• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What exactly are security allowed to do?

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
I've always been under the impression that security are not allowed to touch your breasts or genitals. After the disgusting display at Utopia this New Years I'd really like to know what the hell they can get away with.
I'm pretty sure that even a female security guard cannot press her fingers into your genitals through your clothes during a "pat down" search. I know that many girls are complaining about the treatment they recieved, and I'd really like some clarification on what they are allowed to do.
[edit] many guys are also complaining about the "pat down" they recieved. A pat down search was a condition of entry but really isn't this above and beyond the call of duty? [/edit]
[ 04 January 2002: Message edited by: PsychoKitten ]

I'm pretty sure they can't do that - so if you think you've been mistreated and you've got their security number then I'd be making a formal complaint with the promoters, the security company, and with the police...

Yes those security were Fucked Up. I think someone should find out a bit more about what security can do. Cause the way they searched my bag well i dont think that they can do that.

I didn't go to utopia but in the last few weeks i've bumped into some fuckwit security guards that don't understand that they don't have the right to go pushing people around.
And when me and my friend (who is a girl that was half his size) told them to stop now cause what they were doing was not on, we also got pushed around by security AND the manager of the pub.
Oh yeah and this all happened after closing time in the back car park where no one could see.
But yeah fuck security thinking they have so much authority when they're authority is very limited. Assholes.

someone i know will get me for this... but IMO opinion security guards are cunts....
disclamier: Except Nath & Bren and Dave when he actually does
:)

bouncer at sublime decided he'd go thru my wallet after he thought i had something i shouldnt in there. but he didnt find anything as i had nothing in there. was more amusing than annoying tho. the prick thought he had me

psychokitten heres some info u may want to know having dealt with reputable security companies in the past for events (as have friends of mine)
Heres some info u might wish to know.
Security CAN ONLY undertake frisking (patdowns) where by it is stated as a condition of entry.
This MUST be stated on the ticket or at the entry points of the venue-
Further to this Adequate signage MUST be displayed listing conditions of entry and searching procedures being conducted.
As for where they are allowed to frisk u, it must not be intrusive to the individual (ie touching of genitials/breast area.
Register a complaint with the following-http://www.asial.com.au/
All reputable Australian security companies are a member of asial
The security used at utopia is (but ill have to send u a pm to clarify this, went i arrive back home) Australian Concert Security. (they do the big day out also i believe

I'm disgusted to hear that they gave people such foul treatment, what is the scene coming to.
I think they can be fined for doing such things.

PsychoKitten - You may want to direct your question to Prometheus in the Legal Forum, he might be able to help you there.
I can say I DOUBT they are allowed to touch such areas considering even POLICE cannot do that without permission or warrant first...
But the security have my full permission to PUCKER UP AND KISS MY ASS!
That treatment is wrong and should not be tolerated. I even suggest taking it further...

It seems to be getting to the stage where it would be a good idea for those of us going to these events look out for each other while getting a pat down.
Grab the person next to you at the gate and while one of you gets the pat down have the other person witness what is done to you. Tell the security guard that each of you intends to witness what is done to the other.
In retail, if you decide to search a customers bag at the register, you can only LOOK inside the compartments that are large enough to hold an A4 size notebook.

After the groping recieved at Utopia,I'm under the impression that security can do ANYTHING.The "searching" done was excessive and unnecessary.There's got to be a Law against security touching your private regions.

Umm, one can be fairly certain that without a proper warrant/court order the unwanted touching of another persons privates should amount to sexual assault. This is particularly the case if it was done without you being informed of what was about to occur and without you giving some indication of consent.
I strongly recommend that you approach your local legal centre to see if others have reported similar experiences because it is quite a shitty invasion of ones rights. Such centres have access to media outlets, and you better believe that if it can be demonstrated that security guards were doing this there will be a shitstorm for it. Any organisation authorising acts of sexual assaults should be punished as harshly as possible.
If you feel strongly enough about this then please act. Approach the police, because once a formal complaint is made they will be compelled to investigate, and if they don't, then please approach the media. If something isn't done about it now, you can rely on it happening at the next party... something no-one wants to have happen :(
[ 04 January 2002: Message edited by: pundi ]

go into a free legal advice centre, they can tell you where you stand- also a letter to some news papers might be a good idea- embarass the promoters. But i would do somehting soon as they might not take it as seriously if you wait.
it sucks that this happened- hope your ok

WEll I was at Utopia, I also waited for an hour and half in a cue having my best friend almost spew on me and seeing some other unlucky chap chuck his guts up. But one thing that did not happen was have security behave unruly to ME, considering the fact that ppl ripped down the "female with no bags" sign, I was searched by a male, who was very kind, he asked me if I would rather a female to search me, I said no, he pat down my sides and sent me on my way, same with my friend, beside me I saw a cranky guard put his hands down a guys pants and swear at him, theres no need for that, they were getting paid like triple time to be there, you would think that they could be a bit more friendly to the guys! From what i have hurd on BL, POWERHOUSE PRODUCTIONS really needed to pick up their act, its not fair that ppl should have to go through this and it does not sound legal.
Aside from that shite, i had a bloody fantastic night!
My 0.02c, now you can shoot me.

Well I was skimming through this forum and I just wanted to fill you guys in on how it is done here in Manhattan. The security guards here do the following and if you refuse your not walking into the club no matter what:
- Go through your wallett
- A THOROUGH patdown (grabbing nutz)
- Remove your shoes and check in your socks (has happened to me twice)
- Go through open cig packs
- Check every single item in your bags
It is fucking bullshit but it just something everyone here goes along with. Its just as bad for women too! And like I said... if you don't let them do that or have any problems w/ them doing it they ask you to leave.

Just on the subject of cunt security guards...
My mates went out to the carpark of welcome at about 8am, there was no security issuing passouts so they assumed they could just come back in.
When attempting to come back in the security guards refused, claimed they had been there the whole time, and did not believe that they had been there all night (despite the dirty, smelly scattered state they were in). So, they missed the end of digweeds set, bummer.
Also, since when do they confiscated water bottles at the door, i thought it was now a law that they couldn't do it...Well, i dunno. All i can say is F**k Future Entertainment (but i'll still go to their events)
Hardicus

Kitten, Ive written a complaint letter to the daily telegraph complaining about what happend to us. Its on P.20. paper date is 05/01/02.
I went home feeling rather violated after that utopia. My friend was lucky she didnt get felt up at all.

sydkiwi, for those of us in different cities, would it be possible for you to post a copy of the letter they published??
I'd also be curious if there was any sort of response generated?

Hardicus: u can only take in a sealed water bottle
i took listerine 2 welcome 4 afterwards ... having nice smelling breath is good mkay ... but i freaked forgetting about the bag checks & tipped a whole bottle out & when i got my bag checked that didn't check the compartment the listerine was in ... pissed off
hehehe but @ summadayze, i didnt get a proper check either but when me, simon & Narks went outside of Dayze they checked it really good ... but coz i was still rushing, simon took my bag 2 get checked & had 2 take everything out, which included panties, clothes, blankets everything that was required for 2 or 3 days ... it was a had-to-be-there moment
TC
p.S psychokitten i'd report them ... there is no way any1 would touch me unless it was stated on paper or unless i said he could ;)