Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

your past will come back to haunt you?

MunkE Mc

Bluelighter
does anyone ever wonder wether they will one day end up in a position of responsibility especially one in the public eye and worry that everything they are doing now could be used against them? especially pictures and such forth??
as someone posibly looking at a career in politics this has me a little concerened
anyone else feel the same??
then again i supose lots of famous politicians and movie stars are known to have used drugs in their past and are still accepted,
anyways just somthing to think about
------------------
~i wouldn't wish the current state of my brain upon anyone~

no, no, this is reason for discussion.
A friend of mine had this concern a while back.. if he ever entered the public eye and he had political opponents.. all they'd have to do was look up his past and research into what things he got up to and that would be the end of it..
so munke yeah its somethin you might have to think about.
------------------
The red blinky world is a whole lot different to this one.

Definately something to worry about.
I am aspiring to be someone somehow, whether through a career path, a life of charity, killing a celebrity, or stalking someone famous. (ok maybe only the first two) But, seriously, i am really worried that in future years my history will come back to haunt me.
I am doing law at uni, and i could just see how far my career would go if it came out that "hey we're all having drinks on friday night at such and such hotel, but did you hear about SD, he's having some "ecstacy" some speed and apparently he's sucking down some cream bulbs.. he's a drug-fucked loser, no way he can work here."
People's attitudes are fucked up, and even though i am VERY recreational in my use, it still scares me to think what would happen if it all came out. The embarrassment of seeing family, employers and friends all having YOUR past thrown in their faces would be too much for me, even worse if you have a high perch to be knocked off.
So i've kinda decided that maybe i'll try my luck anyways at being notorious or infamous and see how far i go. But, i know too many people who'd sell my dirt to the papers in a second.
smile.gif

Paranoid fucker, supaspeed signing off.
------------------
"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, and insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Munke, it's something that almost certainly will pop up if you're in the public eye. Even if there aren't photos of you engaging in illegal activites, just being associated with us evil drug-taking fiends would be enough for a juicy gossip column or two (remember, your activities here are potentially on public record forever!). Then again, some people make a living out of being a known drug fiend. Hey, there's a career aspiration...
I'm not overly worried for myself. A friend has even got a video of me making light of this sort of thing over a couple of cones (he'll be blackmailing me later, no doubt
wink.gif
). I'm an extremely honest person, & everything I've done, even if it can be viewed dubiously by the masses, is something that I'll readily admit should there be a need for it. I feel better about myself by feeling that I have nothing to "hide".
If certain people see fit to throw mud & see if it sticks, let them. If it precludes me from holding a position or whatever, so be it - they're the ultimate consequences of my actions. Besides, there are tabloid stories to print & something has gotta be used for fodder, damn it! In the meantime, I'll have better things to do with my time, like a country to run, cigars to smoke & female interns to smoke them with...
wink.gif

Cheers,
Ben.
[This message has been edited by Ben (edited 17 August 2000).]

Hey Munke, don't worry about it...it can always be turned around later...
Like "I have been through and tried it so understand" or "I have seen the light and reformed and now dedicate my life to the eradication of illicit substances in our country" (Puke Puke)
But yeah..that's how is goes!!!
Worry but don't get paranoid!!
Honkers!
-GoOsE-

Hey Munke, don't worry about it...it can always be turned around later...
Like "I have been through and tried it so understand" or "I have seen the light and reformed and now dedicate my life to the eradication of illicit substances in our country" (Puke Puke)
But yeah..that's how is goes!!!
Worry but don't get paranoid!!
Honkers!
-GoOsE-

even short term there is the worry of people finding out what you get upto. Friends and more importantly family. As one of the previous threads posted here focussed on... how many of us actually tell our parents what we get upto... I have had a few close calls with my father finding out... and he would not take that news very well...
all that said though. I don't think that there will be so much of a worry when in the public eye. I mean look at how well politicians have survived after hardcore scandals... Mr Clinton please raise you hand... (or sumfink else *giggle*) So I don't think that there is that much to really worry about... You are not shoving it in other peoples faces that "HEY I DO DRUGS, YEAH THAT'S RIGHT DRUGS MAN!!!!"... and like you say it is recreational... who knows in the future our use/abuse may not be looked upon with such harsh eyes? (that's prolly wishful thinking but still we can only hope)
So to sum up this huge rant. I don't think you should let it concern you too much... a photo of a rave in which you are partially visible behind some dood in a reflective coat to the left of the DJ booth is hardly going to ruin a budding politicians/public figures career... is it?
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Orange Juice Dipped Strange Hair

Wouldn't it be refreshing though to have a politician who was 'exposed' for his recreational past an just owned up. 'Yup, we all went dancing, took a load of pills and had a REAL good time. I didn't die, I didn't throw my life away'.
Clinton got round it with the 'I didn't inhale' argument. On the other hand that one would be hard to use if there was a picture of you wiv a dirty great line of speed.
Just listen to the late, great Bill Hicks.
But on the other hand, the majority will just listen to the media propoganda and your career WILL be over. Too late now though dude really isn't it?

couldn't you just become a musician or an artist? there are plenty of drugfucked (some dead) musicians/artists that weren't exactly frowned upon... how do you think they get their creativity, anyhow?
wink.gif

take care,
Bigfoot Dragon.

your recreational activities can preclude you from things..I have a friend who played in the National Basketball League for about 16 years.. he's recently retired, but he played at LA Olympics. This person was a fantastic basketball player, but was constantly harrassed because he never believed that he should keep his recreational activities a secret. Watching him play in his last two years in the league, and the fabulous mentoring role that he did, as well as putting fear into the hearts of his opponents was truly amazing. I only hope that he will eventually get the big coaching job that he so rightly deserves.
Secondly, my hero...an olympic equestrian who many consider to be the best rider in the world..was recently caught up in some sordid sex/drug scandal in the UK..he was set up (as he like many other top equestrian males like to jump both sides of the fence) by some guy that he picked up, with a video etc snorting coke and saying his drug of choice was ecstasy. Unfortunately, this is his last time of competing at the olympics, and I hope he goes out in a blaze of glory as he rightly deserves to, however, due to the drug scandal many people were calling for him not to be included in the olympic team..thankfully the head selector has said that he will remain in the team, no further discussion... but it has caused way too much heartache, I'm sure...for all concerned..
so do bear these things in mind, because they can come back to haunt you, when you least expect it... there's always some evil little jealous person when you are at the top of the pile..that will want to drag you down to their level.
good luck...and remember, life is for living..you only get one chance at it, so make it a bloody dooozy!!!!
smile.gif

Hey I would vote for anyone as PM who can produce a picture of them Gurning and reaching for the lazers !
GURNER FOR PM !
------------------
"Why rock when you can roll?"

the past will always haunt u
when u reach the age where u cant do nuthin
as in late age, once u past the age of 60
that is when u regret things and the past ruins u
thats why i am gonna smoke as much cigars as i can b4 i turn 60 heheh
wink.gif

Remember too though, that all the "scandals" we hear about with people in so-called positions of responsibility are among a generation prior to our own. Maybe any photos of politicians from our generation (or maybe the next) that come to light from their misspent youth won't be so frowned upon, because "everyone did it"... does that make it right?

If something like this "comes back to haunt you", and upsets the position you were in - how much of a reflection is it that you shouldn't be there in the first place ? If you can't be responsible for your past, then you're pretending to be someone you're not.
Your history is part of who you are, your future is just who you want to be.
I realise most of the problem lies in other peoples perceptions of what you've done - but if you're going to be in a position that requires public support, then it's your task to get that public support - and if you can do that with honesty and integrity, then you won't have these "secrets" - you'll have gotten there with this baggage, and you'd deserve to be there.
hehe - of course, this would only ever work in a fantasy world, in real life no one is that brave to live what they really believe - and certainly they wouldn't make it as a polly.
anyway, enough of the cynical, I'm off to have me some fun tonight
smile.gif

------------------
>insert witty comment here<

Yes the past will come back to haunt all of us.....
We'll all bump into one another up in institutions in about 40 odd years when the chems have all caught up with us!
Not a very nice thought but hey we could just have a big ol' party with the men in white suits....dose up on prescriptives!!!!
I think I'll go before I take us all off on a crazy daydream.....
...mmm....

Since I've announced my drug use on national TV it'd be pretty easy for someone to dig something up on me anytime in the future...
...Care factor zero...
I don't intend to be famous, I don't intend to be in the public eye much, I've had my fifteen minutes of fame, that's enough for me...
I doubt that any career I might head for will be jeopardized(sp?) by my current lifestyle, and if it is, I'll choose another career, there's enough options out there...

good work tarsy, this is an important thread, hate to see it culled
..there is a risk factor i guess, just dont be too blatant about your use is all u can do really...
peace :)