• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Mild xanax w/d question

OEandricearoni

Bluelighter
I started taking xanax in july to help with sleep as I was kicking bupe. I tried to keep it at lower doses and only at bedtime. (1mg or less) For the past few weeks its been .5mg or less a night. My last dose was Sat. night a .25mg(i took .25 the last 4 days)

Anyway im having withdrawals now. It hasnt been too bad, but certainly isnt fun. Ive been having stomach problems and trouble sleeping. Its weird early today i felt almost 100% but shortly after leaving work got a bad headache, which ive been getting on and off since sunday, and after I ate I felt very sick and nearly vomited.

Basically I want a general idea of how long i can expect this to last. I took pretty small doses and it was only for about 2 months. Its already been 5 days, and im tired of it.

I dont have experience with benzo WD but plenty with opiates. I was expecting it to be like H WD. Over for the most part in 4-5 days. Please bring me good news lol.

Xanax is a mean mistress I dont intend to mess with again after this is over. Big mistake.

There's really no way to tell. I recently quit Xanax after my last 18 month 3+mg daily binge with minor withdrawals for maybe two weeks. Others have withdrawals from .25mg after 1-2 months. It's highly variable based on personal chemistry and any guess would be just that - a guess. There's no way to really tell. You used for a short enough period that I'd think you'd be on the minor end of the spectrum and should expect it to end fast.

I'm sorry but Zooty's right. Benzo addiction and w/d is so damn subjective , ive known a dude who kicked a 6 bar a day habit cold turkey and just felt a little crazy... me, I tapered off a sane dose of klonz and felt like I had the fucking flu for days. Best news = you used for only a couple months, so you'll be ok, but we don't know when. Be good to your body during this time, cuz it's pissed at ya. And these symptoms come and go in waves. Fun shit, huh? Fuck benzos.

Be glad that's all you've got. It's entirely possible to be having daily panic attacks and being constantly naueous even when not eating coming off Xanax, even with such a small daily dose. The withdrawals are much worse with it than other benzos ime. The time course is unpredictable; it could take years to return to baseline though it's far more likely you'll feel fine within a week.

Thanks for he input guys its appreciated. The symptoms definitely come in waves. Its weird it seems like whenever im at work i feel mostly fine but as soon as i get home and start trying to relax my stomach will begin churning and ill get a headache and weird hot flashes where i feel like my chest is on fire.

Anyway i dont feel terrible right now its at least manageable, tho ive been geting very little sleep. Im just glad i quit it could have been much worse. Hopefully ill be back to normal within the next couple days. I think he worst of it may be over you never know but i cant imagine them lasting more than another week.