• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids A Fist Full of Pain meds

tunesey

Bluelighter
I have been to see the doc this morning as I have flat feet and regularly trap a nerve in my left foot. If anyone has had this before they know how painful it is. The Doc prescribed me some 30/500 codeine/paracetamol. When I got back from the Docs the postman had brought me some red vein Borneo Kratom so I thought to hell with meds I will make some Kratom tea. So I hobbled out to the kitchen cooked up a 5 gram tea and drank it I added some lemon juice to make it taste better.

This is only my second time of using Kratom and think I over boiled the first batch as it wasn't too effective because this stuff really hit the spot pain gone pleasantly buzzing on the sofa watching telly it was really nice and absolutely no pain in my foot. After about 4 hours the Kratom wore off more pain and discomfort has now arrived.

I took 2 co-codomol tablets as required it did not work so I rang the Docs still in pain and he has prescribed 50mg Tramadol tabs. My question is am I safe to take this after the kratom or should I wait until tomorrow. I want to make some more tea but only have 20 grams of Kratom left and don't want to use it too quickly. As far as using this wonderful leaf as a pain medication it ranks up there with the best

You should be fine taking the tramadol, but don't take more than 4 tablets at a time as tramadol can cause seizures in high doses. Also, don't be surprised if the tramadol doesn't work very well.

Thanks guys pain free at the moment the doctor told me to avoid codeine and tramadol but the two have me well chilled and slightly buzzing.

In my opinion and from experience the best thing for a trapped nerve is Diazepam an cocodamol will do more for pain that tramadol cos you should be okay taking 3-4 cocodamol at a time providing your in good physical condition an it's only a few times

Frozenfridge I love a pint and have done for many years and taking 2 grams of APAP does not seem like a good idea to me

frozenfridge I have codeine and tramadol and mix the two together and they work really well even though the doctor told me not to mix them cos they give you a nice buzz. Plus if I want to take more paracetamol I would do a cold water extraction so I am left with just the codeine although some apap gets through its the safest way. I do get prescribed k-pins 1mg per night thats why no diazepam from the doctor

Oh fair doos you shouldn't be seeing it as getting a buzz that was my downfall an I've always found Diazepam an Nitrazepam the best relaxants was on 8mgs of klonaz a day an they wouldn't help if I trapped a nerve but a blue would help I'm prescribed phosphate now so I don't have to bother with CWE's anymore thank fuck

Yeah CWEs are a pain in the ass and to do one properly takes ages I have to think ahead when doing one an put it in the fridge the night before. Plus I like t evaporate mine a weigh it after so I know how much apap I am getting dont fuck with your liver man

Yea I've done the Same before if I've had the time sometimes I'm just to impatient an grinding them is a pain to just used to bang them into a pestle an morter an I usually just put some ice into some cold water an check the temp with a thermocouple some of the ways people do it are unnecessarily complicated

In my opinion and from experience the best thing for a trapped nerve is Diazepam an cocodamol will do more for pain that tramadol cos you should be okay taking 3-4 cocodamol at a time providing your in good physical condition an it's only a few times

Diazepams only any good for a trapped nerve if the cause is muscular. It won't do anything for nerves trappped skelletally cause they're muscle relaxants. Say for example you have a nerve trapped/rubbing between two lumbar discs benzos won't do shit because they don't relax bones. Granted they work a charm if you have muscular damage but are no good for skeletal issues hence analgesics come in to play

OP, don't ever boil, or even come close to boiling kratom tea; it can destroy the alkaloids. It may sound gross but he best way to do it is to stir/shake the kratom into cold water and just drink it down fast. For an 8 gram dose I use about 5 ounces of water, and then just stir it for a couple minutes. Stirring/shaking for a while is important because kratom seems quite hydrophilic and there is nothing worse than a clump of dry kratom exploding in your throat as you swallow. Just mix it up and put it down quickly in two or three gulps. It tastes terrible yes, but the actual drinking process lasts like 30 seconds and then you can chase it if needed. I use a slow running faucet to get the kratom on the sides of your cup after the rest of it is gone. Also, you could use orange juice instead of water; kratom seems to mix better in Orange juice and it tastes a lot better, the acidity really seems to help mask the bitterness.