. the euphoria was just a added bonus but the absence of pain and withdrawals was the real bonus plus the euphoria also helps to let me know it is working more than I thought it would. so thanks for your other advice

Fent patches are best used as directed (worn). ANY other method of taking fent patches will compress its effects into a spike, with duration going in the toilet. If you are talking about chewing Spentanyl (spent fent patches), then go for it, but I doubt that even a 100mcg/hr path will hold you if you're used to 3-4 40mg Opana/day. Fentanyl is barely euphoric, and the risk of OD is high if IVd. Given the costs involved in everything (which we arent allowed to specifically discuss), your best bet for w/d is suboxone/subutex or methadone.

OP, I dont know what your utimate goal is... is it' not being in wd, try procuring some methadone (or subs, but they will block other opiates). If it's pain relief, you're gonna need a HELL of a lot more than what your doc is prescribing, unless you are getting generic Opana and know how to do a 91% IPA extraction to make them IV'able. If they are the name brand double convex e-whatever marking, you are pretty much sool.

I recall that when I was insufflating the Opana 20mg ERs one 150mcg patch would last me a day or two. If you're sniffing over 120mgs of oxymorph a day you should be able.to handle fent fairly well. I always started with a pea sized drop of the gel under the tounge and wait atleast a couple hours before redosing.Take this infbo with a LARGE grain of salt as my last experience with fent/oxymorphone was in 2011. Bepa

Edit:can't edit last part of post

Please do not advocate any route of administration other than transdermal for fentanyl patches. OP, PLEASE disregard this information, fentanyl is not distributed equally throughout the patch and you could end up OD'ing very easily if a dense part of the gel was placed under your tongue.

Even if it wasn't dangerous it wouldn't be the most efficient method for your situation. If you just want to avoid withdrawals then just clean a part of your skin off (like on your shoulder for instance), and gently apply the patch uniformly onto the area. The patch will administer fentanyl for around 72 hours, so although it won't really get you high, it will simply keep your withdrawals at bay for an extended period of time. Which IMO is perfect for your situation, you won't seem too fucked up around your dad, but you also won't be withdrawing either.

Whatever you do DON'T use any other way other than transdermal, you will easily be able to handle a 100mcg patch given your tolerance to Opana, but if you try and use sublingually you risk taking wayyy more than you can deal with.

Good luck

ok if I put the patch on how long would it take to work? and also would it still be ok to take my Xanax at bed time like my doc wants

I am prescribed fentanyl patches and if for some reason I have a lapse in reapplying patches, it can take 24 hrs or so to fully feel the pain relief from them. I can also tell you that withdraw from the patch is horrible horrible horrible. It may not be worth using it at all.

^^^ dude71 It may take up to a day for you to start feeling a satisfying amount of relief from them, but I think you will most likely feel it around the 12 hour mark. and continuously feel it for around 2 days or so at the same rate. In other words, your are getting 100mcg released every hour or so (hence the label, 100mcg/hour), it takes a a little while for this to start to happen, but once it does, it will continue consistently for a day or two. Given your tolerance, the patch matches up pretty accurately with what an equipotent dosage of fentanyl would be with your stated tolerance to opana. I used a fentanyl patch converter with 150mg of opana (between your stated daily dose of 3-4 40mg pills) and it came up with 115mcg and hour. So you'll definitely not be in withdrawals after putting the patch on. Mstmil's statement about it causing withdrawal's doesn't really make sense given that obviously you already would be in withdrawals and the whole point is to delay them as much as possible...

My recommendation would be to take the patch the morning of the day before you see your dad, that way you will have started feeling it, have a better understanding of where you are withdrawal wise in order for you to be better prepared, and then when you see him you will be steadied out enough so that you won't have anything to worry about.

As far as the xanax goes, I would wait until you see how the fentanyl is effecting you before you take it, so take the patch earlier in the day so that it is already started taking up effects. Then based on how much you are feeling it (since it is possible you will catch a buzz) decide whether it is best to take it or not. Honestly, unless you are completely dependent upon it, i would just forget about it until the patch wears off, but still if your dose is reasonable (1mg and below) than it probably won't be too big of a deal, especially if the patch is merely keeping your withdrawals at bay, and not giving you any sort of high.

*I should advise that a 100mcg patch is quite a high dosage, so when you say you do 3-4 opanas at a time, I hope that is a consistent dose for you. In other words, if 3-4 is what you use to get floored every week or so, 100mcg patch might get you pretty fucked up, to the point that it could be dangerous. And also, I am not a medical doctor, so everything i say should be taken with a grain of salt. These are just recommendations, not an end all guide. I feel for you in that you want to be there for your dad in a reasonable state of mind, but I also want to take into account the dangers of fentanyl. I feel that after my conservative estimates on tolerance conversion, this would be the safest way to take the patch if that is what you end up doing.

Last edited:
ok so I put the patch on this morning around 930 I was up at 5am it took my awhile to think about it but I was getting real bad so I put it on, so basically it will work tonight at 930 so im wondering if I should not go to sleep or would I be ok with my high tolerance?

Again, it probably will start working by then but everyone is different so it could take longer. If my tolerance conversions are correct, you should be completely fine to sleep, it won't really have an effect on anything.

I will say again that you should try and stay up a little later to have an idea of how it is effecting you, but I am confident it will be buzz-worth at best, so you should be okay. Still, we can't know until you know how it is effecting you, so try your best to stay up until you start feeling it.

Although it is most likely safe, be prepared no matter what- please report back on how you are doing.