• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants One time Ritalin user

fortysixandtwo7

Greenlighter
A friend gave me one 10mg Ritalin pill and said it would help me study for a test. Is this okay to take for a one time thing considering I do not have ADD/ADHD? I was told it would give me huge amounts of energy. My resting heart rate, for some reason, is usually around 80-95 bpm. Is this okay to drink with a monster energy drink? Last but not least, I'm currently on day 5 of hydrocodone withdrawls if that even matters. Any help is appreciated!

Hydrocodone WDs is probably why your resting heart rate is that high. 150mg of caffeine + 10mg of methylphenidate would be fine in a healthy individual, but in your case that might be dangerous. The risk is small, but present. You won't even need the energy drink if you take that pill.

sell this shit. this 'helps you in a test' stuff is fucking bull shit.

but yeah you'll be fine, even with an energy drink or two or three or eleven. 10mg oral is a minuscule dose and you probably won't even notice IMO. ritalin will only start to get dangerous approaching the 100mg intranasal mark ime, and that'd have to be much more orally, considering ritalin's poor oral bioavailability, so yeah...

First time stimulant user? Have you used amphetamine or anything like that? If it's your first experience with any sort of non-caffeine stimulant, you should have a decent stimulation from that one 10mg tablet.

You'd have a pretty decent buzz with one 10mg snorted, heh. Shit, even today I'd start with snorting a 10 or 15mg line, then another 5-10mg every thirty minutes or so.

Methylphenidate is a pretty decent stimulant if you accept it for just a potent stimulant and not a MDMA substitute. Some lucky people do get an euphoric kick out of it. For most people, 10mg will keep them stimulated for a good 3-4 hours. Snorting or plugging will roughly double the effects and make the onset faster, so you can divide it into 2 and take 5mg at a time a few hours apart, or just take it all in one blast.

It's probably best to leave the energy drinks alone unless you really like feeling super cranked and wired and twitchy. Or if you are prone to panic attacks, or if you're unusually stressed, or if you don't use energy drinks on a regular basis. Caffeine and methylphenidate will potentiate each other and can leave you sweaty and anxious if you overdo it. Maybe have a small coffee or just straight up sugary caffeinated soda.

You'll get best results from methylphenidate if you have a reasonably large energy reserve built up from eating and sleeping well for a few days. If you're burning the candle at both ends it will still be effective, but you'll get best results if you have something to fuel your activity beforehand and get a good night's sleep.

Caffeine and methylphenidate will potentiate each other and can leave you sweaty and anxious if you overdo it. Maybe have a small coffee or just straight up sugary caffeinated soda.

Sekio is right.

I used to do this everyday to be honest, but it would always leave me feeling horrible after the Stimulant + Caffeine combo really took effect. I'd get so anxious and nervous that I'd have panic attacks. If you're going to drink caffeine while taking Ritalin or Adderall ONLY drink a soda. Coffee has WAY too much caffeine for that to be a pleasant experience.

Methyphenidate is a horrible fucking drug. They used to make me take the shit and they are horrendous.

this might sound weird and fucked up but it worked for SWIM'S withdrawls, brand name imodium or generic name loperamide, helped SWIM alot with withdrawls...You can buy it over the counter at any drug store, walgreens, cvs, etc....but SWIM went to Cosco and got a bottle of 300 for $10. Its used to treat diarrhea..but it is an opiate. It just doesnt cross the blood brain barrier which gives you the high...SWIM use to take about 20 of them a day then slowly less and less everyday and SWIM deff noticed his/her withdrawls were tolerable. Sometimes he/her didnt feel sick at all, but I know for a fact caffeine is horrible for withdraws and to stay away from it.
[h=1][/h]
as far as the ritalin you will deff notice a buzz in energy at 10mg if your a first time user...SWIM would snort it, youll get more of the drug, but you will get a rush of energy, unlike adderall tho which SWIM is prescribed 2 10mgs a day, is more of a focused high, ritalin is more of energy want to be social...but it will help you on the test for sure...not sure about the withdrawal might make it worse.

i'm surprised how my response is so different from the others.

i've had 20mg snorted before and felt very little. ime a dose to keep me stimulated would be at least 30-40mg and a rec/euphoric kick dose, at least 50-60mg. i'd go up to 80mg (that'd be pushing it though). all this snorted.

i do drink caffeinated drinks daily multiple times a day, since ever, though, and no amount of energy drinks i can consume makes me feel anything. could a caffeine tolerance be the reason why i apparently 'need' higher doses of methylphenidate?

sorry to drift off the thread topic, but i don't want to go suggesting high doses of stimulants to other people.

Methyphenidate(ritalin) is ok in low doses 10mg to 30mg. Take anymore and your going to have shitty side-effects.

it is a shit drug for what it is. has a terrible come-down (but can be good).

its good to take to stay up and thats about it, if ur chasing that buzz you are way better of with doing speed.

high dose ritalin side-effects are complete utter shit.

Methylphenidate is a pretty decent stimulant if you accept it for just a potent stimulant and not a MDMA substitute.

I've never heard of people trying to use Methylphenidate as an MDMA substitute?? Seems like it'd be a pretty poor choice if people are looking for an MDMA type high since the two are miles apart. Is it common for people to try to use it as they would MDMA?? Does anyone really treat it as an MDMA substitute? :?

Anyway, I really enjoy Ritalin. I find the feeling of snorting it to be very comparable to coke but longer in duration and not as intense, Diet Coke if you will. Although the comedown can be unpleasant, it's got NOTHING on a coke or amphetamine comedown, and if you pop a couple benzos it will obliterate any comedown. I really enjoy the effect,s even Concerta gives me some euphoria and decent stimulation, however I've never had negative side effects from stimulants like anxiety or anything so if you're prone to that you may not enjoy it as much.

sell this shit. this 'helps you in a test' stuff is fucking bull shit.

but yeah you'll be fine, even with an energy drink or two or three or eleven. 10mg oral is a minuscule dose and you probably won't even notice IMO. ritalin will only start to get dangerous approaching the 100mg intranasal mark ime, and that'd have to be much more orally, considering ritalin's poor oral bioavailability, so yeah...

excuse me, but what the hell are you talking about? Sure he will be able to feel 10 mg oral. It might not be the largest of doses, but for sure enough that a person with no tolerance would feel it. I'd say do 20 mg orally. Don't snort it, it has loads of binders and stuff in it, plus that's a lot of powder...

Also, how is it bullshit that ritalin helps you in a test? Don't you think there is a reason why so many people use it as a study drug? I have been using ritalin a lot, both at oral exams and when writing, and it helps a lot, I've even heard some people call it cheating (which I think is stupid, whatever works...)

Methyphenidate(ritalin) is ok in low doses 10mg to 30mg. Take anymore and your going to have shitty side-effects.

it is a shit drug for what it is. has a terrible come-down (but can be good).

its good to take to stay up and thats about it, if ur chasing that buzz you are way better of with doing speed.

high dose ritalin side-effects are complete utter shit.

that's your opinion man. Another way of looking at it is that methylphenidate is the closest thing to cocaine. Some times I even feel ritalin can be more euphoric. The only downside is that it's not good for redosing IMO

Pop 20-30 mg at once at a party and you'll have a super fun time. Also, when mixed with alcohol it turns into ethylphenidate whicħ is even more euphoric, but this is bad HR as it's not a good combo for your heart

@Henchinaski

What im speakin is from my experience. Sure ymmv, but ive eaten 10mg, 20mg and didnt feel shit. No tolerancs too. So imo, no, not sure he'll feel 10mg oral.

Also, i think its bullshit it helps you in a test because well, I never noticed anything, i dont have scientific proof though, its just my perception, im open to change it though. Ive played that Raindrops game on ritalin and my score didnt improve at all. and tbh i dont give a fuck if lots of people do it before tests, that doesnt mean anything, lots of people do lots of stupid shit.