• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin morphine showing up on drug test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizzymk

Bluelighter
Ok, so I thought I was in the clear with my most recent drug test at my pain mgt doctor, I took it back on 9-2 and never heard anything from the doctors office, I thought it was all good... I went in today for my regular appointment, the physicians asst told me morphine had showed up on my drug test...I was like 'morphine? I havent taken any morphine, but I did do Heroin 2 days before this test(didnt tell him that though LOL)... Im guessing heroin shows up as morphine on a drug test....? Not sure if thats normal or not.

I didnt really try to deny it, I just told him, this is the only doctor I go to and not sure why morphine would be in my system, not sure if he believed me or not, but the methadone they prescribe me DID SHOW UP, so that is one positive, that is what they are really checking for, to make sure patients are taking their meds and not doing something else with them.

the PA said he would have to talk to the main doctor about this, and they would get back with me...Im pretty sure they are going to discharge me, but hoping I will get like a warning or something, since I have never had any problems or issues in the 10+ years ive been a patient here, no drug seeking behavior, I never heard back from them today, so ive got my fingers crossed!!!

Does anyone know why heroin would be showing up as morphine on a drug test?

Thanks!

We don't allow drug testing questions

heroin metabolises to morphine in the body...

Status
Not open for further replies.