• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can L-Theanine and Weed Prevent Phenibut Withdrawal

Stotched

Bluelighter
I will admit that I have made earlier posts denying phenibut addiction was possible. I used it in high doses for weeks at a time, and was able to quit cold turkey with no symptoms whatsoever. However the last 2 weeks, I have taken about 5 grams a day, redosing multiple times in a day, usually every 3 hours. Today I woke up with derealization, skin crawling, and a very weird stomach feeling.

From what I understand, Phenibut works by heavily supressing glutamate, and slight creation of dopamine.

I'm wondering if I smoked oil or high quality flower, along with 1 gram doses of l-theanine would help combat the symptoms at all. Weed heavily supresses glutamate, as does l-theanine, and weed also releases dopamine. Would this be good enough to combat withdrawals? I am not into weed smoking anymore, so if it's not going to help, I would prefer not to do it.

Chances are, if you're not a regular smoker, all weed will do is make you feel even wierder. Withdrawal from GABAergics generally makes the anxiety response from cannabis use much stronger.

If you generally respond well to cannabis then it's worth a try. If you've ever had unpleasant experiences on cannabis or other cannabinoids, just tough it out.

Is it possible to taper phenibut, or is it just quicker to CT? It just sucks, cause it takes 2 hours before I know if I took a good enough dose or not.

I'd assume that you could taper it. CT would be quicker though.

Just make sure it's a taper and not a "better take more to keep me going" situation, eh.

How long does phenibut withdrawal typically last? I CT'd from 8-10mg a day xanax 2 years ago. I was banging my head on the wall, puking, and shitting myself in bed, feeling like I was in another world for 2 months. Don't think I can do a CT of that magnitude again.

Can't comment on cannabis during Phenibut withdrawal. However the L-Theanine I can vouch for 100%. Multiple times a dose of 500mg would stop a withdrawal-induced panic attack dead in its tracks.

I personally would not introduce any weed into your system if you have not been smoking in a while. It might heighten symptoms of withdrawal

L theanine and L glutamine have helped me come off Gabaergic type drugs. I only took them for 3,4 days. L Glutamine crosses the blood brain barrier.

According to this study: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1527-3458.2001.tb00211.x/pdf

Phenibut was found to increase the levels of dopamine in rats yet its main activity is via GABA-b receptor activation. I was not personally aware of the dopamine activity until i looked into it tonight & i will agree that it does not really help much in my experience with amphetamine comedowns might take the edge off the anxiety but the stimulation is still apparent.

@Sourtulip - I guess I didn't believe it was possible, as I had used in high doses for weeks at a time before I even knew that addiction was possible. I was able to quit CT with no problems at all, so when I saw people talking about it, I thought they were at least exaggerating how bad the WD was, as I went weeks at 4 grams a day with no problems.

Maybe this time was different as I usually take 5 grams morning, 2 grams afternoon, and the redosing must have done something to cause it last time. Or maybe a lot of it is mental, as I didn't even know WD was possible after my first few binges on it.