• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine use causing sudden aversion to sleep?

marky772

Greenlighter
I took amphetamine for the first time 22 days ago (after several months on ephedrine; phentermine and caffeine) and have pretty much been using it very heavily every day since. I started the ephedrine 6 months ago because at 5"6 and 178lb I felt I needed to lose weight and WOW did that work with the manic energy and non-existent appetite. Anyway, due to tolerance I was up to 180mg of Ephedrine 3 times per day plus Phentermine 37.5 in the morning and a couple grams of caffeine so I decided the whole system needed a reboot.

I bought a 5 gram bag of amphetamine (pure amphetamine salts, I mean, not street speed). WOW, it was much better than Ephedrine plus had less jitters. Ever since then I have been snorting it pretty much all day every day. I have so much energy, I'm happier - apart from my jaw really hurts, I can't stop it clenching - the house is SPOTLESS and I literally never eat. I'm now 111lb.

I started taking my "last dose" at 6pm so it wouldn't affect my sleep too much when I go to bed around 12am-2am (same rule I had applied to ephedrine). It didn't work for long so I've been taking diazepam and/or clonazepam to sleep at night.
Just this week, though, I never WANT to sleep and the thought of going to bed makes me anxious and woozy in my stomach. Almost like I'm scared of sleeping, Is this common with amphetamine (or any upper)?

Sorry if this is all been asked to death; I'm very new to uppers (ex alcoholic/benzo abuser, plus I take opiates and muscle relaxants for pain so I only know downers really).

Yes you never want to sleep, or eat, just the idea is upsetting lol, so true. Rem the drug can last 12 hours or more and how long before you must dose before its most likely not effecting sleep.