Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Knowing your limits

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
[edit] Please watch out for yourself and your friends during the festive season, don't over do it! [/edit]
Mods, I know there are already threads like this but could you please leave this open.
Thanks

Some of you will already know what happened on Sunday night, but I think it's important to bring it to the attention of everyone. Please don't use the names of any people who overdid themselves.
I'm trying not to make this a rant but I am sick and tired of people being irresponsible when it comes to their drug taking, I'm not being a hyppocrite here, I know I take an awful lot at times however, I do know my limits. I make sure I'm always aware of what is going on, and as some of you know, I'm always looking out for others as well.
I am sick and tired of people aiming to get totally fucked up and then wondering why they fucked out. Over the last few weeks there have been so many peple fucking out becuase they either just don't know or don't care about their limits. I'm not pointing the finger at only one person but last night was the last straw. When somebody tells you not to have anymore, think about it, when they take your drugs off of you, don't accept any freebies. When you're already off your face, why the hell do you need to do that extra bump or line or pill? And for gods sake think about the drugs you're mixing.
I hope the person who did this sunday night and all the others over the past few weeks realise how very close they were to doing themselves a lot of harm. We were very close to a hospital visit last night and many of the others have ended up there.
What I am most dissapointed about however, is the people who give them the freebies, who don't watch out for their mates, who can see how fucked up these people are but don't respond to it. I also am really upset that when I asked what this person had taken that day and night, nobody knew for sure.
Spending 3 hours or more talking somebody out of a K-hole while they are tripping on acid as well is not my idea of fun, it's emotionally draining and I give kudos to Dante and QueenSmack for going through it with me.
Props also go to Dante, Muzby and Moocho who helped the friend of a fellow Bluelighter on Saturday night at Utopia, and again to QueenSmack who has also seen more than her fair share over the past few weeks.
Now I don't mind talking someone through a K-hole, or a bad trip. I have to watch out for others, it's in my nature. I get so angry when it could have been avoided by just using your brain before you rail or swallow.
Think about what you're doing... learn when to say no.
[/rant]
Kitty
[ 23 December 2001: Message edited by: PsychoKitten ]

Knowing your limits... - 24th June, Aus Drug Discussion.
I started that thread after I went harder than I normally do one weekend and regreted it afterwards. All I did then was have too much speed, and the amount I had would probably amount to a quiet night for most people... The point of my thread was that I learnt my limits, and found out that they're not that high.
This post must stay open, not only is the message a good one, but can never be said enough... I don't think any mods would close a post like this anyway...
I don't think there's a person here that doesn't know what harm minimisation is. I also don't think there's a person here that hasn't gone too far at one time or another. But the important thing is to learn from our mistakes when we do go overboard.
Be careful, and play safe!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pleonastic (edited 01 October 2001).]

Definately not closing this thread, or any like it, these kind of threads are too important because we are continually shown that there can't be enough reminders...
If some people can refuse free drugs, I can't understand why some people have to go overboard even when they're already fucked up...
It's just not worth it, the risk of harm is far too high when you push yourself that far...
And when your good friends tell you to stop, and you ignore them, you're not only hurting yourself, you're hurting them too... I can't stand seeing people obviously doing themselves damage, yet ignoring the pleading of their friends to slow down...
However fun it may be, taking drugs is not a game, take it for granted and you will get hurt...

you have my total respect Kitty...
i honestly think i would have fucked out more than i did if it wasnt for you and QueenSmack being there for me @ utopia and on sunday (^they arent referring to me however^)
i think the saddest thing tho is the person they are referring to didnt learn their lesson and wanted to take more drugs later that night!! we belong to a harm minimisation website and it really dissapoints me when all these people keep digging themselves into holes by not testing pills, trying new things in a bad way or in a bad combination or testing their limits to the extreme...i cant stress this enough at how frustrating it is watching people you care about fuck out.
*big hugs to kitty and kel for being wonderful*
please please please people watch out for your friends...but watch out for yourself as well...know what to do, what you cant mix and make sure someone knows what you have had!!!

[edit]
[/edit]
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...
[This message has been edited by apollo* (edited 07 October 2001).]

WELL SAID KITTY...
I dont think I have ever been more disgusted with such an outright disrespect for the human body as what I witnessed on sunday.
Yes I do take drugs and yes I do overdo it once in a while, but my overdoing it and what I witnessed on sunday are two different ballparks.
Do you respect your body enough to know where and when your limits are and know that at any point you can say no?
Do you respect the people around you, your friends, and know that if you start to pump drug after drug into your body, they may also take your example and pump drug after drug into theirs?
For every action there is a reaction and a concerquence. Your action will cause the re-action of another which will result in a concerquence. Have you thought about the concerquence that the action will cause....?

Well said Kitty....I was there Sunday and agree with everything Kitty has said......
Yes, in the end it's our own body and our own mind and I guess we sorta have the right to do what we want to them....but, please people, try to think of people other than just yourself...think about your friends and the people who care about you - think about what it does to them having to watch you when you get outta control...and how draining it is.....and think about how much it can ruin the good times of those around you - such as happened on Sunday
frown.gif

And, it makes me so sad to see so many people I care about pushing their limits further and further lately....and gawd it is frustrating when people come to you for advice and you give it to them over and over...yet they keep doing the same damn things *sigh* Like Kitty, I find it hard to walk away....but it's starting to really get to me...
I just think some people need to start asking themselves why they do some of the things they do....especially when it comes to drugs....we ALL should do this, to keep a check on ourselves......we're playin with fire here, and it's no fun watchin people get burned
frown.gif

This has been a concern of mine for a little while now. As some of you know many years ago I suffered a pretty nasty OD through a combination of easy access to drugs and my own wish to push the limits of fun and human endurance. Put simply I was just plain fucking stupid.
Unfortunately I see this same path being taken by a number of BL's. Some are in their early stages and may snap out of it before things go to far some are already playing with fire and are at constant risk of doing yourself massive harm.
I don't want to sound like a hypocrit because A) I've done the same stupid thing and B) still take recreational drugs.
For reference on the night when my own stupidity went overboard this is what I took and at the time it didn't seem that much.
- 6-7 cones
- 4-5 points meth
- 1 trip
- 2 pills (Unknown) prior to existence of testing and the likely OD culprit.
- (All done in about 4 hours)
But the fact remain if my pills contained 2-CB, DXM or PMA it doesn't matter because some of you are choosing to play with some of the more obscure and dangerous drugs without really knowing what your doing.
Any way preaching time is over.
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

Everyone needs to realise that one pill is a lot of drugs... It doesn't take a gram of meth and a 10 pack to be considered a lot of drugs... One pill is enough...
And by that I don't mean you should never take more than one pill, but you should be aware that that one pill will have a large effect on you and that if you have a high enough tolerance that it doesn't have much of an effect, think about why thats the case...

Agree with everything that's been said, and having witnessed, would like to put forward my gratitude and uttermost respect towards Kitty, Kel, Dante, and those who helped out in this particular situation...
To me, this seems like a simple act of irresponsibility and selfishness, especially when those involved are aware of what they are doing to themselves.
Everybody that has seen someone go too fucking far will know that it's not a pretty sight, I really really hope some lessons have been learnt. Definately has changed my outlook on a few things.

I have to respond to this from apollo, I know you felt that thses things needed to be said, however they really didn't as the facts weren't all there.
this individual knew what he was doing to himself, told me what he'd done and where he was heading, knew he was out of his depth, so he did stop. he claims to have enjoyed it, despite the intense and disabling nature.
Anyone who knows they are totally fucked and has had their drugs taken off of them and still goes back for more does not know what they are doing.
If I ever hear this person say they enjoyed the experience, I will not be responsible for what I do.
and as for this:
no one forced anyone to help out. he had been that fucked for a matter of hours before any attention came to him. sitting in that chair he would have eventually come to. granted this is highly unlikely, but imagine if, purely by chance, no one had spoken to him. would we have even noticed he was that far from reality?
Of course no one forced anyone to help out, should we all just have let him fuck out on his own? He was very near to a hospital trip. I knew he was in that chair and that he was already out of it, and I had been checking on him throught the afternoon as I knew how much he had taken.
Please people, it only takes a few secs to think about what you're doing.

Guys, use the resources that this and many other websites provide to learn about what you are putting in your body, and what you can and can not mix.
Those at the wrecovery witnessed myself take many drugs. Now i am not trying to blow my own horn here or anything, but i know my limits - and i am totally aware that there are certain drugs that should never be mixed.
Also, people at times tend to forget the wrath of sleep deprivation, and when it is mixed with particularyly Ketamine, can be extremely dangerous. One of the biggest fears the other night was of the individual falling asleep.
After my experience on the weekend, i am rather satisfied that i can lay off the pills and lsd for a few weeks. As for the nangs, im off to score a bulberator.
biggrin.gif

Keep it real,
Mooch
------------------
Witness the fitness
The cruffatin liveth
One hope one quest.

I wrote this yesterday but it would not post until today.. had to to post in three separate sections. just some personal rep damage control:
DancingBabe, Yes there are definately 'two ballparks'. But I believe that ALL drug (ab)use is disrespect of the human body and is integrity. Thats kinda the whole reason we 'do' drugs... what's REALLY being disrespected within the confines of the 'more extreme of those two ballparks' is the integrity of ONE'S OWN personal limits... and THAT was what we saw on Sunday.
cont'd.... next post...

...cont'd...
"if you start to pump drug after drug into your body, they may also take your example and pump drug after drug into theirs?"
DancinBabe, that was kinda the point.
I did what I did for NO other reason but I wanted everyone to have the MADDEST day, including myself, and quite honestly, giving shit to ppl is one way I appreciate it.
It may seem hard to believe I know, cos you chose to stand in the kitchen and observe all day, but not only did I know MY limits(and have done for quite some time now), but no matter how SPANNERED I got on however many substances on sunday, I was also keenly aware of other ppls 'breaking points'. I went nowhere NEAR mine.
...and I made sure that no one partaking of anything associated with me did either.
cont'd... next post...

...cont'd...
I was NOT responsible for the choices of the above person. Had I been, I believe things would have turned out differently.
I think we all agree that this was their choice and it WAS a mistake.
I am not a reckless person. I am a careful but confident person who enjoys the freedom of measuring out my 'recklessness' according to how my knowledge affords me.
...and yes, there is a difference.
In closing, the one time I ended up in a state like that was last month in the emergency roon of Randwick Hosp due to a bad dosage of MISTAKEN strength 1,4B. This was someone else's human error. Its not like ppl can throw mud.
cont'd... next post..

...cont'd...
To the person we are discussing, you know who you are, WE DO want you alive and kicking to come 'play' with us
smile.gif
you are such fun. So PLEASE use your head and not your stomach next time and LEARN whats within your limits. If you arent sure, there are LOADS of Bluelighters around you who can give you advice... See you out doof doofing soon..
I may be wrting from what I'm sure is a very very sketchy and paranoid Tuesday, but I felt the need for damage control as I was reading inuendos i didnt like.. (grrr..
smile.gif
)
Flame away if it will make you feel better.
=K9= Cookie is Yum...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
89 SLEEPS til UTOPIA@WONDERLAND
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well im glad you guys are gonna learn from this, but it has to be said you guys seem to be a bunch of trashbags and need to be careful... i know its fun, but its all fun and games till someone goes to the hospital....
you lot need to pull your head in

i agree with what stylin says... not to say that i haven't got very very messy before, i have, and K9 has been there with me... and it was fun, but he and i do know our limits, and have quite a bit of sense in our heads and are not really inclined to do inherently stupid things.
the problem is that a lot of the younger guys around our group of bluelighters do not know their limits and are trying to find them by going as hard as physically possible by doing as many things as possible... there is heaps of information around, especially here to show them what is sensible and what isn't...
the more experienced of us need to teach or show the others by example how to sensibly take drugs, and to step in and say no. no you are not taking anything more. i don't want to be in the situation where one of my friends ends up in teh hospital and doesn't pull through, and have this be because of a completely stoppable situation.
we need to be more careful and we need to think a lot more about what we are doing.
i will stop quasi preaching now as i wasn't there, and am only going on info from everyone who was... keep safe everyone.
------------------
breathing rocks... don't give up...

The main point I think is WHY DO YOU WANT TO EVEN REACH YOUR LIMITS?? I know I could take a hell of a lot more drugs before I reach my limit, but I don't want that. I can have immense fun with a relatively small amount of drug(s) but I "BRING IT ON" with my mental attitude about it. HappyEmma spent the whole of slinky without rolling and still had immense fun and pretty much did what a person rolling could have done. We don't always need drugs people. Said in a good way. We'll in for a good ride, doesn't have to be a high ride..
Peace on all
smile.gif

Situations like this happen in every circle. Up here, we really don't have the whole "bluelight-group mentality" for every single event. You chill out with some, some you say hi, other i've never met, others are close friends.
Some people are heading for a fuck-up. Whatever your reasons for taking drugs, or whatever you are getting out of it, you MUST KNOW YOUR LIMITS. I don't feel pity for anyone who fucks up, and placed in a similar situation to what was described, my kudos to those who helped out, if the person has knowingly fucked themself up that badly, then they will garner none of my respect, or help.
I've done stupid things, everybody has. I've had comedowns where my body has convulsed and shuddered and i went through a period of having irregular heartbeat which i pretty much solely attribute to amphetamine use. I've partied for 48hours plus and i've seen people go harder and far longer. I've necked 4 or more pills plus trips, speed, etc in a night then come home for a recovery of more drug-taking.
But ultimately i think the responsibility to look after yourself and sort your head out rests with you. Sometimes, people on self-destructive paths need to get it out of their system. Sometimes you've gotta let the baby fall when it's learning to walk.
Not living in sydney or melb, you miss all the juicy goss
frown.gif