• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'Legalize heroin & cocaine': World leaders call for end to War on Drugs

theWhiteLarryBird

Bluelighter

“The facts speak for themselves. It is time to change course,” said former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan. “We need drug policies informed by evidence of what actually works.”

The side effects of drug prohibition is a “thread” that runs through all of public life, the group says.

spectrum_en2.gif

I know there are a lot of these threads, but I particularly enjoyed the graph. I'm ready for some serious and potent change. The war on drugs is an embarrassment and a threat to mankind.

The GCDP’s recommendations for solving this are bold: governments must ensure that citizens inflict as little harm upon themselves while using drugs; no users should ever be arrested for possession; and the government must itself control the drug market.

Sounds pretty logical. People take drugs anyway and will continue to.

I like the graphical representation, it may help convince the fucktard politicians who are unable to conceptualize such a simple idea.

I know there are a lot of these threads, but I particularly enjoyed the graph. I'm ready for some serious and potent change. The war on drugs is an embarrassment and a threat to mankind.

Please, keep these threads coming if you don't mind - they never get old (for me anyways); particularly when the former UN Secretary General is the one speaking out.

Yes. I hope that it doesn't take more collateral damage of half the free world, and numerous intelligent, political figures to shut down the drug war menace. I, for one am physically sick and tired of the illusion and deceit that has enveloped much of the US in the name of war.

my criminal record is made up of 1 pot possession charge (i had literally .5g of weed...)
and an underage drinking charge from when i was 20.
And they RAPED me for that shit- 450$ fine, 10days in jail, community service, 3 substance abuse classes, drug/alcohol evaluation, and a suspended sentence of 180 days that i had to live with hanging over my head for six months...
Drug laws are way too harsh.

^Yes, that is almost my exact same experience. I learned that the most dangerous thing about marijuana is getting caught with it.

^Yes, that is almost my exact same experience. I learned that the most dangerous thing about marijuana is getting caught with it.

Most cops working narcotics act like pigs - some of them very crooked.

It's clearly a numbers game to them, but also with some racial profiling and framing to boot.

I cannot comprehend how this 'holocaust in slow motion' has been allowed to continue for so long. And if there is any justice left in America's justice system with respect to how LEOs are dealt with during a criminal investigation, these pigs will eventually have to face a day of reckoning without any leeway whatsoever from anyone in a position to potentially do so for all the suffering they have caused to those whom they were supposed to protect and to serve.

There was a time in America, when a police officer's car pulling up in a neighborhood was a welcome sight; a time when children would run to a cop car faster than to their local ice cream truck. That time has long passed, and sightings of a cop car is now typically met with weariness, mistrust, fear, and suspicion. This is a very sad and tragic turn of events.

Last edited:
There was a time in America, when a police officer's car pulling up in a neighborhood was a welcome sight; a time when children would run to a cop car faster than to their local ice cream truck. That time has long passed, and sightings of a cop car is now typically met with weariness, mistrust, fear, and suspicion. This is a very sad and tragic turn of events.

Really? I don't know about that but I'm pretty young. To me at least it's always just looked like a way for some fat cat to fill his pockets.

Glad to see so many of these graph type posts explaining how fucked/stupid things are. Maybe one day things will change.

my criminal record is made up of 1 pot possession charge (i had literally .5g of weed...)
and an underage drinking charge from when i was 20.
And they RAPED me for that shit- 450$ fine, 10days in jail, community service, 3 substance abuse classes, drug/alcohol evaluation, and a suspended sentence of 180 days that i had to live with hanging over my head for six months...
Drug laws are way too harsh.

That's so fucked.

Qft....I got popped and arrested for a dirty one hitter that didn't even work. It was clogged AMD I got a toothpick stuck in it. It was one of those fake metal CIG things not a nice glass chillem...the statute here is under ten grams its not a big deal, I was like u have to be fucking kidding me, there might be ten mg there. Cops with nothing better to do.

Drugs will never be legal whilst too many people make LOTS of money keeping drugs illegal. Private prisons, police, drug agencies, tobacco, alcohol etc...

I don't really give a shit if theyre legal or not, but I very much hope in my life time that they become decriminalized. I think people forget there is a very reasonable, attainable middle ground; decriminalization. Right now, we, as users, are categorized as criminals. When in reality, its the worthless, money-grubbing pigs and feds that are devoid of morality.

Really? I don't know about that but I'm pretty young. To me at least it's always just looked like a way for some fat cat to fill his pockets.

Glad to see so many of these graph type posts explaining how fucked/stupid things are. Maybe one day things will change.

I know it may seem like complete bullshit on my part to write this as if it was the norm many decades ago, but it's the truth - at least in urban America.

Unfortunately, it's been 43 years since the war on drugs began, therefore, it's been a long time since these things changed for the worst.

That's not to say that before the war on drugs - in the 50s and 60s - there wasn't mistrust of the police. For racial minorities - especially African-Americans - it was a difficult time.

Have you got 15 minutes to watch a LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) video on their YouTube account? And if you don't mind, that is...

They uploaded a good segment 2 weeks ago. It's titled "Municipal Cop tells church audience the truth about the drug war" and it's very insightful and inspiring in my opinion to witness this former drug warrior cop who is not retired tell it like it really is. Here's a direct link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPwBHrJcIU&feature=youtu.be

In fact, I recommend anyone and everyone who has time and won't get into trouble (due to being at work, etc.) to check out the aforementioned link. I'm really proud of this police officer - usually I can't stand POs, but this is a rare exception.

I think people forget there is a very reasonable, attainable middle ground; decriminalization.

That stops the criminalization of users - and I agree that achieving this is more important than any other goal in drug policy reform - but it doesn't stop the global violence, corruption, and destabilization.