• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Just how long is mild clonazepam withdrawal supposed to last?

moeburn

Bluelighter
I took a bunch of clonazepam. I can't say with any degree of certainty how much or for how long, because I can't remember, but what I can say is they were 0.5mg pills. I took anywhere from 6-10 of these pills per day, and I did that for somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks. So minimum, 21mg in 1 week, max 70mg in 2 weeks.

My last dose was exactly 11 days ago. I forgot that they were long-lasting benzos, so I was a little surprised when I had the absolute worst day about 7 days after I finished taking them - I was sweating, my heart was racing, I felt like my mind was going to explode, the only thing that helped calm me down was a lot of booze and weed. Now I'm not saying this is serious withdrawal - if I stay at home and watch TV and rest, I feel relatively fine. But I can't seem to go outside or do anything without getting extremely sweaty and heart-racy.

The worst of it is I feel like my heart has turned into a lump of lead. It literally feels like a heavy lump in my chest, and I feel every heart beat when it starts going fast. It's freaking annoying and uncomfortable, and it's still bothering me 11 days after my last dose.

So how much longer would you suppose it would take until I felt "back to normal"?

Did you have anxiety before this?

Sounds like you did, since you were able to enjoy abusing the shit out of kpins And now it sounds like the anxiety is amplified because of your stoppage.

Good thing is you didn't abuse it for too long although the doses you were popping sure weren't light ones however.

Expect another month at least for you too feel near back to normal. Don't abuse benzos anymore, stay away.

The main of the WD are gone so that is good news,
After the 12 or 14 day she started to feel better,
But didn't leave the house till the a few days after so like 16 days,
Most of the WD are gone stick with what is working with you,
Keeping you self occupied, even by watching TV will help,
Good luck

Pulling a number out of ass. In three months things should be almost normal. I think it's the long-term use which mostly gets to people. It's just a hunch, but I think length of time might have more to do with severity of withdrawal than amount used.

Two weeks is the go-to time for the length of time to get through the worst of most withdrawals. It could be longer or shorter, though

^^ good point. How long the drug was taken is important in determining any geusses at length/severity of w/d's. More so than say opiates for instance. Imo/ime anways. K pin has rough w/ds too imo/ime I was surprised.

This the only time u ever taken benzos regularly or for fun/abuse?

Did you have anxiety before this?

Sounds like you did, since you were able to enjoy abusing the shit out of kpins And now it sounds like the anxiety is amplified because of your stoppage.

Good thing is you didn't abuse it for too long although the doses you were popping sure weren't light ones however.

Expect another month at least for you too feel near back to normal. Don't abuse benzos anymore, stay away.

No, I don't have any kind of general anxiety when I'm sober/not in withdrawal. I'm a pretty mellow person, I just prefer downers to uppers. I didn't think the doses were that high, I didn't get super high or anything. Not high enough for the people around me to notice, or think I was drunk.

^^ good point. How long the drug was taken is important in determining any geusses at length/severity of w/d's. More so than say opiates for instance. Imo/ime anways. K pin has rough w/ds too imo/ime I was surprised.

This the only time u ever taken benzos regularly or for fun/abuse?

No, this is not the only time I have ever taken benzos, or GABA drugs. Just the first time in a very long time. I once had a bad enough alcohol addiction for a few years that was so bad I got the DT's, and I also once briefly had a pretty bad lorazepam addiction whose withdrawals put me in the hospital briefly. But that was like 5 years ago. Honestly, I figured that if I had taken enough clonazepam to produce rebound withdrawal sensitivity because of my history of abusing GABA drugs, that it would be a lot worse than it is right now. I'm not in agony or anything. Mentally speaking, I feel perfectly fine for most of the day. I do not have any mental anxiety right now whatsoever.

The only remaining withdrawal symptoms are:
-Horrible diarrhea for 1 hour after waking up, every single morning, like clockwork (but none for the rest of the day).
-Chest "tightness" on the left upper side of my chest, where my heart is, along with palpitations, that are so annoying that sometimes I have to just get up and go for a run, because the shaking and vibrations of jogging make it so I can't feel the "tightness" and palpitations - it's like the temporary relief some get from taking a bath.
-And I've become incredibly sensitive to stimulants - the slightest amount of caffeine makes me feel awful, and my nicotine addiction kinda sucks right now because sometimes having a smoke aggravates my weird heart chest feeling thing.