• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The official Austnet #bluelight thread (subtitled The guide for n00bs)

Dante

Bluelight Crew
Dante's bodgy guide to IRC
This will always be updated, and bumped as well :)
Ok, here's what you do...
1) Download an IRC client, some good ones are mIRC for Windows (mIRC.com, and ircle for Mac (ircle.com).
2) Install, and run, filling out any required info (BTW, if it says real name, you don't actually have to type your real name, and same with email address)
3) In the status window, type
/server au.austnet.org
4) Once connected to the server, set your nickname. Best to try and set it to the same nickname that you post on bluelight with.
Type:
/nick Dante
(Well, don't type /nick Dante, type /nick and then whatever your Bluelight name is. If then you get a few lines saying that name is registered, try a different name.)
You must use a nickname that has some sort of link to your Bluelight name, otherwise action such as kicking or banning may occur.
5) After finding a suitable nick, type:
/join #bluelight
TADA!
You should be connected, if you have any probs, don't hesitate to contact me on ICQ, UIN 53525868 :D
Just doing my part for the community ;)
[ 19 May 2002: Message edited by: Dante ]

Nice one Dante.
There is 1 extra step, between 3 and 4.
3.5) Set your nickname. Best to try and set it to the same nickname that you post on bluelight with. Type:
/nick gleep
But only if you are me, or impersonating me.
If you are not me, replace gleep with whatever your nickname is.
Then continue with step 4.
Chat with ya soon
wink.gif

gleep

6) Stay away if people like wazza_, BigTrancer, pundi, vurtomatic, Dante, gleep, n0^0ne or Munch are on... cos they will tell you bad, bad, bad things... really bad.

Glad i'm not on that list.
wink.gif

Step 7) Once your on #bluelight and you need help ask Vurtomatic, coz he's a geek and he knows geeking things.
wink.gif

DJC*
------------------
"We are the children of the revolution"

Dont come guys..... they will suck the life out of you...
You will never return..
*help me*

Dante:4) Once connected to the server, set your nickname. Best to try and set it to the same nickname that you post on bluelight with.
Type:
/nick Dante
(Well, don't type /nick Dante, type /nick and then whatever your Bluelight name is. If then you get a few lines, saying that name is registered, try a different name.)
Gleep:3.5) Set your nickname. Best to try and set it to the same nickname that you post on bluelight with. Type:
/nick gleep
But only if you are me, or impersonating me.
If you are not me, replace gleep with whatever your nickname is.
Then continue with step 4.
ok now gleep y would we need to set our nick twice???/
------------------
I'm as high as a kite and as horny as a field full of stags....its been a fucking beautiful day :Irvine Welsh -Trainspotting

I'm trapped in that stupid room all the time. Oh well soon I can escape I hope!!
wink.gif

log on now for your bluelight fix while the board is down!
------------------
[a young boy puts a feather into his mouth -jeff noon] | [vurtopia]

Grr, I tried to find that post, but couldn't.. :/
This is prolly a better post, cause the guide is at the very top... others agree or not?

Dante, before you mentioned you knew how to get around fucky fire-walls. I've tried a few things(http portal and various programs I forget the name of). I still can't use IRC. Help?

i think dante's right. this thread is much simpler / clearer and also more friendly :)
that chat room is crazy.. youd be surprised how many people are in there at 4 in the morning!

Hrm, the main way I know is to use HTTP-Tunnel, available at http://www.http-tunnel.com
Get that up configured nicely, then setup your IRC client to use 127.0.0.1 as the SOCKS5 proxy, and port 1080.
Should work fine... otherwise, I've got no idea :(

IRC is for nerds, YOU'RE ALL NERDS.
hehehehhe
/me boggles
Cancle: find someone with a perm net connection, get them to set up a bnc (bouncer) and connect through that :)
sorry, had to add that, I was buggerising around with it today :p

I still don't know how to get onto this IRC game? But I hear around the traps, if you cant use http-tunnel and the sorts, get someone you know who has a shell and load up bnc (unix and windows supported, maybe mac too?) on a port that is trusted with your firewall. Say, port 80 or 22 if the 'shell box' doesnt need these ports for their usual traffic, http = 80, 22 = ssh, 23 = telnet. 80 and 22 are USUALLY allowed by firewalls because of their traffic nature, web, secure shell, and telnet sometimes but its an unecrtypted port so a lot of these internet savvy firewall admins don't allow it..
Just wish how I knew how to get this IRC thing
:)

Bluelight IRC - more issues than Time Magazine ;)
For anybody who misses Big Brother...come fill the void wif all our sordid IRC sagas *LOL*
Hey maybe we should make IRC like Survivor for a week.....wif one person kicked off the channel every nite....hehehe