• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is nicotine really more addictive than cocaine?

AvenaSativa

Bluelighter
I want to know what people who have had experiences with both drugs have to say. If you've had experiences with meth and heroin and would also like to compare the two I would appreciate it :) I'm trying to quit smoking and it's hell. I can't do it cold turkey I don't care what anybody says, and even with the patch I get intense cravings. A drug that doesn't even get you high shouldn't be so addictive, I can't imagine how it's worse than cocaine addiction yet I have heard people say it is, even former coke addicts.

Personally I've smoked cocaine before but I never became a full blown addict yet during crashes I felt like pawning my TV, my car, my jewelry or anything else was worth my next hit. I'd probably think the same about nicotine if it was as hard to come by as cocaine. The desire to not give myself cancer isn't even enough to get me to quit cold turkey though idk how this is legal when weed isn't.

I'M YOUNG but i feel the problem with cigarettes (not just nicotine) is the habit, it's just you're around it so fucking much. there are weeks where i'm at a party at the house of my friend and late at night i drunkenly decide that's it i quit smoking for now, and leave my pack and lighter there just to call him and go over pick it up (yup actually doing this after lunch...).

i don't get nicotine cravings and cigarettes do barely anything other than help me relax. if i go a few days without smoking the most i notice is just may be a headache, may be nothing at all. the problem is you wake up, go meet up your friends before work/school - everybody is smoking -, you take a walk at the park and meet your friends - everybody smokin -, go to a party - everybody smokin - and that's the problem... FOR ME. i guess people react differently to nicotine/cigarettes, as some get intense cravings/withdrawals and some don't

talking about cocaine, while i LOVE my cocaine (and uppers, even ritalin) i think the psychological cravings are much, much worse. there comes a point where you don't even get high/euphoria anymore, you just feel your heart pounding, get anxious and sweaty but you STILL want more... the last two weeks i was doing coke/ritalin all the time, luckily it didn't go out of control. seriously. it started with me buying a few boxes of ritalin and finding a guy who got great coke for real cheap (like 7km from where i live tho, far considering i walk to get my drugs usually)... i was staying awake over two nights and shit, doin it every day (just the odd sober between because i got too worried about my heart, gettin palpitations all the time and shit) and i only stopped when i was out of the shit... on the last days as i said i barely felt anything - the euphoria was zero -, i just got sweaty and paranoid, but i still craved it

just my 2 cents, i never been addicted heavily to coke, and i just smoke a few cigs a day (usually less than a pack)... so thats my 2 cents

Dope is way harder to quit in my opinion. Or maybe it just seems that way because smoking cigarettes seems so insignificant compared to shooting h and smoking crank. I just quit smoking cigs a few days ago and I got a bit of cravings but nothing too bad. Quitting hard drugs is another thing. You want a cigarette but you need dope.

It's just cuz its all around us I think, I smoke and do crave it, but can easily not smoke as much. If you really want to cut back on smoking start smoking Pall Malls, uck.

Wherever you go, you see smokers. Its done out in public, and there are cig sellers everywhere. Its much harder to quit mentally than physically I think.
Its much eaiser to pull yourself away from parties etc where you do cocoaine, but its not hard to pull yourself way from where smoking of cigs happen, because it happens all around you.

I have a give or take with cigs; I like the odd smoke to potentiate my pregabalin/gabapentin but I wouldn't go out and smoke when sober.