• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs A few 4-FA questions

phatass

Bluelighter
Hi,
I have a few questions about 4-FA, here goes:

IS 4-FA a serotonin releaser or rather an agonist/antagonist? (I'm on an SSRI and was wondering if i was getting the serotoninergic effects)

How long does it take for ones dopamine levels to get back to normal after say 2 doses during the evening of 150mg of 4-FA?

In laymens terms, what is 4-FA's "rapport" with dopamine, and does it act on any other neurotransmitters or "things"?

And what is it's half life?

thanks

It is a serotonin and dopamine releaser and reuptake inhibitor. Combining this with an SSRI is thus bad news.
From wikipedia, here's a list of releasing agents of serotonin, dopamin and norepinephrine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Releasing_agent

It does release dopamine, even more so than 'normal' amphetamine. How long it takes for your dopamine to recover is impossible to say AFAIK.

^^ Thanks for the link, will give it a look at....

but considering 4-FA acts far more on dopamine than serotonin, it's not that badly effected, just i will get little to none of the seroninergic effects. I enjoy 4-FA a lot, and don't think SSRI's have much impact on dopaminergic drugs like ie. 4-FA, cocaine... (i guess it also depends on your SSRI (Zoloft in my case).

Also i noticed little to no difference on the effects from when i tried it years ago and was not on an SSRI, and now, when i am (maybe i'm taking slightly higher doses now?...)

edit: Interestingly i found on erowid a person who was on Zoloft and tried 4-FA and very much enjoyed it (euphoria, stimulation etc.) but there was also a report of a person who was on paroxetine and got quasi no effects from 4-FA...)

Last edited: