• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is it safe to do a shot that has been sitting with blood in it for a couple hours?

OverzealousCop

Greenlighter
I couldn't find a definitive answer for this in a search.

Basically, I mixed up a huge shot (without using any heat/flame, just stirred with water), a bigger shot than I'd ever done before, and injected half of it... I felt such a strong rush that I decided to hold off on the rest of it for fear of OD'ing.

Now, my question is: will it be safe to do the rest of that shot in a few hours? Bear in mind that I registered and everything, so the shot has a small amount of blood sitting in it. I'm not particularly concerned about bacteria necessarily cuz I keep my area pretty clean, and I've got antibiotics just in case. My main concern is the solution sort of settling and getting chunky or gooey, or the blood inside of it clotting and creating debris. I really don't wanna shoot a blood clot straight into my system.

Do you think I should squirt the shot out and mix it back up a little? Maybe apply a little heat to get it melted back down and nice and liquid-y? Yes/no? Or should I just go for it as is?

Any suggestions are much appreesh. Thx guise

If it's only been a few hours, it's most likely okay. Do not add heat, that'll just make it worse.

I would just refilter the solution. Squirt it out, mix it up, refilter, and the draw it back up.

Well you definitely shouldn't do it as is. I think the only safe way to do it is to squirt it out and micron filter it into a new syringe.

I definitely do not advise doing this but would do it ASAP if you are determined to use it. Again I can't reccomend this as it flies in the face of HR but I have done something similar with no ill effects. The day I had my first app. at my sub doc I was in terrible WDs as I was trying to adhere to the rule of being in complete WD before starting suboxone. Well I couldn't hack it & copped some bags that morning since my app wasn't till 3 that afternoon. I did a shot to get myself right then decided to do another shot right before my doc app. That shot was interrupted by my mother picking me up to go to the docs. For some reason I was having a hard time keeping it in the vein & ended up with a needle full of dope & blood. Frustrated I stashed the needle & went to the docs.

I got back from the docs several hrs later & stupidly decided that I wanted to do that shot since it was the last of my dope. When I pulled the needle out it was almost disgusting what it looked like inside there. The blood seemed to be coagulating & mixed with the darker color of this dope it looked like toxic sludge. But being the addict I was at the time I went against better judgement gave the needle a good shaking & banged it. Surprisingly I did not have any ill effects from it, couldn't tell you if the strength of the dope was affected though. I had gotten high earlier in the day, took my induction subs at the docs, then used that shot after I got home. Looking back I have no idea how I didn't end up getting precipated WDs from that episode.

So take that as you will, but I must stress that I do not reccomend using what is left in your needle. However I managed to avoid personal injury that day I do not know. Also I can not guarantee that you will have a similar experience to mine. The only reason I shared my experience is because it is very similar to what you are considering doing. My advice is to not do it & just get rid of whatever is left in that needle.