• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Just thought about this... Does it seem that I am alcoholic or may become one?

Soul Garden

Bluelighter
I like to drink. I like drinking a lot actually. I prefer it over anything else besides hallucinogenics/psychedelics, which are hard to get a hold of. I actually prefer it over weed :/ When I drink, I'm usually alone. I try to get as much as I can. I drink despite the fact that I am prescribed 300mg of both Wellbutrin and Zantac, which Wellbutrin greatly increases the kick and decreases the time it takes to kick. Zantac, which is an acid reducer, also greatly increases BAC. Look it up. You'll be surprised. If I have beer, I'm done with 5-6 within an hour. The pint sized natural ices, which seems to have the highest alcohol content out of the other beers I know of. I drink fast and in large quantities. Recently, I've been drinking to the point of blacking out and passing out. This usually happens within 2-3 hours. I don't really get hangovers too much and will drink after one. Sometimes, during one. Last time I drank, I had 4 beers and some shots of whiskey. I passed out and woke up(Still drunk) with some marker drawings on me and found my headset ripped up. I also pissed myself. I decided to go home real quick to change. After I finished the last pint of natural ice and got a few shots of whiskey to take with me so I could mix it all with a little coca-cola. I listened to some old school rap and rock n' roll. I started thinking about whether or not the rock career I've been dreaming about since 6th grade would be successful and started crying. After that, I went back to my friends house and poured some more shots. I drank that then smoked a newport menthol my friend gave me. I got bored after they started playing some shitty music from this generation so I left without saying anything. I decided to go to sleep and woke up feeling not exactly hungover, but as if I had a fever. I felt kinda shaky, had a lack of appetite, my breathing was a little shallow, I was sweaty, had some nausea but never threw up. Other than that, I was still fine. I tried to go to sleep in complete darkness and noticed that the hallucinations caused by my Wellbutrin were significantly increased. I noticed the shadow figures I usually see had glowing yellow beads as eyes, I saw a big glowing yellow orb hover in front of my close, I saw apparition looking figures walking towards me, I saw a black shadowy mass hover above me and engulf me, etc... I find the hallucinations quite interesting and entertaining to tell the truth. Anyways, that's about it for that.
Spring break, I drank for four days straight. The last time, I decided to make my mixed drinks a little strong, making the drink 7/10 vodka and 3/10 pink lemonade all the way from 6/10 vodka and 4/10 pink lemonade. I always go slow on the first drink, which I did this time. After that, we all slowed down because we wait for it to kick in. I asked the host a few times if I could make my second drink. He ended up making me one about as strong as I do mine. I chugged it all. (Btw, we use those plastic red cups that you get in stores.) After that, I did my usual little thing where I ask people holding beers, "Are you gonna finish that?" Chugged a few of those. This was maybe 1 hour into the party. We had to go home early and by the time I was out the front door into the car, I had double vision. Had a blast listening to The Rolling Stones on the short 5 minute drive home. Got out and went inside with my friend. I remember getting really depressed for no reason and started crying. I went and laid outside on the driveway for maybe 20 minutes, so my friend dragged me back. I passed out and woke up with a small hangover. Drunk 3 glasses of milk, ate some pickles, and got picked up by my mom. I ate 3-4 pulled pork sandwiches when I got home and barely even had a hangover after arriving. I've got more to tell, but have too much to tell. I've got a few more details though. I drink when I can usually. My favorite time to drink is around 6-7A.M. I drink(depending on the week and what's going on)2-5 times a week. And the most surprising thing is I'm 18. I'm actually worried about turning 21...

You're obviously an alcoholic. You should worry about your liver, especially because you're 18. Try drinking less.

You already know that you shouldn't drink alcohol while on bupropion. Not only does it lower your alcohol tolerance but lowers seizure threshold. Don't wait until something really bad happens to re-assess your drinking habits.

I don't think ur an alcoholic...I do believe your binge drinking and with somebody of your tolerance level your more likely to od and choke on your vomit especially with hard stuff...pissing ur pants is just icing on the cake

Okay, I'll try to drink 1-2 times a week and drink less and slower. I luckily, never feel any withdrawal symptoms, though I do frequently think of drinking. Before I actually start feeling REAL symptoms I'm gonna do what I can to minimize drinking. Can't promise I'll stop. I already know I'm not gonna stop and will admit that.

I believe that breathalyzers should be built into every vehicle. I don't consider driving while drunk and I get scared even thinking about it while drunk. I'm scared to drive even after one hit of marijuana. Sober is the only way to drive if you ask me. I do have a drinking problem, but I have just enough sense to not go as far as drinking and driving. It's not worth a felony and DUI from vehicular manslaughter. I'll ride passenger while drunk, but I still know not to act up in the car so that I don't screw up the driver and get us killed. I'll even say that I still get a little anxious driving sober >.> Especially when I'm near our Law Enforcement that loves us so much :D