• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Exercise on amphetamine comedown? Good idea?

Firth

Bluelighter
Would exercise on an amphetamine comedown be a good idea, (something like a 30-60 minute cycle somewhere quiet) or best avoided because of the increased heart rate, etc?

Depends on the dose. If you have palpitations it's probably not the best of ideas but the main issue is that exercise is somewhat on the bottom of the to-do list while on amphetamines so I don't see why you would exercise.

I thought that it may help tire me out and get to sleep. Maybe just a walk in the forest. I don't use massive doses and don't binge so the comedowns aren't too bad for me, I just can't sleep.

I thought that it may help tire me out and get to sleep. Maybe just a walk in the forest. I don't use massive doses and don't binge so the comedowns aren't too bad for me, I just can't sleep.

amphetamines use up the heart to sustain a brain reaction, if on comedown you also use up the heart to trigger another brain reaction, in your case being sleep...you see where this is going? Lol.

i usually think that exercise will help speed up the whole comedown process, you would think the more you sweat the more your bodys filtering out the drug. if you dont binge on amps and your main problem is not being able to sleep you could try taking it at a certain point so you know by the time you want to go to sleep you will already be mid comedown. but if you do exercise drink plennnnnnty of water as you will get dehydrated extremley easy, and keep it light, jogging around for 5mins, jumping jacks, push ups, dont do anything that would cause to much stress on your heart..

Id end up playing the guitar to keep my mind off of it. Plus the death metal I play is a bit of a work out in its self. Cant say it helps me feel better, but passes the time.

I always been very careful exercising while on meth or any other amphetamines. Mentally you feel completely fine and sharp which can hide the fact that your body is tired and in need of rest, water, or food. 30-60 minutes though should be perfectly fine I just wouldn't do anything too strenuous.

I used to dance a lot on meth & speed. Shallow breathing and tiredness can kill sometimes be careful

Exercising on amps is not a good idea. I tried exercising on meth many ways and my heart kept beating out of control. Only do it if you want a heart attack or the worst panic attack you have ever experienced.

A walk or a gentle cycle shouldn't do any harm, just don't do anything that is going to increase your heart rate, breathing or temperature too much.

lol i mean as long as you aren't doing some heavy lifting or sprinting a mile you should be fine, exercise never hurts, even if it's just a little bit of walking. as long as you're hydrating yourself and eating healthy i wouldn't worry

I'm experimenting with that. I'm in the throes of a bloody awful hellish comedown and I just got up and did a moderate 20 minute workout and its true!!! I am feeling better!! Just after that 20 minutes! Im still not feeling great, but the brain fog is fading away little by little.. and I'm getting a slight bit of relief from the nausea.
I'd advise a light workout increasing to moderate. Nothing too strenuous. I'm wanting to stop completely since it seems that my age is factoring into things. I'm 47 which isnt that old, but I've been noticing the comedown just isnt worth it and I'd stopped using for almost a year and felt great. Made the mistake of relapse.
In a side note, studies have shown that daily exercise actually significantly reduces the likelihood of relapse.
So just day one of the exercise even light exercise has already made a significant difference in my suffering. And I'm hoping no more relapses.

what's with all these threads from 2-3 years ago poppin up? something sshifty goin on

Isn't really all that shifty man, Someone was lurking through old posts and decided to comment, it's not exactly a glitch in the matrix 😆 old posts popping up like this is a fairly regular occurrence

yeah and members that joined from about 2017 with only about 10 posts........definiteley dodgy