• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IM Use of UK heroin and How to do/use It as SAFELY as Possible

madonit

Bluelighter
Hello all bluelight crew,

I hope ive put this in the right place if i have not could a MOD please move it to its rightful place for me Thank you.

I have UTFSE to try and find something on this subject briefly but not extensivley as i did not have the time but found nothing directly related to it. Anyways here is my situation I cannot find a vein to IV heroin no more even though i stopped IV use back around 2005-2006 so i switched to IM use. I try not to use to often but have had really bad news lately thats hit me hard thus im back on using heroin regularly . I have seen a lot of posts saying to NEVER IM STREET HEROIN, but this is in reality impossible for me at the moment.

I have been going in my muscles in my bottom and use vit c instead of citric acid so it does not sting like a wasp. One thing that is bothering me at the moment after reading a few posts is regarding particles getting into your lungs, I never knew this was even an issue until last week (call me a dumbass if you want).

Does IM use put more particles in your lungs than IV use ? I would switch to smoking but I cant because i have been coughing up blood which was one of the main reasons i stopped smoking heroin and went to IM use. I have been trying plugging but find it takes at least twice the dose compared to IM use on myself.

We get disposable spoons in our needle packs in our area that come with a tiny filters inside them. Should i use these or would it be better to use the full length of a swan roll up filter ? Also i have heard of wheel filters and sterifilt but have never been able to get hold of them is there anywhere you can collect or ideally order them for free online for the uk ?

Does plugging heroin allow particles to get to your lungs too ? And if so is it more or less than Smoking or Injecting ? Sorry guys so many questions i want to know the answers too plus there is more in my head somewhere that i have forgotten at the moment but i will add them as and when i remember what they are. Im also on pain management meds that was durogesic patchs till around 3 years ago then mst continus and i switched back to patchs recently but was given matrifen and i never got on with them at all im 90% sure the issue was brand related and not the drug fentanyl related as matrifen seemed no where near as good as durogesic to me when i was on them before. I was put back on mst continus and i got the impression my doc did not want to issue durogesic for some reason so i did not ask for them. Hope my questions are clear and someone out there knows the answers i am looking for.

Thanks Bluelighters any help would mean a lot to me. Respect to all .

Last edited:
if you are coughing up blood see a doctor asap even if it is just when you are smoking H something serious could be going on inside your body. After all this is a harm reduction site

Im sure you have heard this before but i strongly recommend against Intramuscular injection of street heroin especially base heroin like you have. But if you insist then please do use a micron filter so you don't end up with an abscess. Its never good HR practice to IM heroin or pills because the particles get stuck in the muscle tissue and can cause all sorts of problems. I wouldn't say its nessesarily more likely to put particles in your organs when compared to Intravenous infusion but just the way it gets absorbed into the body through a IM injection can cause many immediate problems mainly because there is a high probability of insluble materials in street Heroin. Plugging is way safer and easier you don't run the same risk of particles being in places where they will cause you problems. I recommend plugging before IM in the sake of harm reduction.

With IM The risk is largely dependant upon technique If the solution is not filtered properly you increase the risk of introducing Insoluble material into a muscle which can cause varying degrees of physical damage, in the form of abscesses, gangrene, open sores, etc. Even with a micron filter you run this risk but without a filter the chances are very likely it will get infected.
IV uses the liver as a filter. IM only the immune system which is why it can be more dangerous. Your body can fight infections but not all some are more resistant than others so it's really a luck of the draw type situation.

After making a filtered solution with a micron filter take your IM syringe (depending on your size its should be about 5/8s of an inch long to about 1.5 if your a really big boy) and draw up your solution making sure its free of all insoluble materials visible to the eye. The solution should be filtered with cotton then with a micron filter to ensure its safe to be injected into your muscle.
If using a 1 inch needle on the deltoid muscle of the upper arm, insert it all the way in so its not far enough to hit your bone but far enough to not be injected into your skin tissue (Subcutaneous), pull back slightly making sure your not seeing blood and then administer the injection.
Two other primary areas are the upper-outer thigh. This is the meatiest part of your thigh towards the top and on the side, below your hip. You should be able to pinch the area to feel for the meatiest part, and administer the injection with the proper sized needle for your body type. To ensure that you have entered the muscle put the needle all the way in and pull back slightly.
Another spot is the area just above each butt cheek. To find the spot place a hand on one of the cheeks of your ass. Then move your hand up to where you hit the small of your back to the side of the base of your spine. Move your hand slighly outward, stopping just before you've gotten to the side on your hip. Same procedure as before just keep in mind we generally have more fat in that area(especially women) so a larger needle may be needed.

Last edited:
No matter how much heroin you smoke, coughing up blood is NOT normal. I have known many long-term addicts who never switched to the needle (I was one of these for a long time) and no matter how hard I binged, how much I smoked or how regularly I and nobody else had to deal with regularly coughing up blood. Please see a doctor. Also, I know you probably don't want to hear this, but you really are in the long run just making things harder for yourself.

How do you do heroin safely? Simple, how do you tame a tiger shark? You don't!!! In this case, you can't just have your cake and eat it too.

That being said, if you are hell bent on using heroin, stick to smoking it off aluminum foil or sniffing the powder instead of IVing it. Also, don't do it alone, and make your companions promise to call the paramedics, who have the ability to save your life before you die if they get there in time, in case you fall out. If they refuse to call for help, they are scumbags and not people you want to associate with to begin with.

he said in his post that he has smoked so much heroin that his lungs are spewing blood. He also has base heroin which is pretty wasteful to snort and even so snorting drugs when your lungs are bleeding is not a good idea.

I was going to say to the OP I don't supose you have a safe injection site where you live? We have one here where i live and they provide you with a safe place to shoot uo along with all the sterile equipment you need. They also show you many veins you never even knew you had and will help you hit them.

Wow you have got a lot of facts wrong here.
Your better off filtering the solution than letting your self get a nasty abscess.

Sharing works is all good? Wow please don't spread this misinformation anymore.
UK heroin can in fact be IVed I don't know where you heard that. You can inject black tar heroin or base powdered heroin just fine if done properly. You also don't need to double the doses if that was the case he would just plug the stuff. There's just so much wrong with yoir post post I don't know if it was meant to be a joke because of how wrong and contradictory everything you said was but this is a serious question.

OP please don't listen to this poster. I know you probably won't considering you have been IVing UK heroin for a long time and its common sense not to share works but still just ignore that.

Thanks for your feedback Trainspotter 10102 tunesy and rio fantastic i am seeing my dr soon and will tell him about fact ive been coughing up blood, its related to smoking tobbacco, cannabis and heroin i think, Everything which i stopped totally very recently . And Dresden thanks i see where you going with that one . I assume serotonin system is joking around as you would not inject 1ml of air or even 1cc with IM use and the battery acid tip would almost be laughable if it wasnt a serious issue we was talking about (It Sounds to me like he/she giving out advice to try and kill people, can you edit or remove your post please if thats not your intention serotonin system ) So that post will be ignored also should a moderator not remove it as it almost sounds like to me a recipie to kill someone if they followed it ??.

Unfortunatly we dont have safe or supervised injecting centers a joke yes i know although some people on nhs diamorphine programes do get access to them mainly in london i think when really street heroin needs more supervision due to its varying quality and doseages. The amps come as as a freeze dried powder that are sterile and pure if your lucky enough to get them. Im in a small town so nothing like that round here. Ive got some sterifilt today i had to buy them so i hope there better than using normal filters you get in steri cup's. I will try to phase IM use out full stop and switch to plugging if i can get my tolerance down. Ive never shared works ever. I have with IM injecting used one syringe multiple times though i try to avoid using them any more than twice. These serifilts are in sterile packaging and stop you from touching the needle in anyway (which can only be a good thing with IM) This is a lot harder to do with roll up filters or the filters you find already in the steri cup as you normally end up touching them some how. But are you saying i should use the normal filters first as well ? Thanks to all for your feedback any more tips are appriciated as its all about HR. Peace.

Last edited:
By the sound of things and from what i have read i would be better off prepping an MS Contin for IM injection than using heroin no.3 if i have these sterifilt's. The tablets are branded MST Continus or Morphgesic here. I am just trying my first IM hit with a sterifilt first impression seems good so far.

It has not took away any of the dark colour though that occurs in the solution when cooking up heroin no.3/freebase. After 30 minutes I am wondering if it has took away some of the strength of the drug but that could be just my tolerance s i was down to last hit i usuallu use around 0.2-0.3 sometime 0.4 depending on what i have. Heroin HCI or Number 4 from what ive been told always looks like a clear water coloured solution no matter what the dose size is same as pure cocaine HCI (I THINK THIS IS CORRECT ABOUT HEROIN HCI). The amps on NHS go clear no matter what the dose is i think.

The dark colour is still there from this heroin number 3, but the solution seems a lot lot clearer and is less murky than it normaly is.

So what about prepping ms contin via sterifilt is this a safer option for me even if i have to filter it twice using 2 sterifilt's one after another or to use a traditional filter then a sterifilt ? On the box it says for single use and has been extensively tested with heroin, crack cocaine, subutex, generic buprenorphine, ritalin and oxycontin and that is sterile . What does everyone think or should i start a new thread called Prepping ms contin/mst continus for injecting with sterifilt's ? Ill have to check there is not already one that has been started.

Thanks guys/girls I appriciate all feedback good or bad as long as its not nasty or evil comments .

Peace.

Last edited:
As far as i.m use of street heroin, it's not your lungs i'd be worried about but all the exipients in it. You have no idea what's in there, and it can cause open sourse that never heal. The durogesic by jannsen are the originals, the generic alternative are inferior, falling of ect, the reason you dr prescribes them is simply cost, generic versions are 1/3rd the cost. Don't skin pop, smokings far safer and just as good.