• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does Nordazepam (active metabolite of Diazepam) have the same effects??

crestfallen

Bluelighter
I've UTFSE and haven't found much info on this question.

I've had Valium a handful of times and I really enjoyed the muscle relaxation and anti anxiety effects, especially during stim comedowns. I have access to Nordazepam aka desmethyldiazepam which is an active metabolite of diazepam. I want to know if it feels like the parent compound (diazepam) or if it's effects are different. I think it's also a metabolite of clorazepate which I hear is not very effective for comedowns/panic attacks.

10mg of nordazepam = 10mg of diazepam so maybe it feels the same?

In a word, no.

It *may* be for tapering than diazepam itself since diazepam has so many active metabolites and can cause upswings and downswings. Its also lipid-soluble like diazepam so it still has that disadvantage.

I really only see it used, as the clorazepate form (15mg of clorazepate turns into roughly 10mg of DMD), in detox settings because its not abusable like diazepam but diazepam is the superior drug regardless and that's not saying much because diazepam itself isn't a very good anxiolytic. Excellent muscle relaxant but only average anxiolytic.

So you're saying the effects aren't as good as diazepam, which makes it less likely to be abused? I was thinking that nordazepam is what makes diazepam more active, similar to hydrocodone being metabolized into hydromorphone (which is much stronger), but I guess that's just wishful thinking.

Thanks Magickalkat