• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting "pure" methadone powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abundance

Greenlighter
So I have some (what I perceive to be) pure Methadone HCL 'R' Isomer powder. I'd like to inject it mainly because I'm finding it difficult to know how much to take and due to the long oral onset it would take too long for me to experiment with how much to take.

I've done some reading and getting mixed information, some people are saying that you can't inject methadone and it severely damages your vein, is this true? Is it ok to IV it or is that a bad idea? Also approximately how much should I take? I have a mild tolerance, been taking a bit of Fentanyl lately but I would rather be on the safe side. How long does it take for methadone to peak when injected? If I know this then I can inject slowly and stop once I feel I have enough or I feel it's getting too much.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

If you have a "mild" tolerance, don't go anywhere near that powder. I wouldn't go near it with a high tolerance without knowing EXACTLY what it was and having a milligram scale.

If you have a "mild" tolerance, don't go anywhere near that powder. I wouldn't go near it with a high tolerance without knowing EXACTLY what it was and having a milligram scale.
Well I know I wrote "percieve to be" but I guess that was kind of wrong, I know it is Methadone powder. I'm not going to throw it away :p So I need some advice on how much to take and most importantly if it's safe to IV? Don't worry, I plan on starting with very small doses and work myself up..

Very small doses kill. When you take methadone orally ONE time, it's oral BA is 40%. Only after being on it for about 3 weeks does it get up to 70-80%. You cannot safely IV powdered methadone without a milligram scale and even then it's a crap shoot.

Please DO NOT IV this. You will overdose and DIE unless you have a crazy high tolerance.

Last edited:
you are going to kill yourself.

Bluelight is not an urgent care or emergency service, what you are attempting to do is fucking suicide you don't have the equipment to measure a dose and you don't even know if what you have is really methadone. Seriously stop yourself from such idiocy and learn about what you're about to do before you rush into doing it.

No one else gets to have urgent threads or get better service by demanding help fast, you don't get to receive urgent receive you're not above the law. The only reason I logged on just now is because of how many reports I got from fellow regulars here who are extremely concerned for your wellbeing. Seriously reconsider how idiotic what your proposing is and how likely you are to kill yourself in the process.

you are going to kill yourself.

Bluelight is not an urgent care or emergency service, what you are attempting to do is fucking suicide you don't have the equipment to measure a dose and you don't even know if what you have is really methadone. Seriously stop yourself from such idiocy and learn about what you're about to do before you rush into doing it.

No one else gets to have urgent threads or get better service by demanding help fast, you don't get to receive urgent receive you're not above the law. The only reason I logged on just now is because of how many reports I got from fellow regulars here who are extremely concerned for your wellbeing. Seriously reconsider how idiotic what your proposing is and how likely you are to kill yourself in the process.

Well hang on a minute, I did correct myself, I used the wrong words in my OP, I know what I have is Methadone. I got three replies telling me not to do this without actually atually telling me what the danger is? If I start with a very small amount, say 10mg and work myself up I really don't see how there is a chance of overdose? Or are you telling me I should take it orally? I would like to have my original question answered if there is any risk with injecting methadone I should know about except the risk of OD, I read something about damage to veins?

because that's like shooting AT LEAST80mg of morphine. because you don't have scales. because powder clumps and there's no way to really eyeball doses that small. with this stuff, you shouldn't be so worried about damaging your veins as you should be about going into respiratory arrest and turning blue. leaving behind your body to be found by your family or someone close with a needle sticking out of your arm. maybe you won't puke everywhere and stink the place up too bad.

I don't know how damaging it is to the veins, but they use it in PCA pumps for pain when high dose continuous-IV morphine/hydromorphone doesn't cut it or causes too many side effects, and studies have shown that conversion charts way overestimate the dose needed. Don't shoot this shit, don't snort this shit. if you do anything. Put the tiniest bit on your tongue and wait the 3+ hours to judge it.

It's really hard to answer your questions because we don't even know what kind of tolerance you have.

First of all, you say you "know" it's pure methadone powder, but I find that hard to believe. How exactly do you know what it is? Did you test it at a lab? Did some idiot off the street just give that to you and tell you it was methadone powder..?

For argument sake, lets say it is pure methadone powder.. without a very very high opiate tolerance, the dose you would have to do for it to be even marginally safe would be so small, that you'd need a very expensive high grade mg scale.. the typical garden variety scale is not going to be precise enough, and with something that pure, being off by even a couple mg's, can kill you.

Have you ever IV'ed before? Do you know even know how to properly do it and do it safely?

You made another thread about injecting "pure alprazolam powder". So, what you just stumble on 100% pure powdered forms of drugs?

If you're going to do it anyway, first of all don't IV it. Either put a tiny bit on your tongue, or prepare a safe oral solution by diluting it.

Last edited:
First of all, you say you "know" it's pure methadone powder, but I find that hard to believe. How exactly do you know what it is? Did you test it at a lab? Did some idiot off the street just give that to you and tell you it was methadone powder..?

For argument sake, lets say it is pure methadone powder.. without a very very high opiate tolerance, the dose you would have to do for it to be even marginally safe would be so small, that you'd need a very expensive high grade mg scale.. the typical garden variety scale is not going to be precise enough, and with something that pure, being off by even a couple mg's, can kill you.

Have you ever IV'ed before? Do you know even know how to properly do it and do it safely?

You made another thread about injecting "pure alprazolam powder". So, what you just stumble on 100% pure powdered forms of drugs?

If you're going to do it anyway, first of all don't IV it. Either put a tiny bit on your tongue, or prepare a safe oral solution by diluting it.

I understand you're just trying to be helpful but you're really not. I've injected methadone twice this night. I started very small then increased it the second time, I'm fine and now I know exactly how much I need to put on the spoon for a normal dose, it really wasn't that hard. Yeah I guess you're right that I can't know for 100% certain that what I have is 100% pure powdered drug but that's just the way it is with drugs. You never know if what you're buying really is what the seller claims it to be, welcome to the world of drugs.

My alprazolam powder tasted like alprazolam, gave the same effect of alprazolam so I guess it must of been alprazolam? The methadone gives the sedative opiate effect I would expect from methadone so I guess it must be methadone. No I don't just stumble on these drugs, I think it's against the rules to talk about sourcing, no?

And yes I have IV'ed before, I'm guessing a couple hundred times if not exceeding 1000+ times. Quite a bit of heroin and now recently a lot of Fentanyl. Yes I know how to do it safely.. thanks for your concern.

Oh and no you're wrong, being off a couple of mg will not kill you, perhaps a couple of 10's of mg..

^^

Hah. You don't realize just how ridiculous that all sounds, man. "tastes like alprazolam, feels like alprazolam, so it must be alprazolam?" "feels like methadone so it must be methadone?" Really? You're going to kill yourself one day what that kind of logic.

Closing this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.