• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long do you have to be clean before not getting dope sick if you use?

southeast

Bluelighter
I tried searching to find out but nothing... I have not used anything at all in 11 days but I was sick for nine of those-- like exorcising demons, worst withdrawal of my life for four. Anyway, I am not planning on just going back and using but the people I would normally ask I shouldn't. I know if I was to use I'll WANT to do it again but I mean physical dependence. I have had that go away but I was clean for years, so I have nothing to relate here. And this bout of withdrawal was the result of a slip up after going through 4 days of bad withdrawal-- so definitely not that soon. I mean, is it 28 days? Is that why they always want people in rehab that long? Never been to rehab/ detox. Thanks.

If you ever develop an opioid dependence then it is trivial to pick it up again in a matter of days. Even if you're abstinent for years.

The acute phase of w/d may be over in a month or so but your body will remember your opi addiction.

I think much of it has to do with tolerance and length of use. If you were sick for 9 days then I would assume your tolerance is not low and/or you've been at it a while prior to that.

But I suggest much of it is dependent on dosing. If you are taking high doses and detox but go back to high doses then you're likely going to get sick again very easily.

I do not want to go back to super high doses... My tolerance should go down some. It has before. I dunno... I know my boyfriend was clean for like two months then said he used every now and then for a while.

Two months is a lot different than 11 (or 15) days though...

Yea, if acute is over in a month then I am guessing that would be right. My goal is not to just make it there I am just wildly curious. My goal is to just use other drugs... I mean ketamine is a close second favorite to heroin so I am okay with doing that. I just need to stay away from opiates... my boyfriend has to be clean for a year so me too really. And his alternative is jail.

I know a guy who had 20 years clean then he got high on blow and drunk decided to do heroin again and he was right back where he was the exact same pit of dispair he was in 20 years prior in just a matter of days.

9 days is not enough time try another lifetime.
Addiction is a lifelong struggle that's why alcoholics and junkies still go to AA/NA even after 20 years sober its cause that part of their brain is always there susceptible to becoming a full blown addict shall that substance ever be reintroduced back into the addicts body.
Mabye one day scientists will have a cure for addiction that totally erases that switch in an addicts brain that gets turned on when the substance is used turning the person back into addict mode but for now we don't have a cure addicts must work for their whole life to keep clean.

Save it for when your dying man.
Live life while you still can fuck opiates your clean now you need a treatment plan in place if you wish to remain clean..if you ever need support my mailbox is always open my friend:)

Thank you so much I really may message you! My only plan is the fear of him going to jail... cause I even do anything around him it would be a trigger. I mean, the guy has been on subs to the point where it was a waste for him to do shit, and it pissed me off and he still did. Jail scares me. This all started 'cause I couldn't drive and he was in jail. I want to get clean and want all the things I used to want, but I don't even know what I want anymore. It's a mess man. But, HEY, I'm out of what was a really long and horrifying withdrawal so FUCK THAT. It is going to be a long damn while.

I know a guy who had 20 years clean then he got high on blow and drunk decided to do heroin again and he was right back where he was the exact same pit of dispair he was in 20 years prior in just a matter of days.

That really sucks man. :(

se, getting clean, as you are already doing is the first thing you should do. you are correct about being a trigger for your boyfriend, and from the sound of it you care about this. now is the time to start getting better. look up some of the megathreads dealing with wd's and get some ideas on things you can do and things you can take that will get you back to where you want to be. this will also help your bf tremendously.

your doing well girl dont jump back on the opiate bandwagon it will just make you sicker. Have you tried Kratom it ha alkaloids that bind to the same receptors any opiate does it wont get you as high but it can be a real nice buzz give that a go :)

I've never even met anyone who had it otherwise I would be all over it probably... Idk. Ill look into getting it. I left town to get clean it's going to be alot harder now that I'm back. Womp womp womp.

My mate was in day 14 of a CT WD of heroin,
Went against what everyone said and used, next day she swears she was in WD and was back on it,
9 days is great, just continue to stay clean as this early stage of detox and just once use will get you back onto it,
I have mates who don't it after a month of being clean and there were fine the next day so at least a month of being sober is the best thing

A month feels like a long time ill probably order kratom like... Immediately. And thanks so for sure a month-- I knew there had to be something to all the 28 day programs.

You are absolutely right! Does anyone remember those ads from long ago that went, "Pepperidge Farm remembers (in a New England accent)"? Your brain is the same exact way. 20 years, 30 years - it doesn't matter. Those sensors have the memory of elephants! My advice is 20 years clean, give it up for good and move on. As my generation used to say, cut your hair and get a real job!

I hate that saying. Not being mean to you but I've already had people say shit about how I look now I mean fuck guys I'm covered in tattoos and track scars a haircut won't make me look like you. And I have a god damn real job.