• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Oxazepam

hh95

Bluelighter
Hey guys Today I was prescribed Oxazepam 30mg tablets. I got my script and got home and had 3 x 30mg tablets and about 20 - 30 mins later I come up and had some euphoria and a sense of well being. Now I have been reading around and found mixed info on its recreational value. I have had Temazepam and Valium before but I have never "got off" on either of those. However Oxazepam seemed to be very pleasant. Anyways obviously 90mg is quiet a high dose so about 2 hours after having them I fell asleep. Now I just crushed up and parachuted another 75mg and am yet too feel anything. Has anyone else ever had much recreational effects from Oxazepam? And what would you guys recommend as a good starting dose avoiding sedation? Thanks guys :)

Oxazepam us very slow acting, so be careful, it can take over 3 hours to feel the full effects.

It's not very potent, but, without a tolerance, you're going to get drowsy at any "recreational" dose.

If you really want to stay awake, you can consume a decent dose of caffeine afterwards.(not a huge amount, but maybe 100mg, like a strong cup of coffee.)

Dose I can't really say for a non-tolerant person, I think 60-90mg you've been taking is a good start ;)

Oh, and be careful, I would highly advise not mixing it with any downers, since you have no tolerance.

Also, I believe 20mg ox=10mg Diaz, I'll have to check.

(BTW, I would suggest trying the recommended dose of 30-45mg, if you want anxyiolytic effects without drowsiness.

Oxazepam is great for anxiety issues, slow acting, relatively lond duration of action and you're tolerance develops far slower than with diazepam or nitrazepam for example, but i found it to have very little rec. value, or only at very high doses. The first time you took it, you took a high dose, hence the relaxation, but oxazepam is a good benzo for anxiety, not for recreation in my books (ie. not much muscle relaxation, or hypnotic properties.... very ... erm... anxiolytic)

Lorne, yes 20mg oxazepam is equipotent to 10mg diazepam, and i agree that 30mg with no tolerance is plenty for anxiety issues.

I definitely found Oxazepam to be helpful during a time I was detoxing from heroin. I think I used 15mg 2-3 times a day. Never had a chance to go for what people would call a "recreational" dose however.

Can't say it would have been my first choice, but I liked it more than lorazepam. I also found Chlordiazepoxide to be a pleasant benzo.

I absolutely LOVE Oxazepam, one of my favorite benzos by far. The only one that has actually given me ANY euphoria. Although my tolerance is skyhigh, and it takes 400+mg for ME to get those effects, it is nice, very nice. It gives an opiate like euphoria (for me, atleast) and I've been on subs for over a year. (NOTE: Don't dose this high! 20mg Alprazolam taken at once doesn't faze me, aside ridding anxiety)

Here in Finland this is the most used benzo other are too rare and it sucks that there are good medicine but they dont use them

wow hello trapped

I have found oxazepam feeling somewhat natural with no "edge". Knocks me off good.