• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

P.C.P in movies

tunesey

Bluelighter
Hello everyone I am from the UK and don't even know what PCP is but in Hollywood movies people that are portrayed as being on PCP do thing that are considered superhuman. Getting shot lots of times and not dyeing punching through windscreens the list goes on so I am asking all those from the states that have access to PCP is this true or just Hollywood bullshit :?

PCP is the centerpiece of many of the most ludicrous anti-drug movies, particularly in the 70's. Some "classics" include:

220px-Disco_Godfather_FilmPoster.jpeg

Death%20Drug%20VHS%20Box.gif

Having never done it, I can't vouch for the "accuracy" of these portrayals (who knows, maybe everybody really does see the same creepy old lady from Avenging Disco Godfather, but I doubt it).

But many of the reports I've read on Erowid describe it as a rather unpleasant experience, and it is (was) notorious for causing some really disturbing effects.

I've been fasincated with PCP for a long time because it is one of those weird drugs I've never come across and I've come across most street drugs at one point or another even if I haven't tried them, at least in being offered them.

I've known 3 people who did PCP though, and other than one just mentioning that they did it the other two were actually similar to what movies depict.

HOWEVER...I am sure that there must be pleasant PCP experiences because otherwise no one would ever do it.

It's strange that the reports I've heard have mimicked the hype, because usually with these kinds of things it is all just a big scare.

But actually, a friend of a friend of mine stabbed himself in the chest with a butcher knife multiple times on PCP but lived.

Someone else I used to know spent about an hour running chest first into mail boxes on PCP because he couldn't feel pain and woke up the next day with black and blue marks all over his chest.

I don't really think these experiences are probably the norm with this stuff...but oddly, the only experiences I've heard about personally have been like this.

I've never actually tried it either. One of my friends used to do it quite a bit. He said most of the time you would feel "stuck" and would just chill out. I think people do too much and black out in a manner of speaking so that they don't realize the things they are doing.

many thanks for your insight I dont think I would try it given the chance. It seem horrendous

It is hard to separate fact from fiction with PCP. Most people here have never done it, myself included. The core group of users is inner city minorities and the media has a long history of total BS when it comes to drugs non white people use. One thing is for sure it doesn't give people super human strength, that's an excuse the cops used for beating people into a coma or death.
Disco Godfather is a good one to laugh at lol. For PCP in movies also see Friday (1995)
Reflections of Evil (2002)
Angel Dusted (1981)
Training Day (2001)
Ricky 6 (2000)
If you are looking for realistic Hollywood may be a bad place to look