• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Pods Tea with fresh Pods?

slimshady793

Bluelighter
Does anybody know if its possible to make a tea with fresh pods or do they have to be dried?

Fuck no - it's absolutely possible!
Fresh pods are fine. I used to grind em up with a blender (or similar) and add some fresh lemon juice or something for taste, and make a cold tea (or "soup") and wash down the ground pods for maximum absorption of the alkaloids.

Fresh pods used to be my absolute favourite, before I stopped using opiates.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help! I only have experience with codeine and tramadol, so poppys are the first stronger ones I try. Do you have any advice how to take them for the first time? I was planning on taking 2 small pods for the first time. Should I take the seeds out or should I do it with them?

Start small. Two pods sounds like a good start, unless they're really big tennis-ball size fuckers!

You can always redose - but take too much and you'll likely be very sick for 24hr+
Pod tea lasts for a long time, and also can take ages to feel the effects - so is definitely advise waiting at least 2 or 3 hours before considering redosing.
It can really kick your arse if you over-do it...but the effects can be quite subtle at first also, so just take it slow is my advice.

If you can take the seeds out, that's good - but it shouldn't matter if you can't - they're very hard to remove from fresh pods in my experience.
Just don't go in dosing too high, be wary of using too often (high addiction potential) - and enjoy!
If you feel nauseous, lie down; CEVs (or some sort of semi lucid dreams) can be quite pleasant.
Pods used to be my favourite opiate, incidentally - they're powerful medicine :)

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I will start small, I am more afraid of an overdose than a dissapointing experience ;)

I have many different sized ones, the biggest are probably half or maybe 3/4 the size of an golfball, the smallest the size of a cherry. Should I take 2 of the small ones or two of the bigger ones at first? I dont know if the small ones are enough to feel anything, but I dont know how strong an experience with 2 of the biggest would be.

I was thinking about crushing them and doing them in hot water for 15 minutes and then remove the pods from the tea. Would that be okay or do I have to add lemon juice?

I mainly used lemon juice for taste. Pod tea is bitter.
Some people seem to suggest it for a better extraction, but I just liked the taste, and it became the way I prepared pod tea.

I always added blended pods (they're quite soft when they're fresh) in cold water - it saves screwing around with the time consuming (and possibly wasteful) method of steeping the pods in hot water.
I was more of a "grind it up and wash it down" kinda guy.
Maybe it'd be just as easy to make tea and re-steep the pod material (at least once)...but I tried a few methods and settled on drinking it cold - the opiate alkaloids you are after are pretty water soluble, so heat doesn't improve the yields or whatever.
Prepare it however it feels right.
But i will just say - if you have major struggles drinking poppy tea because of the taste - you're doing it wrong IMO

But your method above should be fine, especially if you don't have a huge tolerance.

If you've got access to fresh poppies and are worried about potential overdose, I'd collect the latex and smoke/vape it instead of making a brew, at least to get an initial feel for it. Smoking opium isn't so efficient (there's a fair amount of goodies left inside the pod) but dosing is far easier, and you could always use your used pods to make a brew at a later date. If you're a nicotine fiend like me the easiest method is to score the pods and wipe the latex on a rizla immediately (I'd usually use two or more pods per paper) let it dry, and then use it to roll a rollie/spliff.