• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subutex or methadone for withdrawal?

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
Hello,

First of all, my heroin habit isn't huge. I've been using daily for a couple of months, and when I try to quit I do go through some significant discomfort, which would be bearable if it weren't for the fact that the next couple of months I'm going to be very busy and HAVE to function well. So, I'm planning on swapping to either methadone or subutex and then immediately tapering the dose down to minimise withdrawals. I've heard that methadone is long lasting, so I figured that that might be worse since I wouldn't want the withdrawals to be extended any longer than they have to be, but I'm clueless about subutex. Which would you guys recommend I swap to in order to totally minimize any withdrawals? And how fast would you recommend the taper?

Also, I tried to quit today, and went 21 hours without getting any real symptoms other than a little inner discomfort. Does this mean I won't have any full blown withdrawal symptoms, or might I just be a slow metaboliser?

Any help would be VERY appreciated! You guys have never let me down in the past, I fucking love this place.

buprenorphine lasts more or less the same as methadone.
why don't you just wait the WDs out if you only have some minor discomfort?

None of the above. Get your ass some Kratom son! Saves my butt any every time I ride the withdrawal train. Very short acting too. So 5 or 6 days of nothing but kratom and your withdrawals should very mild and maybe even completely gone!

Listen to dopey brown. Dont touch either. I am comin off a ten year use of methadone right now. The plan was to use that just long enough to get off pain pills. It sucks u in hard and fast.sucks the life out of you quickly.im one month off the dones and still not right. It has terribly long withdrawels. Take our advice DONT touch either. Good luck to ya

Yeah obviously if you could avoid both of them.. you'd be much better off.

It would be worth it giving something like kratom a shot before you go for bupe or methadone, and risk the nastiness involved with picking up an addiction to either one.

You said you had a small habit, so the kratom very well might work well for you.