• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Are crystallized "cutting agents" a relatively new thing in crystal meth?

Irony

Greenlighter
Sorry if this has been covered before, couldn't find it.

So during my regular visits to the local trucker bathroom, I overhear older dudes in the stall next to me reminisce about the "good ol' days" of methamphetamine.

They seem to remember 2 kinds: "speed" (powder/crushed crystals of lower quality/containing powder cuts) and "crystal/ice/glass/etc." (shards of consistently high quality crystal meth). I'm assuming this was in the mid-80s, perhaps even extending into the early 2000s.

Obviously (to the truck drivers of course) that is not the case anymore, where rocks and crystals of "meth" can contain as low as 5% methamphetamine or be completely fake (MSM, iso-n, etc.)

The low quality (but >0%) rocks of crystal that seem to be a recent phenomenon implies to me that A) manufacturers discovered a cheap cut that they add before crystallization that crystallizes exactly with meth during synthesis, B) they found some way to combine the finalized pure product with an identical cut post-synthesis, or C) the "cuts" are actually unintended impurities resulting from unprofessional cooks or clandestine working environments.

Or a combination of the three, or something completely different. Any ideas? Specifics and sources would be nice.

Thanks!

I've known of people who do this with meth, yes. Not sure how new it is. These guys are morons, I doubt they've had any novel ideas.