• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Pupil Dilation

E-n

Bluelighter
ok... first Q when the hell will the search be back!??!?
I was gunna search for this but it's dead... so.. i gotta ask!!!
Why do ur pupils dilate for???
------------------
*pop* "once you pop... you can't stop" PRINGLES
[This message has been edited by E-n (edited 19 February 2001).]

well i'd say all amphetamines cause pupil dilation. i dont know the medical reason for it tho.
infinity

"Fight or flight" response. Heart rate up, cut peripheral blood flow, open them pupils, produce less urine, don't get an erection. All the things that happen when you are about to fight (funny response, since the idea of fighting on E seems so ludicrous). Funny effect of MDMA-- at first, your body produces a bunch of urine, then you don't for a few hours, then once the roll wears off, you produce copious amounts once more.

To be exact, ecstacy is a central nervous system stimulant. It stimulates the autonomic sympathetic nerves which lead to the dilator pupillae layer of the iris which is responsible for mydriasis(dilation of the pupil)

i was gonna search for this too =] well me wat's up with this
i dropped 1 @2 on sat morning
at 10 o clock sunday night, MY EYES WERE STILL DILATED
THATS' 20 HOURS AFTER THE FACT AND THEY WERE STILL HUGE
hell this morning, i woke up, they were still 1.5x larger than usual...
for 32 hours my pupils were dilated
first time ever =]

This is close to a question I had....
Does MDMA and MDA both cause pupil dilation? In other words, will you eyes be dilated if you eat MDA and MDMA?
I assume that DXM doesn't since it's a totally different substance. Is that correct?
I'm almost certain that I had a pill this weekend that was DXM. My friend tested it and said it was good. But during the evening, I knew things were not right so I tested the second pill I had myself. It seems to me that it fits the descrition of DXM. Also, my pupils were normal and not dilated at all.

RollingMonkey: in general, stimulants cause pupil dilation-- amphetamine-like structures, i.e. MDMA, MDA, Meth, Amph, etc., will cause pupil dilation. DXM will make your pupils either smaller, or not change...as will any depressants...heroin...hey, maybe the pill was cut with heroin
wink.gif

i know this is a long shot, but is there anything you can take (other than heroin, heh) that'll counteract the dilation and shrink your pupils to a more normal size?
mine stay big for a good 24 hours after i roll, and facing my parents when my pupils are the size of dinner plates is a somewhat harrowing experience...

Pupil dilation happens when your body is in an excitatory state. Your "fight or flight" reflexes, otherwise known as your sympathetic nervous system, react when certain body compounds are released into the blood stream.
Your heart beats faster, your sweat glands are stimulated, your pupils dilate.....all this happens pretty quickly when, say, you are startled....things slow down pretty quickly after that, normally.
Now, E keeps the sympathetic nervous system running because it inhibits calming body chemicals by causing the body to maintain a high level of excitatory chemicals. So that is why your pupils stay as dialated as they do.

djchowfun: I had a blue nike awhile back (since tested to be ketamine/speed, but it was beautiful) with a powerful E that had mine dialated for 30 hrs. It wont be MDMA for that long

Um correction, DXM does in fact dilate your pupils just like Ecstasy. Thats one of the many down sides to that drug.
------------------
"You move like I want to. To see like your eyes do. We are downstairs where. No one can see. New life breakaway."

I believe pupil dilation will be much longer if taken pills with MDA.. My pupils were dilated for more than 15 hours! I took MDMA pills many times and my pupils were never dilated for a long time...

Since MDA stays active longer than MDEA or MDMA then your pupils will be big as fuck for longer. Acids a different story, they never go down!
frown.gif

------------------
"You move like I want to. To see like your eyes do. We are downstairs where. No one can see. New life breakaway."

Whoever said that acid causes longer mydriasis than MDMA is wrong. I have tripped extremely hard and woke up the next morning with normal pupils. E makes them dialate the whole next day.
------------------
We can't stop here, this is GreenlightEr country!

I guess this might be a little off topic, but one time when I rolled at home, my friends and I were sitting in a semi-dark room. I got up to go to the bathroom, and as I entered the bathroom I turned on the light as usual. Well, one of my pupils started to shrink (like they do when more light enters your vision) but the other stayed quite dialated. The result was strange blurry vision and a strange sensation maybe due to wearing my contacts? Either way, it was very weird and had never happened to me before.
------------------
Those that danced where thought to be quite insane by those who did not hear the music

I know this is a little off topic, but is it really alright to wear contacts while rolling? I'm guessing that since you get dehydrated that it might dry out your tear ducts' natural ability to lubricate your eyes. I dont' know, jsut a thought.
djchowfun: i wish my pupils looked like that all the time. i think it looks cool and very cartoony. hehe

I like my big black eyes !!
some people look at the pupils to kwon if they're rolling, as bigger as better !! when your pupils are almost normal, your're back in the gray world of non-XTC users

yes johnsmith
i know the feeling...
*spends ages in the bathroom admiring her pupils..*
hehehe....