• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can u parachute heroin??

love88

Bluelighter
Hey guys.

Not sure if this I dumb, can u parachute heroin? Basically I'm use to oxycodone and im out of it and heroin is avalible (as I am near Camden nj). I hate snorting thingsand I'm not using a needle, so my next thought would be to parachute?! Would that work w the ba?

Probably due to purity issues and increased BA via other ROAs, and just desire for a more instant high. I've personally never tried oral heroin.

You'll definitely feel something, just a reduced euphoric rush. People really like the rush of heroin, which is why nasal/vaporized/IV are such popular ingestion methods for recreational use.

You'll definitely feel something, just a reduced euphoric rush. People really like the rush of heroin, which is why nasal/vaporized/IV are such popular ingestion methods for recreational use.

Parachuted 2 bags and I have 3 left. I'll see how I feel. I jus hate snorting it. I feel like I have to do so many and it takes longer to get the affect I want. I'd take swallowing 5 oxycodone 30s over heroin. I feel like the high is quicker and more predictable then H (never iv so im not comparing that).

Interesting how in the study, the morphine bioavailability was a lot higher in chronic users than people who only did it here and there. And also, pretty cool how the BA was a lot higher in large doses. So the absorption rate is dose dependent.

Cool study, man.

Yeah report back actually this really intrigues me ive been doing heroin for a few years now and I have never used it orally

Heroin is 3x stronger than morphine when used IV, but about the same when used mg for mg orally, so despite it "coming out" that heroin is has a slightly better BA than morphine, it still sucks when taken orally compared to any other ROA...so, saying that this article somehow proves that "eating heroin" is an effective method is highly misleading...It's still a complete waste of the drugs potential...

However, if you're used to using morphine and for some reason only have access to heroin, it might make sense for someone in that situation...For everyone else, taking heroin orally is just as much of a waste of time as everyone has known it is for the last 100 years...If eating it was an efficient ROA, people would be doing it that way, but nobody does!

Curious to hear what Sekio has to say about this...

I'd imagine it'd work, similar to oral Morphine, I'm not sure what the dose would be..

Uhhh.. seems like a waste to me, just snort it..
I can't imagine the BA being that high. 70%? seriously? Idk.
Trust me.. I cop in camden all the damn time. Just snort it, man.
Especially if you're going into North. Dope hasn't been that great out there recently.

Curious to hear what Sekio has to say about this...

When you eat heroin it basically acts as a 70-90% BA morphine prodrug. Your liver & stomach acid takes the acetyl groups off before most of it reaches the bloodstream.

There's no reason you can't do it orally, it's just not as "effective" as snorting, smoking, plugging etc because you're converting it to morphine which is roughly half the narcotic potency. It's still more effective than oral morphine though.

^Thank you

So, it's basically the same thing as doing morphine if you take it orally, give or take?

That probably relates to the dosage affecting the absorption rate, the higher the dose maybe only half gets converted into morphine. ^^

The Opiate Bioavailability Chart

Orally:

Hydrocodone = 70%
Diamorphine = 35%
Morphine = 25-40%

I am not sure how quickly heroin becomes morphine when ingested orally as opposed to other ROAs. I think William Burroughs wrote in Junky that eating heroin is a particularly addicting form of heroin habit. I only ever smoked and snorted personally, but I am curious to consider how much of a heroin buzz can be derived from eating.

^^I have no doubt you can get just as much of a buzz eating it as any other way, if you take enough, but it wouldn't be cost effective for most people...