Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Water Intoxication (Suicide attempt during incarceration) - New Experience

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
Well, well, well...

Here is a sorry bunch of mother-fuckers who I missed. Good to see you again, my friends.

I have spent the past six months in jail and the latter part in rehab. In May, I decided to go on a bender involving two bottles of Clonazepam, several blister packs of Etizolam, and a bottle of Codeine.

I came to a week later in jail (I know, I was shocked too!), charged with felony mischief and misdemeanor probation violation.

Upon admission, I was greeted with pepper spray (while in cuffs) and a good cold shower via water hose (which was much worse than the pepper spray).

I also received 45 days of segregation.

For reasons which I need not delve into, I decided to take my life. This was a legitimate suicide attempt, my first. As I had no other means (all that was in my cage was a horse blanket and a cup), I figured that water intoxication was a viable option.

I began by drinking ~100 cups of water within thirty minutes.

The first effect was the clearing of my bowels. I continued to drink excessive amounts to the tune of 20 cups every five minutes. I began vomiting, and estimating that I was losing half the water that I was consuming. I continued this cycle for another hour before I noticed a significant clouding of my vision. I was also noticing a disorientation similar to the effects of alcohol. I was losing water from both ends about every ten minutes. I continued drinking because I felt that death was near. Over the course of three hours, I became nearly blind with a piercing headache. My body was exhausted and I began to lose consciousness, only to be awakened every 20 minutes from the need to relieve myself, which continued throughout the night.

I woke the next morning feeling like I had drank a quart of Scotch.

So that was an experience I would rather forget, yet best to have it down in reports, perhaps it could be of use... or just amuse someone.

Fortunately, my felony was dropped and I received only 120 days for the probation violation (no more probation!). I did go to rehab for my first time, which was very nice, and although it felt childish, I feel it did help. If nothing else, the combined experiences gave me enough time for my mind to recalibrate from years of opiate abuse. Going on six months sober now (well, a little Sake here and there, but let's not split hairs, right?).

-

Wow man, sorry you've gone through all this since you left. <3 I'm glad you didn't succeed in your attempt. I've never heard water intoxication described before... thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Xorkoth <3 My addiction got so bad that I was afraid to trip unless I had opiates in my system. I should have known something was wrong when I developed that mindset. I am pretty clean now. I refuse to even put caffeine or nicotine into my system and I wake up feeling good for the first time in what seems like forever.

I will always trip sometimes, I know that. Psychedelics never caused me to stick a needle in my arm or steal, you know?

Yeah I feel the same way... opiates sent me to a very dark place where I wanted to die, 10 years of addiction. I always tripped with opiates too during that time. Then I took ibogaine and it eliminated the opiate addiction from my mind and got me back on track. Seems like a miracle that I can feel happy and good almost all the time after all that. I still use psychedelics and marijuana and alcohol sometimes, but they're things that don't interfere with my life negatively, especially psychedelics.

I am so glad you did not succeed in your attempt, many a time I have relied on YOUR posts on this site and if I had not I may have been greatly harmed or even dead, I know it may seem like bullshit and stupid "how i get high the best!" ranting but really, thank you for posting on this site, you may not know it, but your actions will always have an impact on people, not matter how insignificant.

Glad to hear your doing better, have read your posts on here for years and i hope to continue doing so. :)

That's intense and a horrible situation to be in.

How do you spend time in segregation? Just sit there thinking? I imagine that with withdrawal would be pure hell, and of course create suicidal ideation.

Congrats for pulling through and I'm so happy you made it.

I love you even though I don't know you, please never be suicidal again, there's much to live for. And if you can survive that hell coupled with opiate addiction, what can't you do?

That's intense and a horrible situation to be in.

How do you spend time in segregation? Just sit there thinking? I imagine that with withdrawal would be pure hell, and of course create suicidal ideation.

Congrats for pulling through and I'm so happy you made it.

I love you even though I don't know you, please never be suicidal again, there's much to live for. And if you can survive that hell coupled with opiate addiction, what can't you do?

Very interesting. I can say I have never heard of this... I'm glad you didn't succeed. Sounds like an awful way to go. Although completely different, it did remind me of my uncles account of drinking anti freeze.

Wow man, sorry you've gone through all this since you left. <3 I'm glad you didn't succeed in your attempt. I've never heard water intoxication described before... thanks for sharing.

I heard it is the most commom cause of actual fatality in "ecstasy" related deaths!

Jackie, I am so sorry to hear about that ordeal. Pepper spray is horrible--gives me nightmares just thinking about it. I am happy that you did not die, happy that you have gotten yourself back in balance and happy that you are feeling positive. <3

Sorry to hear about that. I don't know if many people here are religious, but you are in my prayers, i hope you're life gets better from that horrible experience. When my moms GAD was not yet diagnosed, she would dump buckets of ice cold water on me to wake me up almost every morning, i'm sure its not as bad as getting hosed down, pepper sprayed, or spending 6 months in jail but that reminded me of those horrible mornings, waking up to a mad woman screaming and dumping cold water on me. Wish you all the best.

Man, the prison system is fucked up. They tell you torture is illegal... Sure it is. I'm glad you're in a better place now. Interesting report.

I heard it is the most commom cause of actual fatality in "ecstasy" related deaths!
True of many empathogens. ADH levels skyrocket so the body has very little way of regulating its internal electrolyte concentrations. Once Na+/K+/Mg2+/Ca2+ become too dilute, neurons cannot fire, muscles cannot contract.

such a heavy story,
im glad you didn't succeed,
i hope there's a bright future for you..
take care brother

Sorry to go off track, but have you never heard the name lead betts?

No I have not... why?

I misread your post. I thought you were saying you'd never heard of people dying in the way described in the op.

Btw leah betts was a young, middle class girl and daughter of a police man who died after drinking 12 pints of water, but it was wrongly labelled in the press as being caused by an ecstasy tablet she had taken and led to a "moral panic" in the uk in the early 90's.

Ah okay. Yeah I just meant I have never heard someone describing it subjectively, I know it's a real thing.

ive always thought of my suicide and i know exactly how im gonna do it if i ever did. 20mg xanax, 300mg codeine and an entire bottle of vodka with a note and a locked door.

my friends and i once played "kings" a card drinking game. we had no booze so we used water. basically if you pull a king you drink about 2 pints of water in one. By the third cup we were vomiting it all up and it felt like 40 waterballoons in my stomach

Hey I've heard about ibogain. did you have to go through treatment how do you get it what do you gotta do