• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Star Trek - how many trekkers out there?

haste

Bluelight Crew
Ok, how many of you are self confessed Star Trek whores?
I love it, especially The Next Generation - best cast of them all!
Also can't wait for the new series Enterprise to start in Feb!

*Stands Up*
'Hi my name is Airwalk and I'm a Star Trekaholic'
(Everyone)
'Hi Airwalk'

*mutters* Poor airwalk, he is a Star Trekaholic and a man with 3 arses..
:)

Wouldn't say I was a whore, but yeah Star Trek rocks.... I agree Next Gen is definiately the best.

trek is the shit. I love all start trek, except voyager, because it turned into star trek 90210.
C.

hey Hastey,
Would you be jealous if I told you that i saw the first episode of "Enterprise"??? My boss has it...hehe
oh, you would? then..aahh, no, i havent' seen it... ;)

can't say that i didn't like star trek... i got over it after voyager came out... that shit wasn't as good as next gen, so i couldn't be assed staying awake til 11:30 and watching it then - these were the PRE-meth and raving days heh...
but i agree with nezo, babylon 5 was better.

/me raises his hand.
do i get a prize or something?
hey, why are you all laughing? it's not THAT bad! really.
what, like you don't have any dodgy favourites.
/me slinks off in a huff!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
ps. and nez, i agree, babylon 5 was waaaay better. more true to life you could say, if you could say that about a sci-fi/fantasy series.

Add one more to that list. I'm a big fan of Deep Space Nine- Captain Benjamin Sisco kicks arse. As does Captain Picard, I could never decide who was my fave.
As for Babylon 5, it sucks and it blows ;) . As for this mr_fluffy
more true to life you could say, if you could say that about a sci-fi/fantasy series.ROTFLMGDAO!

i am not a trekkie. but both my folks are, hardcore!! so i have had it around me alllll the time since i can remember. so i have a sort of warm, sentimental attachment to it, even tho i think it sucks.
its such bad tv! bad characters, bad dialogue, bad acting, bad plotlines... and yet always so strangely enjoyable...
okay okay so i like startrek. but i'm *not* a trekkie!
now, B5.. *there* was some seriously good scifi tv.... i wish there was another one *sigh*
=)

oooh on a sidenote.. for xmas, i got my dad this mug from the smithsonian (i dunno if they have them here or if anyone's seen em before, apologies if you all have.. :) ).
its got a picture of the transporters w/ 3 figures (that look a tiny bit like spock, kirk and someone else). anyways, the figures are painted in a heat sensitive paint, so that when you fill the cup w/ hot water, they disappear! and as the drink cools down, they transport back again!
i think i like it better than my dad does, and im' not even a trekkie :p =)

I agree Bab 5 is heaps better and more true to life, if at all possible ;)
Picard rocks! :)
And samadhi, stop playing with an old man's weak heart ;)

Star Trek... Yes... Star Trek good...
Deana: "Captain... I... I feel something"
Picard: "Rikar, would you fucking stop that"
Rikar: "Sorry Sir".
What did Spock see in the bridge toilets?
The Captains personal log.
Ahahahahahahaha... sigh *curls up*

flame wars: BEGIN!
JMS, creator/writer of b5, produced the greatest scifi series ever for the media of television. his vision and subsequent writing efforts, for the 5 seasons the show made, plus the 5 tv movies and a spin-off series, are the best scifi ever seen!, his epic task easily out weighs the combination of ST:TOS, TNG, DS9,VOG & the newly created enterprise series!
for all you trek geeks, get out there and watch a tv series, with a man in charge (JMS), which actually has a clue on how a tv-franchise should be ran! its a shame, such poor quality shows like the endless star trek franchise, over shadows such high quality shows like babylon5.
i could go on with examples like x-files, but i wont as i CBF flaming anymore, but please checkout babylon5, its great tv, and far better than anything that will EVER come from the star trek universe!
and i dont wanna hear anything about how cool, startrek is, ie the borg etc, coz there just a cheap ripoff of the "cybermen" from dr who!
flame: over and out!

ohh yea btw!
in the USA, The Scifi Channel, has just produced and aired the latest Babylon 5 tv-movie, called "Babylon 5: The Legend Of The Rangers - To Live and Die in Starlight"
which is a potential pilot for a new spinoff series, which will hopefully be greenlit very soon.
the spinoff tv-movie is based, just after "the telepath war", and before the events of "crusade", first spinoff series. so hopefully if the greenlight is given for the series on the scifi channel, we may finally see some resolution for the short lived series "crusade", as "crusade" takes place, in about season 2 or 3 of the series "legend of the rangers"
fingers crossed all!
ohh yea, everyone get out there and by the Babylon 5 DVD, the gathering/in the beginning <---- excellent movie!
be seeing you!

Big Trekker fan here.
Big Babylon 5 fan here.
Rather than wasting time comparing them, let's agree that they are different.
ST I like most because it offers a vision of the future I would actively work towards.
B5 doesn't offer such an utopian vision. Rather, it is an excellent drama of political intrigue and the like.
Maybe B5 has better continuity and is thought it out better in plot structure but conversely, ST has many great ideals that underlie the somewhat shaky upper levels.
Either way, they're both awesome. And they both can be awesome without taking anything from each other.