• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom + Oxycodone for pain management

lifterpuller

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

I've been dealing with chronic, undiagnosed back pain for the past 14 months. The pain level ranges but can be REALLY bad at time, I've been on prescription pain killers for the past 10 months or so. I have been on oxycodone and/or morphine for the past 6 months. My dr has me on 15mg per day oxycodone (5mg 3x per day) and won't give me any more even though my tolerance has gone so high that this doesn't do much for me anymore in terms of reducing my pain. I was wondering if I could take kratom (I have never used it before) with or on alternate days with my oxycodone to help with pain management because right now I'm living in unbearable levels of pain... recently had to quit my job :/.

Appreciate any opinions on either using these two compounds together or just using kratom in general for pain management. Thanks.

Funny you mention this. I'm a daily Kratom user. 4-5 grams 3 times per day. Today I took 30mg of Oxy with my kratom for the first time (usually switch between oxy and kratom on alternating days.), and it significantly increased analgesia, however absolutely no sedation, and am still able to function great. Try adding 3 grams of a Bali or Red Thai strain to start, as they have the best painkilling affects. I usually have some pretty bad shoulder pains, along with anxiety, and this combo really took the edge off. Just don't use it ever day, as Kratom is a very potent MU-Agonist, and will raise your tolerance to opiates significantly. Even without using extract.

Funny you mention this. I'm a daily Kratom user. 4-5 grams 3 times per day. Today I took 30mg of Oxy with my kratom for the first time (usually switch between oxy and kratom on alternating days.), and it significantly increased analgesia, however absolutely no sedation, and am still able to function great. Try adding 3 grams of a Bali or Red Thai strain to start, as they have the best painkilling affects. I usually have some pretty bad shoulder pains, along with anxiety, and this combo really took the edge off. Just don't use it ever day, as Kratom is a very potent MU-Agonist, and will raise your tolerance to opiates significantly. Even without using extract.

That sounds Perfect! I just want to feel normal and be able to function! I actually ordered some Red Thai yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing if it will help with my pain. Thanks for the response!

That sounds Perfect! I just want to feel normal and be able to function! I actually ordered some Red Thai yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing if it will help with my pain. Thanks for the response!

No Problem! I also feel I should mention that you should not try to redose on Kratom. If the first dose you take isn't strong enough, wait about 4-5 hours before redosing. Kratom has opiate antagonists, NMDA antagonists, and kappa opioid action going on in the background. I find if I redose any sooner than 3.5 hours at the minimum, things get very dysphoric, and there have been days I've gotten very dizzy and wasted the whole day laying down and puking.

Kratom isn't really a drug you can "chase" the high on like normal opioids, so just keep experimenting every 4-5 hours until you find your sweet spot. I highly recommend using a scale if you have one, as one teaspoon of kratom can be 2.5 grams with one batch, and 5 grams with another depending on how fine the grind is.

Kratom is a wonder drug for me, I actually quit smoking weed around the time I started using it, as it gave me the same mood lift weed did, without making me faded.

No Problem! I also feel I should mention that you should not try to redose on Kratom. If the first dose you take isn't strong enough, wait about 4-5 hours before redosing. Kratom has opiate antagonists, NMDA antagonists, and kappa opioid action going on in the background. I find if I redose any sooner than 3.5 hours at the minimum, things get very dysphoric, and there have been days I've gotten very dizzy and wasted the whole day laying down and puking.

Kratom isn't really a drug you can "chase" the high on like normal opioids, so just keep experimenting every 4-5 hours until you find your sweet spot. I highly recommend using a scale if you have one, as one teaspoon of kratom can be 2.5 grams with one batch, and 5 grams with another depending on how fine the grind is.

Kratom is a wonder drug for me, I actually quit smoking weed around the time I started using it, as it gave me the same mood lift weed did, without making me faded.

Yeah I was reading about that in some other threads, that works pretty well for me actually because if it helps my pain I would probably try to go back to work and take a dose before and a dose after on days where I have really bad pain flare ups.

Thanks again for all of the advice, some very helpful people on this board :)

I find that taking some kratom with a low dose of an opiate can increase pain relief.

My kratom came yesterday in the mail, tried some right away with 10mg oxycodone. Definitely had better pain relief than with just the oxy alone and I actually felt a lot less stiffer than usual. Will definitely keep experimenting with this, I used 3g of kratom btw.

I would say this combination brought my pain level from a 7/10 to about a 4/10 which is great! Next I will try 3g kratom with 15mg oxy and then I'll try something like 5g kratom with 10mg oxy and see which is better for pain relief

So I took 15mg of oxy w/ 5g of kratom and I have never been so opiate high in my life. I was actually nodding and this is only the 2nd time that I have, the first time being 25mg of oxy with 40mg of IR morphine when I had a lower tolerance than I do now..

Anyone know why I got so high from this relatively low dose? I actually don't like feeling this way and use opiods only to maintain functionality and deal with pain so I kind of want to avoid this.

You took too much kratom from a good source. Kratom is a very potent agonist of the mu opioid receptors. I believe wikipedia claims that 7-OH-Mitrag is 17 times more potent than morphine by weight. The problem is that most kratom only has 1-6% mitragynine, and .01-.1% 7-OH. So you end up having to eat a lot of kratom to get a decent affect. You probably got kratom from a good source, and mixed with with a normal opiate causing you to get very high. First time I got as opiated as you were was off 60mg of oxy, and about 6 grams of kratom, so I know what you're talking about. I was nodding for a good 4-5 hours and really couldn't even move. I like being functional on my opiates, so I do understand where you're coming from.

You took too much kratom from a good source. Kratom is a very potent agonist of the mu opioid receptors. I believe wikipedia claims that 7-OH-Mitrag is 17 times more potent than morphine by weight. The problem is that most kratom only has 1-6% mitragynine, and .01-.1% 7-OH. So you end up having to eat a lot of kratom to get a decent affect. You probably got kratom from a good source, and mixed with with a normal opiate causing you to get very high. First time I got as opiated as you were was off 60mg of oxy, and about 6 grams of kratom, so I know what you're talking about. I was nodding for a good 4-5 hours and really couldn't even move. I like being functional on my opiates, so I do understand where you're coming from.

Yeah I think your probably right, I'm going to stick to a smaller dose to kratom and maybe 10mg oxy max at a time. I am really getting pretty decent pain relief from it for now. Thanks!

I sprained my ankle pretty bad last night (walking down a decaying remnant of a city street nonetheless) and got rx'd 30 oxy 5mg's. I'm going to mix them with my daily Kratom dose. Will report back.

EDIT: It synergizes quite nicely. Non-sedating yet warm and euphoric. I took 25mg oxycodone (no opioid tolerance) with 4g bali (tolerant).

Last edited:
I sprained my ankle pretty bad last night (walking down a decaying remnant of a city street nonetheless) and got rx'd 30 oxy 5mg's. I'm going to mix them with my daily Kratom dose. Will report back.

EDIT: It synergizes quite nicely. Non-sedating yet warm and euphoric. I took 25mg oxycodone (no opioid tolerance) with 4g bali (tolerant).

Man I've been on oxy on and off (mostly on) for probably 8 months now, and taking it everyday for the past 3 months and if I took 25mg of oxy at once it would still kick my ass lol. I usually take 15-20mg per day split in 5mg increments every 6 hours or so.

Some good bali kratom is incredible for pain, maybe even better than oxy! The two together is unstoppable. Kratom definitely raises and maintains opioid tolerance though. I rarely ever come across pills, months and months will go by where I don't see a single one. When I finally do, my tolerance is still high and it still takes 30+mg to feel it. Then the next day, I'll dose up on kratom again and think to myself "This is better..".