• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Making Your Dealer Happy - For Real

Petersko

Bluelighter
I had this thread going at the other drugs site - after reading RockaFatNasty's thread, "How to Hustle Your Dealer" I thought this might be appropriate here. Don't "hustle" your dealer.
I apologize if this thread is considered a duplicate of an existing one, but I think additions in point form, with clarity, would make this information more useful than block style arguing.
--
As a former associate of an active dealer, I have some suggestions for those of you acquiring drugs. These may seem self-explanatory to some of you, but you'd be surprised how many people just don't get it.
1 - Do not show up with people your dealer does not know. If you have company, warn him.
2 - If the cell phone is off, don't call land lines - a dealer doesn't turn off the money phone if they want your business.
3 - If the price is understood, don't make the dealer go out of their way to come see you if you have less, in hopes he will give you a break.
4 - Do not lowball your dealer. If you tell him someone else is cheaper, and he tells you, "Fine, go elsewhere" - take it at face value. Don't press the point - either pay what he's asking at that point, or go elsewhere.
5 - A low heat, easy-going, reliable connection is worth another $15/8-ball of coke (for instance). Listen to your friends that have been ripped off in the past - and treasure that connection.
6 - Never, ever, ever give anybody your dealers number without his directly expressed permission.
7 - Show up when you say you will - don't keep him waiting. Time is money.

Additions from the Other Drugs thread (edited by myself):
robbyrob:
1. Try to avoid asking for a front.
2. If he is nice enough to front you, pay him back as soon as possible, and don't ask for another front when you already owe him. That is the start of a slide.
3. Don't tell your dealer to hook you up with his conection.
electroboy:
1. Do not ever ask your dealer "how much did you pay for this". It's incredibly rude, and most people don't even realize it.
vvumpscu7:
1. Never leave a message on someone's phone with any mention of drugs, no matter what slang or codes you use.
Petersko:
1. When buying in a club or any public location, have exact change, or say "keep the change".

it's always best & i've usually been blessed to have good friends as dealers. that way there is no bullshit customer/vendor awkwardness, money is always understood & often you will be offered things above the average customer simply cuz you get on well.
that said, it's different in cities where a bigger clientele & bigger hassles make the experience more fraught. i suppose it depends on what context you're doing business - if it's a couple of mates in a country pub it's obviously going to be different to scoring rocks in a known pickup point.
oh, and another dealer etiquette point:
never bring anyone to the dealer's house, and never ever stand outside their bedsit and shout your orders thru the window. i mean, c'mon.

if you get caught with a dimebag misdemeanor, please dont believe the pig that ou will get 2 years in prison and rat him out, causing hi to get a suppliers rap.
dont be a pussy, a rat. 90% of people are- this is how the pigs operate, stop them in their tracks!

Good thread!
If your dealer has told you "I'll get you anything, no problem, just give me three days notice" then give him three days notice. Don't ring him up on Friday wanting pills for that night.
If you arrange to meet him, turn up.
(In my scene at the moment its very much a case of friends helping each other out, rather than dealers who are doing it as a business. I've had friends of mine take our dealer for granted and mess him around. Not good).

all my 'dealers' are my close friends as well. anytime i pick up a new 'dealer,' i befriend them before doing any business, or use the business as an excuse to become friends. makes things much easier, with less worries :)

What is all this kiss-your-dealer's-ass shit? I'm not saying you should be rude, or treat them like shit, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to be extra nice to someone I buy drugs from. " Pick them up cigarettes on the way", "take them out for a drink"? Am I the only one that finds this completely ridiculous?(unless of course you are friends with your dealer) As far as I'm concerned, the dealer works for the customer, and thats the way I've always seen it, even a couple of years ago when I was having this re-occuring dream where I was on the other end of the deal.( ;) ) Most people I know who sell drugs don't do it for fun, they do it to support themselves or their family. The dealer needs your money more than you need their drugs, so there's no need to kiss their ass.

Buy your dealer an EZ Test Kit. It's the gift that gives back in return. Having a healthy dose of enlightened self interest is not the same thing as kissing ass.

I had a dealer who mainly dealt in harder drugs, coke, e, and K. Oddly enough, he didn't have a worthwhile connection for good herb. So I'd always remember to buy a spare quarter bag for him of the dank shit. :)
He could get mad amounts of schwag, but no good smoke. He appreciated it more than anything, and we've still got an amazing working relationship. The discounts, long-term fronts, etc I've gotten from this has helped me immensely.
Oh yeah: if you're buying something, offter to pack a bowl. They are usualy pretty pleased to smoke decent pot, even if they have some already. It's like good booze: it's never bad.

Crimson: that cracked me up, some good points there :)
I really just believe in the basic rules that have already been written:
1) give exact change, in notes not coins.
2) give plenty of notice
3) be discreet and only use cellphones
4) dont give out the dealers number to other people without permission.
I guess I dont buy enough drugs or something because taking him out for a drink does sound silly, unless you are pretty good mates as is

Crimson Cloud said:
Most people I know who sell drugs don't do it for fun, they do it to support themselves or their family. The dealer needs your money more than you need their drugs, so there's no need to kiss their ass.
Why would you strive to make sure transactions happen with the least possible level of comfort? I really don't get it.
I'm willing to bet you have a lot of antagonism in your scene-related acquaintances.
From Robert Heinlein:
Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide the lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untraveled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as "empty," "meaningless," or "dishonest," and scorn to use them. No matter how "pure" their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best.
Why go to the trouble of treating your dealer decently? Because he's risking serious jailtime. Because dealers control your pricing. Because when it's late night, you're out of drugs, and he's the only guy around, you might be okay - IF you treated him well in the past.
Even if you don't like your dealer, respect and the simple steps above will help ensure you maintain a decent relationship.

Why would you strive to make sure transactions happen with the least possible level of comfort? I really don't get it.
I never implied anything like that. I just said it's ridiculous to kiss your dealers ass, ie bringing him out 4 drinks and shit.... come on now.

" Pick them up cigarettes on the way"
Why not? While drinks seems awfully chummy, "I'm coming by - need smokes or anything?" seems perfectly reasonable. It's not a requirement, but it's a nice gesture, low impact, costs you a couple minutes, and might lead to either better pricing or more flexible options.

Give him a 'free' hummer every time he comes over to your house with 'goodies.' Take snapshots.

Originally posted by Petersko:

Why not? While drinks seems awfully chummy, "I'm coming by - need smokes or anything?" seems perfectly reasonable. It's not a requirement, but it's a nice gesture, low impact, costs you a couple minutes, and might lead to either better pricing or more flexible options.

that's the way I feel too. If you are giving this guy thousands of dollars a week. what is the big deal if you pick him up a pack of fucking cigarettes.
A drink isn't that big of a deal either. I know in some cases a drink over a large deal will deffinately make you more comfortable. BUT - don't get drunk..you don't want to be leaving the tavern pissed with a quarter pound of coke in the car!

No different from any other business relationships really - it's always better when you can be friends! Enjoy the experience so much more!

Originally posted by Technical User:
If you are going to your dealers premises
ask him if he needs anything(cigarettes,etc...)

LISTEN TO THIS MAN