• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Star Wars Episode VII cast.

Opie_McMorph

Greenlighter
Sooooo, has anyone seen the cast? What do you make of it?

Personally, I love how many of the originals have been recast. Especially 3P0.... Oh and Chewie....

I'm a bit apathetic towards the rest of the casting, just happy to see the originals.

I must admit, I am absolutely terrified of how badly Disney could screw this up.... Anyone else feel the same?

Sooooo, has anyone seen the cast? What do you make of it?

Personally, I love how many of the originals have been recast. Especially 3P0.... Oh and Chewie....

I'm a bit apathetic towards the rest of the casting, just happy to see the originals.

I must admit, I am absolutely terrified of how badly Disney could screw this up.... Anyone else feel the same?

They seemed to have taken a bit of a hit from the press for casting a mostly white and male cast. Also, where's Lando at?

You mean screwing it up any worse than Lucas did with the prequels and the remastered versions of the originals? I'm honestly just going to save a majority of my judgments about the new films. I'm not going to invest too much hope into them, and if they wind up being good, then awesome. If not, I won't be all that surprised.
But I'm going to remain pretty positive towards them. I really think the sacredness of the series was thrown out of the window once Lucas released those CGI catastrophes known as episodes I-III.
We're given yet another chance to be told more stories from the Star Wars universe. I really think it being out of Lucas' hands is a good thing. You would think they're going to strive to not make it like the prequels and make it more like the original 3 or something unique and unlike any of the previous 6 films.

^ 0/10, you're gonna have to do better than that

I, for one, don't think there's any way Disney screws this up worse than George himself did with the prequels, but I still have severe doubts about JJ Abrams as the director. It's a given that it won't be as incompetently scripted or as indifferently photographed as the prequels, but I would still be astonished if an actually GOOD movie happened (instead of just being "good enough", which isn't saying much given how shitty the last three films in the series have been).

As for the cast, I'm not sure how much difference it will make. Filling the cast with accomplished actors didn't help the prequels one bit, but then again, that was with George as the screenwriter. This cast should all be thanking their lucky stars that's he's not too involved.

I am tepidly optimistic for a great film and trilogy. Its good to have the original core cast and I am trying to figure out where in the timeline this will take place. Since one of the cast is Jaina (Han/Leia's daughter) then I can guess it is quite far into the next gen of the timeline.

You mean screwing it up any worse than Lucas did with the prequels and the remastered versions of the originals? I'm honestly just going to save a majority of my judgments about the new films. I'm not going to invest too much hope into them, and if they wind up being good, then awesome. If not, I won't be all that surprised.
But I'm going to remain pretty positive towards them. I really think the sacredness of the series was thrown out of the window once Lucas released those CGI catastrophes known as episodes I-III.
We're given yet another chance to be told more stories from the Star Wars universe. I really think it being out of Lucas' hands is a good thing. You would think they're going to strive to not make it like the prequels and make it more like the original 3 or something unique and unlike any of the previous 6 films.

These are my thoughts exactly. Maybe George Lucas sold the franchise because he had lost his touch.

Seeing as LucasArts was dissolved shortly after, it's possible he needed the money too.