• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Best Koyaanisqatsi scenes

Heisenberg737

Greenlighter
If anyone has seen this movie, then I'm sure your life has been significantly changed. It is currently my favorite film, and I watch it time and time again under the influence of various things ;).

So what are some of your favorite scenes from this timeless classic? I really enjoy the smash cut to the dump truck (and subsequent cloud of ash that envelopes the poor working bastards) and the Pruit Igoe demolition scene.

What about Powaqqatsi and Naqoyqatsi? Favourite of the qatsi trilogy?

My life was not changed and I have no scene to divulge.

My life is pretty much the same.

Now after watching Death to Smoochy on the other hand . . .

at the risk of being labelled a stoner, try this.

you have, i am sure, heard of people watching 'the wizard of oz' while listening to 'the dark side of the moon' with interesting results.

well, my friends and i occasionally do the same with koyaanisqatsi and the moby album 'i like to score'. if you start the cd just as the red letters appear on screen, it makes a really nice alternative soundtrack to the movie.

the original soundtrack is, for sure, wonderful.

alasdair

at the risk of being labelled a stoner, try this.

you have, i am sure, heard of people watching 'the wizard of oz' while listening to 'the dark side of the moon' with interesting results.

well, my friends and i occasionally do the same with koyaanisqatsi and the moby album 'i like to score'. if you start the cd just as the red letters appear on screen, it makes a really nice alternative soundtrack to the movie.

the original soundtrack is, for sure, wonderful.
That is awesome! I was just wondering whether there really existed another album that would work with this film other than the original soundtrack. I definitely have to try it now. 8o

And what I mean by "life-changing," which may have been a bit of an exaggeration, is that this movie definitely should get you thinking about how our society works and how it can be improved, if you haven't been thinking about that already. It's one of those films that woke me up, similar to the Zeitgeist series and Kymatica.

As far as the sequels go, they are atrocities compared to the original. I will only watch the original anymore. The other two just seem redundant and fall short. I am interested in Baraka and Samsara, however. They look like they have a similar vibe.

conceptually, baraka and koyaanisqatsi are very similar. everything in koyaanisqatsi was shot in the u.s. whereas baraka takes a global view. they're both excellent.

alasdair