View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Alcoholic woman admits: ‘I can’t stop drinking hand sanitiser’

poledriver

Bluelighter
Alcoholic woman admits: ‘I can’t stop drinking hand sanitiser’

726518-9a2397a8-751a-11e4-95cb-53e820554b16.jpg

AN ALCOHOLIC has revealed how she drinks hand sanitiser in a desperate attempt to get her daily fix.

The American woman, known as Kristine, said she has been battling her addiction for eight years and was struggling to overcome it.

Not even a drink driving charge and near death experience has stopped her from drinking up to 230mls of hand sanitiser every day.

Her devastated mother has told US TV show Dr Phil her daughter will die unless she stops drinking the stuff.

The 42-year-old Kirstine told the show her life is out of control.

“I’ve been drinking hand sanitiser for about two years. I found out about drinking it in rehab,” she told the celebrity TV host.

“So I have a bottle, and I’ll fill this up with my eight ounce bottle (230mls). I’ll open it and just have a shot.

“A couple of hours later — the rest. It tastes like a shot of very strong alcohol. Hand sanitiser is about 140 proof.”

Kristine knows her behaviour is destroying her family and despite two broken marriages is still drinking.

“It tastes like a shot of very strong alcohol,” she said, before adding it’s disgusting and weird to hear herself say that she drinks it.

“As soon as I take a shot of it, I feel like I can function.”

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...g-hand-sanitiser/story-fneuzlbd-1227135727548

I guess we'll be hearing no filthy language coming from her.

On a serious note, I like to have a drink once in a while, but when my beer turns into hand sanitizer, it's time to get a life review.
Next stop is Lysolville.

I don't understand how people can become this addicted to alcohol.
It's a really shitty drug imo
All the hairspray, lysol, and hand sanitizer has to be locked up at stores in my hometown because of street people constantly stealing it so they can drink it.

I think it has a lot to do with the stigma against drugs, instead of turning to a safer drug equivalent or alternative, they turn to a shittier alcohol alternative.

The drug war at work.

Hand sanitiser is about 140 proof.

High proof liquors exist for both daring temperaments and refined palettes. Proof, based on alcohol by volume or ABV, gauges the amount of ethanol in distilled spirits. Proof is actually the ABV percentage doubled -- so a liquor with 45 percent ABV is 90 proof. Most liquors have moderate to moderately high proofs, usually topping out at around 120 proof. Some types of liquors, which are alcoholic beverages distilled from sources like grains and vegetables with little to no sugar added to them, come in amazingly high proofs.

I guess for her to buy any alcohol in shops that is that high would get very expensive.

I'm pretty sure most hand sanitizers, like rubbing alcohol, have additives added to them to strongly discourage their use as recreational beverages. At least in the US, I thought this was a legal requirement to avoid taxation as alcoholic beverages. Some of these additives taste very bitter, and others are almost guaranteed to give you pretty bad indigestion. Doesn't sound like a fun habit to me. At this point this lady must just be fighting off delerium tremens ("this just gets me to normal!") rather than chasing any sort of fun buzz.

Why doesn't she just get ever clear?? Its cheap enough...the hand sanitizer has a bunch of other nasty shit in it like fragrance

I don't understand how people can become this addicted to alcohol.
It's a really shitty drug imo

i assure you kristine did not wake up one day and decide she wanted to drink hand sanitizer.. alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs know to man. it'll grab you by the throat if youre not careful.

Seriously? You can buy a liter of 190+ proof with no denatured elements from the liquor store for less than $20 almost anywhere.

Oh, it's Australia. Nevermind.....

they drink mouthwash on Indian reservations

I would have thought hand sanitizer would be stronger than 140 proof. You can get Bacardi 151 pretty much anywhere, most places dont allow the 190 Everclear to be sold without a Doctor's prescription though.

im not really sure what the medical reason for prescribing alcohol is but it does exist

Seriously? You can buy a liter of 190+ proof with no denatured elements from the liquor store for less than $20 almost anywhere.

Oh, it's Australia. Nevermind.....

The American woman, known as Kristine, said she has been battling her addiction for eight years and was struggling to overcome it.

they drink mouthwash on Indian reservations

I would have thought hand sanitizer would be stronger than 140 proof. You can get Bacardi 151 pretty much anywhere, most places dont allow the 190 Everclear to be sold without a Doctor's prescription though.

im not really sure what the medical reason for prescribing alcohol is but it does exist

That is far from the worst they drink.
I've seen a man slam a bottle of pine sol before.
My town is surrounded by dry reserves and all the alcoholics come into my town to get liquor

Haha well it is 99% alcohol....

I remember kids in juvenile hall would do this shit, they would eat paint chips and hyperventilate too lol.

When I was a kid in school they told me hardcore alchies would melt down and strain lp records to get some sort of alcohol out of them.

Really?
Or was that made up bullshit to scare kids?
(As if they never bullshitted on cannabis)

There is also something called HOMEBREW it's cheap, good, litre's or gallons of it and it's not hand sanitizer.

@OP I apologize. Stupid me saw the .au address and assumed it was in Australia; I simply read right past the word 'American' in the first sentence.

When I was a kid in school they told me hardcore alchies would melt down and strain lp records to get some sort of alcohol out of them.

Really?
Or was that made up bullshit to scare kids?
(As if they never bullshitted on cannabis)

There is also something called HOMEBREW it's cheap, good, litre's or gallons of it and it's not hand sanitizer.

Holy shit I have heard the melting down records thing as well, I too always wondered if that was real.

Indeed, if you have watched that show about moonshining in the backwoods US you would know it is not rocket science to make but you need to get rid of the methanol when distilling the fermented hooch ( it is the first liquid to come out of the still).

Alcohol is what it is no matter the form. Same drug same effects no better no worse. Please stop judging this woman and move on to your next fix.