• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine limits

tunesey

Bluelighter
just a quick question for those out there more knowledgeable when it comes to opiates.

Can you OD on codeine and what is the maximum I could safely take.

I am male weigh 16 stone and tolerant to codeine I have been taking it now for about a year and at first 300 mg used to get me very high now that amount wont do anything I can take double that as tolerance has crept in. Another question is how long would I need to lay off it to get tolerant levels back to normal.

I take codeine for joint pain and it seems to manage my pain quite well the problem I have is I also enjoy its effects. I would like to thank those that give me answers in advance peace and love. Tunesey:)

at times i have escalated from 300mg like you, to upwards of 1.1 g a day . dosing usually 500mg then 500mg again or there abouts. it all depends on your histamine response and individual ceiling that mediates where your maximum recreational dose should lie.

For me, i dont experience a major histamine reaction to even super high doses, but you must find out yourself, as well as your ceiling dose. For me its absurdly high compared to reputable sources.

When I used codeine, I used 800mg at once at most, but it's not like 800mg is going to feel twice as strong as 400mg. The highest dose worth taking at once was 600mg at most. I didn't feel a big difference between 600mg and 800mg. And I found out that I needed at least a 12-hour break between doses for the next dose to work properly, but still the second dose wasn't as strong. I'm talking about i.m. doses though.

As for your tolerance, well, once it settles in, you can make breaks, but then as soon as you start taking it again, it quickly rises back to previous levels. But honestly, I didn't find tolerance to codeine growing as quickly as with morphine or heroin. I could take 450mg twice a day for a relatively long time and it wasn't as weak as most people say, however eventually it becomes a bloody expensive addiction for the effects you get.

If 300mg of codeine doesn't do much for you, you're almost at the "ceiling" of where it stops being effective and starts having nothing but side effects. You can try increasing the dose but don't expect it to get you much higher.

Everyone's system seems to manage differently...600mg is above the ceiling, supposedly, but it works better than 400mg (for me.) The L.D. 50 is 800mg, but with a tolerance, you'll be right

Be very careful, especially with opiates like codeine which need to processed in the liver to turn into morphine. You'd become surprised how fast the transition from the lean to the needle. Does't it make you nauseous too?