• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone smoking fail?

oxyroxmysox

Greenlighter
Today was my first time trying to smoke oxycodone. I heard from a friend that it was doable so I figured it was worth a one time try at least. my pill was Oxycodone HCL 10mg small round and pink with an imprint NP12 (Np on one side and 12 on other).

I crushed up half and put it on a piece of tin foil and put a lighter underneath it, inhaling through a plastic tube. what ended up happening was BURNING! lots of burning. the powered pill burned black, the tinfoil burned, and the smoke I inhaled tasted like burnt charcoal and my throat BURNED! as for a high, I didn't feel anything.

Now, after doing some research on here I've learned that A.) I smoked the wrong side of the tin foil (can someone please explain to me why it has to be a particular side?) and B.) the pill is supposed to melt, not burn. so was I holding the lighter too close? there was no where I could find an explanation of what distance the lighter should be held from the tin foil.

So after my research I even attempted to try it a second time using only 1/4 of a solid (non-crushed pill). this time I used the correct side of the foil and didn't touch the lighter directly to the foil.... however, my pill still DIDN't melt, just burned, burned, burned to a black crisp!

Can someone please explain two things to me that I desperately need to know:

1.) what am I doing wrong with the smoking process?
2.) what harm or potential harm have I done to my health inhaling burnt up pill (right now my throat hurts like a bitch and I have a headache, so I am pretty worried... :( )

I feel stupid, I should have just stuck to snorting. damnit.

Just eat it. Oxycodone is one of the few common opioids you can actually eat with small losses. Why do people love to waste drugs?

Ikr, I never got the smoking Oxy thing... Snorting/Shooting I can understand why people would do it, but smoking...the high is already short and that just makes it even shorter... and your getting those 10mg IR w/ no tylenol, REALLY wouldn't bother with any other way but eating or snorting w/ those. Now, I did actually try to smoke half a 30 one time just to see...I did feel something come on quicker, and it only lasted like 30 mins. No thank you. Got pissed I just didn't snort the whole 30 cuz it was the last one.

smoking pills is lame. you get high for 5 secs? the high is so much better if you just swallow oxycodone. i dont like injecting them because i only get a little bit higher and the high isnt as long. i found plugging the oxy to be the best ROA to get the highest.

and lol how big is the 10mg one? it is probably the size of a dime. usually people smoke the roxicodone pills; 10mg is just to small of a dose to feel anything. the point of smoking is to be able to get the biggest dose, the fastest possible. it is like the red headed child of injection.

You can't smoke those pills it has to be the old formulation oxycontin timed release pills or roxicodone pills. The pills you have are quick release but have so much filler in them along with not having the same ingredients as the old OCs which means they don't puddle on the tinfoil and smoke properly. The only pills worth smoking are the old oxycontin 80s 40s or the roxicodone 30 or 60mg pills which are pretty close to the old formulation oxycontin.(oxycontin isn't around much after it was banned in many places for being too much like heroin)

But to smoke a pill the shiny side should be facing down with the pill on the dull side. Split the pill im half then into quarters put a chunk of the pill on one end of the foil then heat underneath the foil just close enough so some heat is reaching the pill you don't want to heat it up too much. Then tilt the foil side to side and chase the pill inhaling all the vapours released from the pill. With oxy it doesn't puddle quite like heroin it stays somewhat looking like a chunk of a pill still but turns golden brown and slides on the foil perfectly leaving behind black streaks on the foil where the pill has been heated. The black streaks are normal with oxycontin smoking.

But remember not many pills are suited for this the fact that oxycontin made a brand that smoked exactly like heroin blows me away to tell you the truth. Most pills these days are not made the same way so they won't smoke at all so don't waste anymore. Either snort em or to get the best bang for your buck you could eat them(believe it or not oral oxycodone has the highest bioavailability when compared to other ROAs) besides IV of course.

Last edited:
Ya, I dunno, I know it's a was but I do still want to try this(I know it's stupid and a waste) but still wanna try it and get it right, just have a feeling since I was use to shooting/now on Subs, it wouldn't do anything, even if I quit taking the subs for 3 days...Maybe. Probly for the best but a lot of Fent patches use to float around where I'm at, and it's probly for the best there not here, shooting them scared me but I sure as fuck would smoke some after skipping my sub for a day...it just get sooooo boring on these things which it what I think has landed me a smallish benzo habbit. And since we are talking about smoking things, ever here of people smoking pieces of Subs to get high train?? They do, supposedly it works(people who don't do it all the time) I couldn't imagine inhaling that orange film. blahh.

You're smoking a pill with fillers and binders that's what's wrong.... Either get pure oxy freebase or don't waste it trying to smoke it. The bioavailability is so high orally using it other roa is usually wasteful.

Everyone loves to bitch and present a whole bunch of reasons why it shouldn't work, but it does work if u do it correctly. It's very similar to smoking heroin off foil if you've ever down that like how you light it underneath and then make a trail with the pill inhaling the the resulting smoke with a tooter. I'd still prefer to snort my oxy but smoking them can be fun too.

Everyone loves to bitch and present a whole bunch of reasons why it shouldn't work, but it does work if u do it correctly. It's very similar to smoking heroin off foil if you've ever down that like how you light it underneath and then make a trail with the pill inhaling the the resulting smoke with a tooter. I'd still prefer to snort my oxy but smoking them can be fun too.

Lol I know everyone does this in Canada it's a pretty effective ROA and not as wasteful as people think if you do it correctly. But you can't smoke any pill it has to be oxycontin or roxicodone any generic brands of oxycodone won't do they have different fillers that don't burn the same. But it is amazing how pharma companies made a pill for so long that smoked EXACTLY like heroin. After the banning of oxycontin I've never come across a pill that smokes like oxy did. I knew a chick that smoked opana but she had to crush it up then make a line on the foil then burn it slowly while inhaling. It was nasty shit by oxycontin tastes so nice when smoked. Even roxicodone doesn't smoke as well but there's always heroin I suppose.

Last edited:
Hmmm, well if train says it can be very effective I might try it agian one day just for the fuck of it if it gives a 'rush'(rush in quotation because people always say it doesn't have one on here...) When I did it I think i had the V's, maybe K9's and it was half of one but I COULD NOT get that bitch to run, it was just sitting in one spot. But since shooting isn't accecpted in my circle of my real friends, might do this, smoke one snort two...

Hmmm, well if train says it can be very effective I might try it agian one day just for the fuck of it if it gives a 'rush'(rush in quotation because people always say it doesn't have one on here...) When I did it I think i had the V's, maybe K9's and it was half of one but I COULD NOT get that bitch to run, it was just sitting in one spot. But since shooting isn't accecpted in my circle of my real friends, might do this, smoke one snort two...

I honesty think you should stick to eating or snorting your Oxy, since switching up ROA's just to chase some sort of "rush" is a big warning sign. Just because shooting up isn't accepted in your circle of friends, doesn't mean you might not get bored with smoking and curious for an even more intense onset with the needle when your friends aren't around…

Smoking has an even faster onset than injection, although not as intense, and you can get strung out easily by smoking... Plenty black tar heroin addicts I've talked to smoke it and are just about as strung out as on the needle; an even bigger amount get bored with smoking and stick needles in their arms every 4-6 hours as a result.

I would say just stick to taking Oxy orally, since the oral bioavailability of Oxycodone is so high that that's the best way to get the most Oxy absorbed safely, but you're already used to snorting it. Do you really want to get used to smoking it then used to injecting it? Changing up your ROA is a slippery slope that can get ugly really quickly.

Last edited:
I did try smoking Oxys once and as most said it was a waste. Then many years ago I had a friend who came into the real China White on the west coast. He told me it cost $90 a 10th of a gram and laughed and knew I couldn't afford anything remotely like that. He says I'll let you try it ok what possibly could happen. He sets it up lights it from underneath and I follow the smoke w/ a straw.Guys I'm here to tell you ONE INHALE AND 1 EXHALE I was already nodding. This was the fastest most intense heroin high I ever had. Unbelievable and I'm not one to exaggerate this was the real deal. The stuff Jerry Garcia got into....

I 100% agree I weight 128kg about 283 pounds eat 4 to 6 oxycodone HCl 5mg and slowly moving up over 6 month and now get great buzz. Stop wasting your drugs!!!

Those pills with the 12 on one side are horrible. They are made by zydus. Really hard to crush up too. I swear there is only a little oxy in them

There are very few and only certain oxy pills you can smoke, Roxys (blues or 30's) are most common now a days. Reguardless of what everyone says, by smoking oxy you get really high really fast but it last a short amount of time. actually I think Roxys are the only ones you can straight up smoke without doing anything to the pill beforehand. swim believes smoking them is not a waste in the slightest. it's all a matter of preference, but with smoking them half the high is the ritual of smoking them off foil. swim thinks it's the best method of taking oxy.

Last edited:
Just make sure not to hold the lighter too close. If the foil is starting to char on the underside, it's too close. I keep my lighter about 2-3 inches from the foil. You'll have to wait a few seconds but it should work. That said, I have no experience smoking pills, only opium and shatter.

Not to thread jack but, can you/is there any point to smoking benzos?

The thread title is missing an equals sign.

Oxycodone smoking = fail.

Don't smoke pills unless you fancy talcosis and ARDS to go with your completely inefficiently absorbed drug.