• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorph-Contin for pain- Addiction

CuriousGirly

Greenlighter
I have been addicted to opiates for a few years now, and went on methadone and whatnot. I quit methadone cold turkey Sept 2013 :D
But afterwards when I quit, it turned out I have a really bad back (I never noticed before because the methadone numbed it out)
I have scoliosis and degenerative disc disease. It is extremely painful.
I have a REALLY dumb DR. She is a new dr. She doesn't know about my past and whatnot. I needed a new dr because I moved cities.
Anyway, so this Dr is taking forever to get my MRIs done (She has none of my old medical records because my previous dr lost them, so luckily she believes the amount of pain I am in)
I couldn't take anything for about a year because I was pregnant, but sometimes I would take stuff for my back.
Anyway as soon as I wasn't pregnant anymore I got whatever I could from my dr. We started with percs, they did nothing ...obviously..then dilaudid (hydromorphone, which worked GREAT for pain-when snorted of course) But eventually we stopped the dilaudid because I was taking 2mg about 6-8x a day. Then we tried fentanyl 25mcg, COMPLETE GARBAGE. And then 50mcg, helped a little but was gross feeling, I hated it. So then she gave me hydromorphcontin, which I've tried in the past and have liked. She gave me 3mg pills... I went went back a week later and said they were all done. She said "you know they are extended release right? 2 a day, every 12 hours." Me- "I know but they don't work, so I took more"

Anyway so I am at 6mg 3x a day.
Wish I had more, but that's all she'll give me right now.
I take 2 orally a day for pain, and snort 2 a day for a feel good.

Now, it sucks because I feel I can only function when I snort pills. I've felt that way forever but even more so now.
It's hard because I was addicted to pills previously. And now I ACTUALLY need to take them for my back or I can't move.
I am 22 years old.
I know eventually she'll ween me off, but that's not happening until my back gets fixed. I REFUSE to live in pain. When I was pregnant that was the worst time of my life.

I don't really know what I am getting at...I think I am just venting a little because I have no one to talk to. And no one knows. This is my own little private life I keep to myself and it's hard.
Is anyone else out there dealing with this or something similar.

And just wanted to add, is there any way for make hydromophcontin last longer than 2 hours nasally?

Thanks,

CG

Actually you and I are in pretty similar places. Basically when I found the meds I was given for pain relief weren't doing the job, I turned to snorting them, as you do. Like you've found out there's the old' good news/bad news. They hit you quicker when you snort but they don't last as long. I really believe the best way to maximize the meds is to do pretty much what you're doing and that's take a baseline orally to get the pain relief up and running so you won't dip too low and then snort maybe smaller amounts every now and then. I really think that's about as good as it's going to get in your position. Just so you don't feel alone, I too snort my meds and it is a closely guarded secret I would never tell a soul, except at a place like BL. Just do what you can and please don't think you're the only one going through this! Please feel free to message me if you'd like to talk more.

You seem worried about being addicted but at the same time looking for a more powerful roa and unfortunately they go hand and hand. I became addicted many Years ago when I was prescribed oxy ir 30mg for my back pain. Initially eating them, then snorting. When those didn't help any longer it was nothing but the needle. Shooting morphine opana dilaudid. Whatever I could find on the street. Now at that point it could've been because I needed relief from the pain but I'd honestly say it was because I was so overcome by addiction. I would suggest eating your medication depending on its bio availability. That will determine how much medicine your body absorbs. Snorting actually reduces its bio availability so you are not getting your proper dosage. Hense the pain. On a positive note the withdrawal should be slightly less intense because of the lack of absorption.