• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut Three Days A Week? Help With Dosing Schedule

yteek

Bluelighter
Well, I've found that phenibut is not only a dream substance that basically cures the symptoms of my neurological disorder (dystonia) and anxiety but it also makes you feel pretty damn good as well.

With that being said, I want to use responsibly in hopes of keeping my use at bay, avoiding negative side effects including dependence and tolerance. It amazes me that this has worked better then any pharmaceutical I've ever tried and knowing this can be a double edged sword, I want to use responsibly as I know I can be happy with the spare use of this substance alone, seeing the potential it has to drastically improve my life. I much rather rely on medicating with this crutch, then just letting life pass me by...trust me I have exhausted my options.

First week I used it three days spread about the week, no issue. Next weekend I decided to use it twice, but the night I did use it, decided to mix with alcohol, and the Saturday I intended to use it was overshadowed by a hangover so I decided to hold off.

My ideal, scenario would maybe be two weeks day, Monday and Wednesday and perhaps also maybe a Friday or a Saturday. Reason behind this is, I can build upon my weekdays in school and thrive socially and then take those gains into the weekend.

What are yall's thoughts?

Well there is only one way to find out how your body will react to a 3-4 times a week phenibut use. I can give you my experience though.

When I first started taking it I was doing a once a week schedule with no problems. Went up to one day on, two days off. Besides the thought "it would be nice to dose today too" I didn't have any WD symptoms doing that.

Did the one day on -two days off for 2-3 weeks or so, then I would occasionally dose two days in a row. That is when the insomnia hit me. I would get maybe 2-3 hours a night. Kept on dosing anyway and got to daily use. Tolerance quickly increased but I was still getting a nice high out of phenibut. But I feel like phenibut messed with my REM sleep. I could sleep for 8+ hours, but I never got that deep sleep feeling and I experienced some very weird,vivid dreams during this time.

The scariest thing that happened to me was when I tried tapering. I experienced "brain zaps" which I have never had before. Staring at a computer screen I remember one of these hit me and my vision almost shook, felt like I was losing consciousness for a second which kind of jolted me up to walk around. Heart racing I had no idea wtf was going on, mind you I felt COMPLETELY fine 30 seconds prior. Never had anxiety waves like that last all night.

I think you can handle yourself with twice a week. What you need to find out is how your body would prefer those two doses. Consecutive days? or a monday and then a friday dose? I had shit luck dosing on consecutive days but that is because I had already built up a tolerance.

But I'm glad you found something that works for you and that you notice that having a drug work so well can be very dangerous. Since getting off of it, I have taken it a few times and I never get that magic euphoria I used to get. Hmmm perhaps a blessing though.

Hey there, I also have dystonia, spasmodic torticollis to be exact. I was using Phenibut in 2012 and 2013 and while I wouldn't call it a dream substance, I would agree that it helps with the symptoms. However, in my experience, it can be very difficult to use responsibly and the withdrawals are not at all worth it. Some people are able to use it like the way you described, but the fact that you've already identified it can make you feel good as well as abate your neurological symptoms is something to consider. Please be careful if you do decide to use it like that, I'm sure you've read horror stories about the dependence and addiction issues from others.

I get Botulinum toxin injections for dystonia every three months or so and this helps a bit, but the symptoms are still noticeable at certain times. I've tried many different drugs, pharmaceutical and recreational, to make the tremors/spasms stop, and I can't say I've ever found one that works well enough that can be used in a sustainable fashion; they all seem to have some sort of downside, unfortunately. Dissociatives and alcohol worked the best for me in the short-term, but those have obvious side effects when used on a long-term basis.

As far as pharmaceuticals go, I'm currently prescribed Benzatropine (an anticholinergic) and it works pretty well, but makes my whole body incredibly dry. Have you tried Baclofen? I've never had it, but it's supposed to be relatively similar to Phenibut and my neurologist was willing to write a prescription if I wanted to try it out. It might be something to look into if you haven't had it before. I know how frustrating it can be feeling like you've exhausted all the different drugs out there, but it took me a while to accept that recreational drugs are not the best solution (for me, at least).