• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids J. Collin's Brown Mixture 100ml & Care + Gee's Linctus 200ml - opiate naive

keeping

Bluelight Crew
Hey guys,

I'm relatively opiate naive, my only real foray into opiates of any kind consisted of some tramadol (which didn't do much for me) and some 30mg codeine phosphate a couple of years back. I just acquired a bottle of J. Collin's Brown Mixture 100ml which I read includes morphine, and a bottle of Care + Gee's Linctus 200ml with contains opium (the 19th century literature student I am is very excited about this one in particular).

In the spirit of HR I intend to take each bottle separately and on different days.

I'd also like to know more about dosage and ROA.

In the past I was a dependent diazepam and etizolam user; now I only take them for amphetamine comedowns, so I am used to downers. I'm 5'8 and pretty slim, how much would you recommend I ingest of J. Collin's Brown Mixture for a decent high? Same goes for Gee's Linctus. Chug the whole bottle at once? :? I once had a bottle of Care Codeine Linctus 200ml which I sipped over the course of two hours and it didn't really do much for me; I also didn't finish the whole bottle.

Concerning ROA, although the obvious choice is orally, I have plugged ecstasy before and enjoyed the process thoroughly, would plugging be effective in this scenario?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any suggestions and comments would be really helpful.

Best,
keeping

Last edited:
Gee's Linctus ingredients:
Each 5ml of syrup contains: Camphorated Opium Tincture 33% v/v, Squill Oxymel 33% v/v, Tolu Syrup 33% v/v.

J. Collis Browne's Tincture, 100ml
ingredient: Morphine anhydrous, peppermint oil
Description How to Use Ingredients Delivery & Returns

Each 5 ml dose contains Morphine Hydrochloride equivalent to 1 mg Morphine Anhydrous and 1.5 microlitre Peppermint Oil Ph. Eur
Also contains Ethanol (96%), Benzoic Acid (E210), Caramel (E150), Citric Acid (E330), Sorbitol Solution
Ethanol: 2.13%v/v per 100ml bottle, see Patient Information Leaflet
Anyone have a clue here ? I'm afraid I don't, OP.

So basically the Collis one sounds more promising as the other ingredients in the other one I don't know if they're toxic at high doses.

A dose morphine in opiate naive person is 20mg... You have 1mg per 5ml, so you'd need the whole bottle, but the bottle is 96% ethanol so wouldn't you get mostly drunk?

Last edited:
thanks for your response Bliss26, yeah I did notice the high ethanol content, and I'm not sure how well opiates mix with alcohol in higher doses.

plus I'm really only after the opiate high, I can get drunk whenever I want haha

pour the alcohol tincture out onto a clean plate, pan, or bowl large enough and evaporate the alcohol at low temps until you get a powder or gooey mush. then eat or do whatever with the mush/ powder. if you have no tolerance 20mg of oral morphine is a good starting dose but if you want to plug, snort, or smoke it I would start with much less especially with plugging. this is all assuming you don't want to get dangerously shitfaced drunk and high from the alcohol.

by 'low temps' do you mean room temp? or should i stick it in the oven on low? (sorry total newb to extraction the most i've ever done is CWE)

yeah i have basically no tolerance to opiates, alcohol on the other hand, well, I am half-Scottish...

thanks for the reply

I'm not sure if you are in a rush or not but room temp will work but it will take much longer. I would put it on one of the lowest setting on your stove and keep an eye on it. also make sure you vent the fumes with a window or stove vent so you don't blow yourself up.

i live with my parents, could i just let it evaporate in my room? im in no rush

thanks

sure, just make sure it gets air flow and a moderate amount of heat like near a vent. air out your room to prevent a build up of fumes, obviously don't smoke in your room while you are doing this.

I'm not sure if you are in a rush or not but room temp will work but it will take much longer. I would put it on one of the lowest setting on your stove and keep an eye on it. also make sure you vent the fumes with a window or stove vent so you don't blow yourself up.

NOOOOOOOOOO ! For the love of god DO NOT DO THAT on a gas stove. If the solution is truly 96% ethanol w/v Believe me you could blow your entire house up !!!!!! I think (but notice i said THINK as even a spark could set it of from a light switch) that would be ok on an electric stove but im surprised no one's commented about this before Ethanol is Highly flammable and the higher the temp the ethanol gets the more volatile it will be. I assume you did just use it as it was or tried to evap the alcohol naturally ?

Last edited:
i used to just drink 200ml Gees from the bottle in a couple of swigs,dont think about it just do it...the best opiate high for an introduction for the opiate naieve,wait half an hour then have a spliff,guaranteed to get a nod on and throw up like excorsist,itch like a mofo too. good luck

Well said sekio ;) I just hope attempted is ok and has not blown his house up trying to evaporate alcohol over a gas stove/oven. Please post back and let us know your ok !??! Id also like to know what you thought of the gees linctus i never realise'd you could still get it. You got the right idea phoenix rising just drink it ! I Wish i could still smoke cannabis.

i dont drink it any more but Gees can be bought from certain pharmacies,usually under the counter,i used to tell them it was for granny and she swears by nothing else for her chesty cough,or it can be bought online from pharmacies but with shipping ends up about a £5 but still well worth it imo.

Yeh i might try and buy a bottle or 2 to see what its like if its only about £2 a bottle. I know you can buy codeine linctus otc in uk but 200ml isnt really enough. i forget if its 5 or 15mg per 5ml. If you mixed that with gee's linctus it might be nice if you had no tolerance. It dosent really give a clear indication of what the codeine and morphine content actually is.

I said evaporate on a stove top with a vent at low temp and I have an electric stove. I didn't say set your oven to 400 degrees and bake for 1 hour. I've evaporated alcohol on my stove top without problems many times.

Don't evaporate,just drink the Gees my man,your definitely feel an awesome opium feel especially when you smoke a bit of weed with it.

NOOOOOOOOOO ! For the love of god DO NOT DO THAT on a gas stove. If the solution is truly 96% ethanol w/v Believe me you could blow your entire house up !!!!!! I think (but notice i said THINK as even a spark could set it of from a light switch) that would be ok on an electric stove but im surprised no one's commented about this before Ethanol is Highly flammable and the higher the temp the ethanol gets the more volatile it will be. I assume you did just use it as it was or tried to evap the alcohol naturally ?

i have an electric stove, but as i live with my parents i might have a hard time explaining to them what exactly i am cooking. so yes, evap naturally in my room.

Well said sekio ;) I just hope attempted is ok and has not blown his house up trying to evaporate alcohol over a gas stove/oven. Please post back and let us know your ok !??! Id also like to know what you thought of the gees linctus i never realise'd you could still get it. You got the right idea phoenix rising just drink it ! I Wish i could still smoke cannabis.

hello all! alive and in one piece. i just got my bottle of J Collins in the mail today; the conjecture surrounding which is how to get rid of all the alcohol and leave only morphine.
i'll think i'll leave it to evap in my room, no ovens involved.

i'll let you all know when the Gee's arrives too. i think ill just swig that

Don't evaporate,just drink the Gees my man,your definitely feel an awesome opium feel especially when you smoke a bit of weed with it.

yeah the evap was really only concerning the J Collins, which has a crazy high alcohol content. I'll drink the Gee's.

Last edited:
hey, so for anyone that is lurking or still interested i have two trip reports on both of this mixtures respectively.

before i go any further i would like to point out before i received these i actually smoked and insuffulated no.3 heroin; so i would say this is now coming from more of an opiate journeyman than novice.

both bottles were taken in one week. Collins on a monday, Gee + Care on a saturday. I weight around 66.6 kg and am 5'7.

1. J Collin's Browne Mixture 100ml.

After drinking 1 litre of grapefruit juice I chugged the whole bottle in one. for an hour and a half i felt nothing so i smoked a small amount of weed and dropped 20mg of diazepam. this brought on a nice drowsy effect and some small amounts of body euphoria, but was nothing special. honestly i think i was enjoying the diaz and weed more, but my pupils were pin-point and i could feel the rosy fingers of lady morphine massaging me. enjoyable but a novelty at best.

wouldn't try again, but the box it came in is a cool souvenir and i quite liked the peppermint taste.

2. Care + Gee's Linctus BP 200ml.

i was very excited about this one but it wasn't the best. this time i did not drink grapefruit juice, instead chugging the entire bottle with a chaser of a pint of water and 500mg lyrica. 2 and half hours later i felt nothing til i had a beer and i really started to get my nod on; all cotton-woollly and my eyes were pin-point and red as the devils ferrari. itching, euphoric, but short lived - and god damn i hate the taste of licorice. wish i could have gotten hold of the fabled 500ml bottles i've heard of, but alas.

i would buy again, the opium tincture really had me on a good nod for several hours - perhaps two bottles next time.

in sum, interesting OTC opiods, but i think ill stick to smack.

Clearly an old thread but I have to comment.
I was scripted for methadone amps in the UK between '87 and '02. If I got gear sick a 200ml bottle of gee's was enough to hold me until the next day. That was on a habit of around 50mg methadone per day.
It's the squill that makes it hard to down a whole bottle but as advice goes - get it all down in one then chuck a handful of chewy sweets in your mouth to distract from the taste. I had to do this to avoid throwing it all back up.