• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Just threw up a bunch of blood - No insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankplantgrower

Bluelighter
Pretty bad bender this past week or so. Could tell the first few shots this morning werent agreeing with my stomach, went to vomit and decent amount of blood. The county hospital is 15 miles or so away and I dont have a car. Also cant afford it anyway. I vomited blood once before several years ago and stopped drinking and I was okay as far as I knew.

Thoughts please I wasnt on BL back in the day.

My thoughts are even if you do not have insurance go to the hospital or at the very least go to a doctor even if it puts you in debt.

I hope this goes without saying but stop drinking to.

Yeah pretty sure Ill be seriously injured or die if I tried to drink anymore. Im wondering if its a peptic ulcer or an internal organ. I want to sleep but Im worried I might not wake up if its bad internal bleeding. Metallic burps even though brushed teeth thoroughly multiple times. Think I may have really fucked up this time.

Getting really tired and cant seem to keep my eyes open even though slept pretty solid. Getting bit uncomfortable with this situation. Will probably phone for medical attention. Not feeling too hot.

Last edited:
Post your age and your alcohol history. I would advise seeking medical attention. You can go to the ER without insurance, just don't pay the bill. Better to be in debt than to die or become seriously ill.

Age 27, almost 10 year alcoholic, prone to frequent binges. 5th daily recently of cheap vodka on this last run, probably closer to a liter a day this weekend, (up from a pint to a 5th daily, varies). Hoping to kick it for good this time. Already have 6k in medical bills from other shit. Really tired for some reason. I feel incredibly shitty.

Last edited:
Hi dank-

You're in a very bad way. You've got to start at least trying to eat while you drink, or drink a glass of water with every drink. Dilute the poison. Then, hopefully you can afford to get some Prilosec. It is NOT a quick fix, but works on the molecular level and will help clear up some of the ulcers. I'm afraid it won't cure them, you're way past that. But the way it works is you take ONE once a day. Never miss a day and don't waist them by taking more. They aren't an antacid. One, every day. It'll take a couple of weeks to feel better, so be patient.

But then you'll be in line to drink more if you feel better. So you've got to see a doctor. Get yourself to the hospital, and tell them you are indigent. You'll need to fill out a lot of paperwork that want you to prove it, so think about that. If you're renting a two thousand dollar house, that won't look good on the paperwork. But they are bound as doctors to treat you, money or not. If you can not declare indigentcy, you can pay them five dollars a month if you have to. If you have any credit, paying them, even a small amount won't screw with your credit.

You sound resigned to letting the alcohol win. That's very sad. There is so much that goes with the business of alcoholism, you need much more than Prilosec. You need to think about AA. People will give you a ride if you don't have a car. What you need most right now is to talk about the things that are making you drink, and have supportive people there so you're not alone trying to fight this monster. Please give it a try. It's free and they will accept you no matter how bad you are. They've all been there. Please think about it.

I wish you the best. You're up against a huge battle, but with people there to help you, you can win.

Please keep me posted. Let me know what you do today. And tomorrow, even if it's just drinking a glass of water. I'll be watching for your post.

Thanks for the supportive message I will keep you posted. Last time I vomited blood I sobered up off the booze for nearly 2 years which is incredible for me. Did hydrate a little bit and Im feeling a touch better. Feeling like I dodged a helluva bullet if Im okay after this one. I just might look into reattending meetings, Ive been to many an AA meeting over te years during the times I was actively on the wagon. I currently do take something which I believe is comparable to Prilosec (I take ranitidine) but I believe its something like a 2 week treatment Ive stretched for over a year... Once I eliminate the booze though I wont need it anymore hopefully. Please advise me if I am mistaken on this medication though, thank yiu.

Last edited:
That's great! So you know how they can help. But you still need to get to the root of the problem, if you can face it. You're way to young to let this get you.

I just gave another person a big speech about exercise. Even if it's just parking farther from the store and walking fast when you walk, it's GOING to make your mind feel better in a few days, if you do it regularly. Just try to get your heart going hard at least once a day. After a while you won't crave alcohol right afterwards for a couple of hours. Then your mind will start winning.

Let me know know how you do. I'm still green so I can't get pms yet, but we'll connect one way or the other. Good work!

Thankfully at my job I exercise for about 8 hours straight ;) I just forgot I had a bunch of vodka in this cup I had been gargling like mouthwash earlier (toothpaste and a bit of water) and accidentally took like half a shot. My stomach isnt having it. Ugh this shit is pathetic. Weed only from now on and not a lot of that either ..

Ive gone a couple hours without more vomit do you think Im out of imminent danger (so to speak). I really feel like I need a little nap.

Last edited:
Fortunately pot doesn't kill you. Just keep remembering how it felt to throw up blood as soon as you want a drink. Don't forget. Let me know if you falter and I'll shore you up.

I'm in Drug Discussions now about an experiment with heroin. But you can read my intro first. It's kind of odd.

Hang in there.

See a doctor, end of discussion.

Vomiting blood is serious.... do you want a medical bill, or possible death?

Status
Not open for further replies.