• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Do prescription pills eventually turn into illegal drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hi.

Im prescribed benzodiazepines due to anxiety issues. I get a bottle with 100 pills about once a year. Since I dont use them that much, I can see that I wont be able to take them all before my next bottle is ready to be collected. I intend to get the bottle anyway so that if my doc, at some point, decides that I should not have them anymore (dont think he will but better safe than sorry) I will have a stash on hand that I can use untill I find another way to get these drugs that I really do need from time to time.

My question is, if these pills will turn into illegal recreational drugs sometime in the future as seen from the police or the likes point of view?

In case Im not making my self clear enough, here is an extreme example (fiction)

Lets say I keep getting 100 pills a year for the next 5 years but only use 80 a year. After that, my doc decides that he wont prescripe them anymore and at this point in my life, I dont really care. Yet I choose to keep the remaining 100 pills in case I will need them in the future.
5 more years go by and I still dont use them. For some reason, the cops find the pills. They are in a bottle with my name on and all, so its clear that they have been acquired legally through my doc but the date shown on the bottle is 5+ years old. Are they still legal to posses for me or are they now considered illegal drugs which I will be punished for by the same laws which apply to pills purchased on the black market?

I know that prescriptions eventually get too old (2 years in my country) but does that also mean that pills that have already been collected should be thrown out?

As long as there in the appropriate labeled bottle from the pharmacy with your name on it then you have nothing to worry about. Anticipating a visit from the cops in the near future?

Cool :)

No I dont, but the future might bring all kinds of crappy situations and its better to be safe than sorry + I have a pretty paranoid personality which makes my over think stuff all the time.

Cool :)

No I dont, but the future might bring all kinds of crappy situations and its better to be safe than sorry + I have a pretty paranoid personality which makes my over think stuff all the time.

Yeah I can definitely relate to that. I tend to over think things a lot aswell which often leads to indecision. I can be very indecisive about the stupidest things. Those feelings are why I am someone who thoroughly enjoys the subtle effect of benzodiazepines.

We really don't allow legal questions like this. OD just isn't the place for it. But you got some answers so I'll leave it at that.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.