• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl use DURING opiate withdrawal

Stickreid

Bluelighter
Hello gentlemen and gentlewomen.
It's a pleasure to be with you this fine morning :)

I have been in very very mild opiate withdrawal (no sleep for days. Muscle cramps. Restless legs...) But its been pretty bearable albiet one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life.

I now by accident have come into contact with a substantial amount of fentanyl citrate liquid and have used via IV twice. each dose of fent was spread out 5 hours apart, and I was able to eat and sleep for the first time in 3 days. I would like to know how these two IV doses will negatively affect my overall withdrawal syndrome. Here is my history of opiate use and abuse.

I am coming off a 3-5 bag/day IV heroin habit and did a quick taper on methadone in a detox center for a week before jump off.
I have been using heroin for a month before and after quitting my suboxone taper plan which i was on for 8 months. (In total I've been addicted to opiates for about 10 months now).

Here is the list of my dosages.
Day 1: 20mg methadone
Day 2: 20mg methadone
Day 3: 15mg methadone
Day 4: 10mg methadone
Day 5: 5mg methadone then JUMP OFF
Day 6: minimal withdrawal
day 7: worse withdrawal, can't sleep, sore body.(no puke or shits and I don't feel half bad)

Day 8: no sleep since day 6. Getting pretty delirious. Can barley eat anything. Attempt to knock myself out with 6grams of GHB. five grams is usually my knockout dose for 3-4 hours but my withdrawals prevented me from sleep and I ended up lying in bed for three hours feeling like shit(high doses of GHB are not fun if you don't pass out. Think of the feeling of drinking too much alcohol but your not quite at the point where you can puke, your world is just spinny. And nauseous)

Day 9, 9am: still no sleep. Kratom is keeping me feeling good and able to walk around and get errands done with no problems.
Day 9, 3pm: first IV dose of 50-100mcg of IV fentanyl. Getting sleepy and maybe a 5 minute nod but i still cant sleep or eat.
Day 9, 8pm: second dose of 100-150mcg IV fentanyl. I felt so good I ate an entire chicken and then fell asleep for eight hours.

Day 10: 4am I just woke up from my eight hour rest feeling pretty damn refreshed but this withdrawal is still here (still very mild and tolerable.) But no muscle aches and hungry for once!! Can lie down comfortably and watch TV whereas pre-fent dosages I'd be pacing back and fourth unable to sit still for 5 minutes.

My question for you guys is.. How will these two doses of fentanyl affect my withdrawal?
Will another 100-150mcg IV dose in order to put me back to sleep so I can recuperate a little bit more be a bad idea? Will this make me withdrawal even more in the long run.
How will these 2(or possibly 3) doses of fentanyl spread out apart like this affect me in the long run? I just want to feel WELL rested so I can ride out these withdrawals in a more comfortable manner.

Thanks in advance guys, I will continue to update this thread over the next few days for your moral support and for those whom may be interested on this subject.

EDIT #1: I realized i diluted the liquid with 2x as much water to make IV dosage safer.
fixed the amount of fentanyl that i took instead of 300-400ug it was 150-200ug of fent IV.

EDIT #2: forgot to note dealing with Fentanyl Citrate... NOT Fendantyl hcl. added in the 'citrate' above so you can better know what i'm dealing with.
(for those of you that didnt know, fentanyl citrate is still SUPER potent. it is only 70% as strong as fentanyl hcl though. This means that a 100mcg dose of fentanyl hcl is equivalent to a 70mcg dose of fentanyl citrate)

Last edited:
Honestly, I find your question extremely ironic considering just an hour ago you were flaming a respected member on this board in the WD megathread (who actually sincerely is trying to help several people on this board through their wd and tapering) for suggesting that using heroin on the 3rd day of H withdrawals will set that person back and you insisted that this is "completely and utterly false" and can in fact help their wd. Yet here you are asking about how using fentanyl on your 4th day of methadone withdrawal is going effect your wd. And yeah, I'd probably sleep and eat well too after IV'ing fent while going through wd...not to mention kratom is a u-opioid agonist, albeit unlikely to put any dent in methadone.

In my opinion, you started using fentanyl before or right around the time that the real wd symptoms from methadone presented themselves as methadone has a very long half-life...granted you were only on it for 5 days and tapering, still in wd and then IV'd a super potent short-acting opioid, which alleviated your wd, of course it will.

So my opinion is that you have likely set yourself back with the fent usage, which also completely contradicted the primary purpose of the methadone taper.

But only you will know how you feel when all is said and done.

Kratom? Fentanyl???? Dude lots people dropping dead from iv'ing that shit bro. Why r u doing this to yourself? It doesn't really seem like you that serious about quitting. I'm not judging u man I'm just sayin... I'm still using so in in a worse boat but if your really serious why take full on get high type shit? I know fent doesn't really fuck u up(euphoria) but dude it is some strong shit. You set yourself waaaay back IMHO. You would've been better off just taking Percs I think, not that I'm recommending that but fuck dude. I haven't tried the kratom yet but I'm pretty sure it's just like regular opiates, especially if your trying to detox. I think your gonna have to start all over now pretty much. Dude why bother even saying your getting clean then taking more shit? The only one who's gonna pay for it is u, I just don't get it... Well dude I really hope your way works for you and I really do wish u the best man, good luck and god bless...

Honestly, I find your question extremely ironic considering just an hour ago you were flaming a respected member on this board in the WD megathread (who actually sincerely is trying to help several people on this board through their wd and tapering) for suggesting that using heroin on the 3rd day of H withdrawals will set that person back and you insisted that this is "completely and utterly false" and can in fact help their wd. Yet here you are asking about how using fentanyl on your 4th day of methadone withdrawal is going effect your wd. And yeah, I'd probably sleep and eat well too after IV'ing fent while going through wd...not to mention kratom is a u-opioid agonist, albeit unlikely to put any dent in methadone.

In my opinion, you started using fentanyl before or right around the time that the real wd symptoms from methadone presented themselves as methadone has a very long half-life...granted you were only on it for 5 days and tapering, still in wd and then IV'd a super potent short-acting opioid, which alleviated your wd, of course it will.

So my opinion is that you have likely set yourself back with the fent usage, which also completely contradicted the primary purpose of the methadone taper.

But only you will know how you feel when all is said and done.

Honestly, I find it funny that you started a flame war because you believed that i did is pretty ironic.
I never flamed anyone. I simply stated that he should not act as if his friends experience was 'fact'

i understand if hes trying to help people but giving them misinformation could have set the guy in the other thread back.
If he gets told that his withdrawal is going to be worse it might have scared him into using even more.
he might not have wanted to go through those three days again, so he shoots up 2 more bags and then 2 more..... etc..

My question is pretty different then what was said in the other thread.
go reread it. and read my comment if you were unclear what i was speaking about, which it seems you really are.

thanks for your opinion, and your right only I will know how i feel... I would just like to hear some other peoples opinions.

Getting high on such a potent but SHORT LIVED opiate will definently set me back a few days but i never got fully addicted to that substance.
Methadone being a mu receptor agonist, and fentanyl being a mu receptor agonist as well will definitely set me back, but i'm wondering by how much.

I was hoping someone like this respected member of the community to post on my thread if he has history.
I believe i am still mainly withdrawing from the suboxone i was taking 8 months and a little heroin withdrawal. not much methadone withdrawal.
I want someone with history similar to mine will be able to help me get an idea of how things are going to turn out so i can have SOME SORT of idea to expect and prepare.

thanks for your advice numb :) sorry about the misunderstanding

Last edited:
Kratom? Fentanyl???? Dude lots people dropping dead from iv'ing that shit bro. Why r u doing this to yourself? It doesn't really seem like you that serious about quitting. I'm not judging u man I'm just sayin... I'm still using so in in a worse boat but if your really serious why take full on get high type shit? I know fent doesn't really fuck u up(euphoria) but dude it is some strong shit. You set yourself waaaay back IMHO. You would've been better off just taking Percs I think, not that I'm recommending that but fuck dude. I haven't tried the kratom yet but I'm pretty sure it's just like regular opiates, especially if your trying to detox. I think your gonna have to start all over now pretty much. Dude why bother even saying your getting clean then taking more shit? The only one who's gonna pay for it is u, I just don't get it... Well dude I really hope your way works for you and I really do wish u the best man, good luck and god bless...

IVing fentanyl is pretty safe in measured doses. read my previous post and you might understand why I disagree with you.
also I am just trying to help myself feel better and its working so far.. no more bad withdrawals. fentanyl with such a short half life, i should be hurting right now.

I'm feeling better than before but still a little withdrawal.
we will see how it works :) I am not clean yet until my withdrawal goes away :) - lets put it that way.

Thanks for hoping for me! I hope it works as well!
Oh and I did not re-use a third time. I'm enjoying being awake right now.

Cool man , I'm glad that your not full blown sick anymore bro. I didn't mean to be seem harsh, that wasn't my intention but rereading my post it looks like that's how I can across. I've done the same thing(albeit with Percs, not fent) and it did help but I always went back to dosing on the reg. I'm a different case entirely though. I'm at peace with my usage now so fuck it, it is what it is. The fent is shit for euphoria, so u probably won't jones for that feeling(I would, but maybe not lol). Anyway I just wanted to wish u the best and apoligize for the wording of my post. I just woke up and in a shit mode so my fault bro. Take it easy man and be safe brother...

lol what are you talking about your withdrawing from the suboxone and herione but not the fent and methadone it doesn't work like that man opiate withdrawl is Opiate withdrawl there isn't diff kinds for diff drugs they all act on the same receptors so yes you set yourself back a ways I'll say it again you don't get addicted to methadone fent herione or subs you get addicted to OPIATES all of those drugs will take you out of withdrawl and set I back the same

Using 2 or 3 times isn't a huge setback, but opiate withdrawal isn't a static thing that with clear definitions beyond "you feel like shit because of your opiate cessation". Fentanyl is extraordinarily potent, as I'm sure you know, it's powerful to the extreme - you were sick and you administered multiple doses of a systemic narcotic IV, that's why you feel alright past the bounds of it's half-life. That and the fact you say you're using Kratom - you aren't kicking if you're on Kratom, bro, I know people who have no experience with heavier duty opiates who have chronic Kratom addictions and experience withdrawal symptoms just from that.

The only good thing about fentanyl as compared to methadone is that due to it's short half life, the acute withdrawal syndrome will peak much sooner and begin dissipating - not after a few uses though. Yes you will set yourself back if you keep using, no probably not if you just do it once or twice - but WHO THE FUCK ONLY USES 'JUST ONCE OR TWICE' when they have access to substantial amounts of potent pharmaceutical grade narcotics?

Using 2 or 3 times isn't a huge setback, but opiate withdrawal isn't a static thing that with clear definitions beyond "you feel like shit because of your opiate cessation". Fentanyl is extraordinarily potent, as I'm sure you know, it's powerful to the extreme - you were sick and you administered multiple doses of a systemic narcotic IV, that's why you feel alright past the bounds of it's half-life. That and the fact you say you're using Kratom - you aren't kicking if you're on Kratom, bro, I know people who have no experience with heavier duty opiates who have chronic Kratom addictions and experience withdrawal symptoms just from that.

The only good thing about fentanyl as compared to methadone is that due to it's short half life, the acute withdrawal syndrome will peak much sooner and begin dissipating - not after a few uses though. Yes you will set yourself back if you keep using, no probably not if you just do it once or twice - but WHO THE FUCK ONLY USES 'JUST ONCE OR TWICE' when they have access to substantial amounts of potent pharmaceutical grade narcotics?

I'm not taking kratom anymore, but it'll be there for me when i need it.
I felt COMPLETLEY FINE after my two doses but i still felt like i hadnt slept in days..

about eight hours ago (a few hours after i last posted)
i put ~1mg of fent on a band-aid and put that on my shoulder. about two hours later i fell asleep and just woke up now.
I feel amazing, not high, not sick, still a bit sleep deprived.

will report back to see if that self-made patch will affect my withdrawal in any way whatsoever.
very suprised that the band-aid patch even worked to get through my skin at all..
maybe it didnt and i'm just finally feeling better! (minus slight depression and anxiety)

Last edited:
In my experience using during withdrawal goes like this: Using once sets you back a day, twice sets you back two days, and anything more than that basically puts you back at square one. I have heard that using a little on day 5 so you can sleep might not set you back much so it can be worth it if you really haven't been able to sleep due to the withdrawals.

IVing fentanyl is pretty safe in measured doses. read my previous post and you might understand why I disagree with you.
also I am just trying to help myself feel better and its working so far.. no more bad withdrawals. fentanyl with such a short half life, i should be hurting right now.

I'm feeling better than before but still a little withdrawal.
we will see how it works :) I am not clean yet until my withdrawal goes away :) - lets put it that way.

Thanks for hoping for me! I hope it works as well!
Oh and I did not re-use a third time. I'm enjoying being awake right now.

It is hard to measure out doses of fentanyl depending on what form it's in, and since it's so potent it is in fact very dangerous to IV unless you can measure it very carefully or have it in a form where it's already measured out in a dose that your tolerance can handle.

lol what are you talking about your withdrawing from the suboxone and herione but not the fent and methadone it doesn't work like that man opiate withdrawl is Opiate withdrawl there isn't diff kinds for diff drugs they all act on the same receptors so yes you set yourself back a ways I'll say it again you don't get addicted to methadone fent herione or subs you get addicted to OPIATES all of those drugs will take you out of withdrawl and set I back the same

Well the duration and intensity of withdrawals will depend on the particular opiate / opioid you are withdrawing from.

You need to use a particular opiate for 5 days or so in order to experience withdrawal symptoms associated with that drug which is why in detox you get methadone or suboxone for 4-5 days so that you get the milder withdrawals from that drug as opposed to more intense but shorter withdrawals from drugs like oxycodone or heroin. That's not to say that methadone or suboxone withdrawals aren't intense along with being longer, it just depends on if you tapered or not.

Stick, look, I am withdrawing right now (30-50mg of oxy a day + 300mg of codeine a day). It is not nice, but I am extremely experienced in doing this, I have successfully withdrawn more than 10+ times. TommyBoy's post is basically dead on right.

In my experience, and from what I read on you schedule seems about right. Day one of having nothing WD starts, on day two of nothing it is at its worst peak. I am on 48 hours, so right now one second I a hot like it is 100degrees, then in about 2seconds I am FREEZING and shaking...not fun. Plus I can really read properly, so forgive my fucked up post.

IF you use after 48hours in, it will set you back about a day, but that day WONT BE AS INTENSE as day two with no use. From then on, if you use again, it will set you back further and further until after two days in row of hard use, back at day one.

If you do not use anymore Opiates from now, I am willing to bet in 3 days you WD will be over. Day 4 you will be good to go. Grab some Phenibut long with Valium or other benzos and use them on your worst days and it will be over in about 72hours plus and wont be intense. If you keep on chipping away, it will return back to a hard intensity and you will be back to square god damned one.

Stick, look, I am withdrawing right now (30-50mg of oxy a day + 300mg of codeine a day). It is not nice, but I am extremely experienced in doing this, I have successfully withdrawn more than 10+ times. TommyBoy's post is basically dead on right.

In my experience, and from what I read on you schedule seems about right. Day one of having nothing WD starts, on day two of nothing it is at its worst peak. I am on 48 hours, so right now one second I a hot like it is 100degrees, then in about 2seconds I am FREEZING and shaking...not fun. Plus I can really read properly, so forgive my fucked up post.

IF you use after 48hours in, it will set you back about a day, but that day WONT BE AS INTENSE as day two with no use. From then on, if you use again, it will set you back further and further until after two days in row of hard use, back at day one.

If you do not use anymore Opiates from now, I am willing to bet in 3 days you WD will be over. Day 4 you will be good to go. Grab some Phenibut long with Valium or other benzos and use them on your worst days and it will be over in about 72hours plus and wont be intense. If you keep on chipping away, it will return back to a hard intensity and you will be back to square god damned one.

will take your advice, thanks :) dosed fent one more time to sleep.. lets see if it sets my WD back to the beginning. I wouldn't mind because like i said it was mild withdrawal.
it really doesnt feel bad at all yet, i actually feel normal with mild withdrawals. the way i did before the fent all started.

See that's the thing. I have also detoxed countless times (too many to count) and many of them were me forcing myself (not due to lack of meds or money). I have tried numerous methods such as dosing on day 3 or 4 or 5 and it without a doubt sets you back, period. There could be variance between individuals as to the severity.

What I CAN say without a doubt is that everytime I have dosed during wd on day 3 or 4 or whatever, it without a doubt set my psychological wd back to square one, meaning that even though I may not feel as bad as day 2, my cravings were worse after dosing on day 3 then they were prior to that dosing. Because you've flooded your receptors again and your mind tricks you into thinking you're not too bad off and you crave more after the taste and want more (not to mention ending the physical symptoms) and then you dose again and the cycle continues. And in my opinion it really comes down to mind tricks once you turn a corner during wd.

Also, your wd could have felt mild because you were on methadone for what a week straight? So you would not begin to feel the worst of that until like day 3 or 4 due to its long half-life.

It's a good thing you're kicking now, you are doing the right thing, because imagine the absolute hell that would be in store for you after a binge on fent if you have enough to just be playing around with it. Everything comes to an end, every run, every stash, every stack of cash has a bottom, it's just a matter of how deep the hole you are standing in is when it happens, so good call not just saying fuck it and playing with fire with a fentanyl addiction. You're already measuring doses of fentanyl out in milligrams instead of micrograms and not getting sick, so shit dude, good timing to stop using.