• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids M-Eslons, Kadians and Avinzas, any difference at all in their mechanism?

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
...and inactive contents (dangerous ones especially). I know all three are gelcaps with beads in them, just like the more common HydromorphContins up here in Canada. I've had Kadians 130mg gelcaps before, crushed em to make em IR in a mortar and pestle, scraped it back into the gelcap and ate it. I wouldn't shoot Kadian even if powdered without a SteriFilt or micron filter (the beads contain talc...). What about M-Eslons and Avinzas. A long while ago I put my hands on a shitload of M-Eslons, albeit weak, 15 and 30mg gelcaps. The beads in them are extremely easy to crush compared to most XR-pellets in a gelcap pills I've used (a lot of HM Contins, Kadians 130mg orally). So I shot the M-Eslons back then because I was still pretty new to it all and didn't know of the dangers of binders very much. I couldn't find a pdf for M-Eslons like for Kadians. As for Avinzas, they are yet just another beads in a gelcap pill, they are the newest (not that new, but came out in the 2000's) XR morphine pills. If someone has info about them, please do, I'll continue to search on my own tomorrow, it's almost 5 am here and my xanax is kicking my ass much more than anticipated after drinking a lot of (orange!) grapefruit juice. :D

All I know is that all 3 of these are better than MS-Contins and MS-Contin generics, although I hear some Canadian MS-Contin generics do not gel...I had a lot of purple 60mg ms-contin generics at one time, they were lovely when taken up to 220mg, I guess my ex girlfriend was right that the red rectangle 200mg MS-Contins are the best pills out there ( I countered that the 200mg Kadians must be better, there's also 200mg M-Eslons, only Kadians have intermediary doses in between 100 and 200, well unless someone tells me about Avinzas more in detail here)

night' for now!

Well, okay, maybe I should have used another subforum, I'm surprised nobody knows about Avinza and M-Eslon properties. They're both available in the US and Canada, like Kadians, but I got those figured out.

I kinda stopped looking into info about opiates and defeating TR mechs and inactive ingredients when I got clean.
I'll do a little searching around to help you, but if you can't find anything,i doubt i will either.. if i find something ill post it.
Give me a lil bit.

EDIT: M-Elson- http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/datasheet/m/m-EslonSRcap.pdf for inactives, page 14.
EDIT2: Avinza- http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/021260s017lbl.pdf inactives page 11

Hope i at least helped a little, or understood what you were looking for.
Anyways, based on what I think your looking for, this is what i could find.

-HOOD

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, I'll be reading. It's not really about breaking mechanisms, I'm more interested in why there's so many XR beads morphine in a gelcap formulas, accross commonwealth countries + the US. But this will be good reading. Especially because I possess a couple Avinza 75mg gelcaps, maybe I'll even use them to get me off bupe, apparently the guy is scripted pure codeine pills 60mg and prefers that to the Avinzas and do not touch them, so I could grab all his stash of it, a lot of 30's, some 60's and some 75's. Binders right now don't matter, I just want to eat weak (but yes full agonists) and ditch bupe. They do use XR release morphine pills in more enlightened countries for ORT. Again thanks, I'm mostly too busy these days to do lots of research. Cheers.

HI, Im new to this site but wanted to give you some of my feedback regarding the Opiate KADIAN that I've read numerous reports stating that you shouldn't inject it. I decided to try a 20mg by crushing the pills and using water as the solvent. Contrary to those who think it's a waste of time to do so, I have found otherwise. IV has been my main choice of taking opiates and the 20mg worked just fine for me. And gave me a euphoric buzz similar to Canada's MSLON grey 100's. I was quite surprised and thoroughly enjoyed my high. Let me know if you have any questions regarding my method of preparation and I'd be glad to share. Thanks guys, and always love reading your posts/threads!

HI, Im new to this site but wanted to give you some of my feedback regarding the Opiate KADIAN that I've read numerous reports stating that you shouldn't inject it. I decided to try a 20mg by crushing the pills and using water as the solvent. Contrary to those who think it's a waste of time to do so, I have found otherwise. IV has been my main choice of taking opiates and the 20mg worked just fine for me. And gave me a euphoric buzz similar to Canada's MSLON grey 100's. I was quite surprised and thoroughly enjoyed my high. Let me know if you have any questions regarding my method of preparation and I'd be glad to share. Thanks guys, and always love reading your posts/threads!
please do tell I'd love to know

If you don't use SteriFilts or wheel filters to do that, enjoy your talc lungs. Kadian beads and M-Eslon beads contain talc. Look at the list of inactive ingredients, it'll make you shudder. The cotton inside a Maxicup will not do. Thankfully now all exchanges have Sterifilts now after the rash of Ritalin shooters getting "Ritalin lung" from shooting up Ritalin in the mid-late '00s....even more so with our Canadian only Biphentins, which are also beads inside caps and contain microcrystalline cellulose and talc.

If you're not using a filter worth a brand name and just a cotton, you'll regret it, especially if you have easy access to a lot of it.

And if you really enjoy morphine as much as I do (IV'd), the "solution" for MS-Contins is even worse, for them not to gel up, you got to use saline water. But you don't want to shoot up saline water, hell tap water isn't good enough. Get those blue plastic vials of bacteriostatic water. So MS-Contins are only good if you take them orally at the 60, 100 and 200mg dosages if you have a tolerance to oral oxy, I tell ya a 200mg MS Contin will do you good.

Never said you couldn't shoot up Kadians, I said you needed a filter to remove the talc in the beads.

Only use IR morphine pills to IV, we got two different brands for that in Canada, MS IR which also need a serious filter and Statex which have different dosages,5,10,25, even 50mg IR....those, last time I slammed some...a decade ago, don't have the inactive crap MS IR's have. Better to verify if you should get some anyways.

Last edited:
If you don't use SteriFilts or wheel filters to do that, enjoy your talc lungs. Kadian beads and M-Eslon beads contain talc. Look at the list of inactive ingredients, it'll make you shudder. The cotton inside a Maxicup will not do. Thankfully now all exchanges have Sterifilts now after the rash of Ritalin shooters getting "Ritalin lung" from shooting up Ritalin in the mid-late '00s....even more so with our Canadian only Biphentins, which are also beads inside caps and contain microcrystalline cellulose and talc.

If you're not using a filter worth a brand name and just a cotton, you'll regret it, especially if you have easy access to a lot of it.

And if you really enjoy morphine as much as I do (IV'd), the "solution" for MS-Contins is even worse, for them not to gel up, you got to use saline water. But you don't want to shoot up saline water, hell tap water isn't good enough. Get those blue plastic vials of bacteriostatic water. So MS-Contins are only good if you take them orally at the 60, 100 and 200mg dosages if you have a tolerance to oral oxy, I tell ya a 200mg MS Contin will do you good.

Never said you couldn't shoot up Kadians, I said you needed a filter to remove the talc in the beads.

Only use IR morphine pills to IV, we got two different brands for that in Canada, MS IR which also need a serious filter and Statex which have different dosages,5,10,25, even 50mg IR....those, last time I slammed some...a decade ago, don't have the inactive crap MS IR's have. Better to verify if you should get some anyways.
Is that why I had burning all over when I IV'd mine? (I swear I thought I was gonna die.). I tried to filter it twice just to make sure, but junkies gonna do junky shit and I slammed it anyway. (Now they're all I have left, but insufflation does nothing, no matter how good I think I've crushed the beads. 😢)

I can't IR due to bowel issues. It does nothing for me, so usually, I'm SOL. (Badum tisss.)