• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need help with Norco Withdrawal + Anxiety/Panic Attacks, Please help!

DJWreck

Greenlighter
Let me first start by telling how I got caught up in my addictions. About a year ago I had a severe knee injury while snowboarding and I couldn't go to the doctor because I did not have any insurance. During sleep I would wake up from intense pain and I wasn't even able to walk properly. Next day my friend offered me some Norco 10's. I took 1 and a half and most of the pain was gone. After that day I started taking norcos everyday up until recently. I was taking anywhere from 6-12 norcos a day. Even though the pain was gone I started abusing the drug to get high (I know I am stupid for doing this). I read online that taking excessive amount of imodium helps drastically with the withdrawal symptoms so I gave it a try. I took 20 of the 2mg pills and after an hour all the withdrawal was gone. I was so amazed by this and I took it for 2 weeks straight up until now. After doing more research on imodium I found out that it can cause a withdrawal that's similar to sub/methodone (long and lingering). I am tired of having to take imodium daily just to function. I really just want to get off everything and get it over with. I am starting to taper off but it causes me to have extreme panic attacks and anxieties. I decided I want to go see a doctor so he can help me out but the problem is I do not have insurance. But I am willing to pay the visiting fee and I am hoping he can give me some meds to help me overcome this addiction and something for anxiety. Should I tell the doctor about the imodium or should I just leave it at I'm addicted to norcos (I don't want bunch of drugs showing up on my medical record). What would be the best thing to tell the doctor in this situation? I also do not have any previous record of drug abuse or being prescribe to any kind of medication. Should I just try tapering off myself or would the doctor be able to provide me with a good solution. If anybody has a success story of coming off of excessive amount of imodium please let me know! Thank you for spending the time to look through my post, I really appreciate it!

I've never been in that bad of opiate addiction where i had to turn to Imodium. but if that's all you're dealing with I'd just taper down and quit all together if I were you. Anxiety and stress is what i deal with every day though though so i can relate to that. I abused benzos for quite some time before going clean for several months and realizing all my stress is caused by me. Good luck bud

60-120mg of hydro a day is not that bad. If you are really serious about quitting, you could try tapering in 10mg steps a day. You might feel like shit for a few days but you can look in the mirror in a few months and thank yourself that you got out before you were shooting h.