• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

jaded schmaded...... it's simple, people just get tired of ANYTHING over time...

muzby

Bluelighter
i've been thinking lately... all this talk about ppl being jaded and stuff... when really, as humans, it's simple, we dont like change...
think about it, all through our lives, when have we ever been happy with change?
starting at school, each year, we would start out thinking about how good it was "when we did that last year"
at work, any time there is a change of management or any new policies, people start whinging and complaining about how crap it's going to be..
now it's simply the same with "the scene"...
people complain about how "everything is staying the same" or it's simply not as good as the last one...
to put things in perspective, i started raving in 1999, persuaded by a couple of friends who had been doing it for about 2 years, and even then, they had said things were getting too shitty for them...
now, people who started last year, the same people who said the first few they went to were soooooo good, but now say that they suck...
people, take the time out, speak to a first timer at a rave, find out how good a nite they are having, and you may start to realise that the nites still are good, it's just that you've seen it all before and are used to it...
did this make any sense? i dunno... i'm just rambling again...

same old same old......
You do anything to much and it gets boring.

I've been thinking of starting a topic like this actually - glad someone else did though... :)
I know I make plenty of jokes about being jaded and stuff like that - and people call me jaded all the time. But the truth is, it's just all bullshit. Most people get sick of everything eventually - it's just that there's a name for them in the rave scene. Being "jaded" has all this stigma attached, when really, we're just not as interested as we used to be anymore. It's not better or worse - it's natural.
I don't listen to alternative music very much anymore, and all current alternative bands shit me to tears - am I jaded? In the raver sense of the word I am... but if that's the case we could say we're jaded about just about everything in our past...
So - for the record - my opinion is that the term "Jaded" is bullshit. But it's fun to joke about...
Ravers should stop taking themselves so seriously sometimes... ;)

Me 4 example,am getting into stuff i never imagined!!!! like getting to local bars 'avin a few drinks and dancing to FUNKY BREAKS & FUNKY 'OUSE....me? of all people??? so everybody out there in bluelight land who thinks they're "bored" or "jaded"...A tempoary rest from regular styles or places can be what you need 2 up your desire 4 that big "first-time rave" feeling that we all miss sooo much TRUST ME GUYS!

^^amen to that!
i think a few months void of substances can do a world of good as well...

Well I for one will never get tired of something if its worth doing, which is why I'll never be jaded...

*yawn*
ffs..no one cares about the whole 'jaded' topic anymore!!! It's such a boring topic...different people rehashing the same whole story every 2 weeks.

if no one cares about 'the whole jaded topic' anymore then can everyone SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT and stop mentioning it in every fricken thread.

^^^^^^^^
Someone sounds a bit jaded, me thinks ;)
(YES, that was a joke, and YES, I apologise in advance :p)

i'm going to change my first, middle and last name to jaded.
yeah. like 'jaded jaded jaded'..
>__<
in fact, let me see if the bl nick 'jaded' has been taken...

meh. now it's cool to be jaded about being jaded. i was jaded about being jaded years ago...

I think the only thing I possibly could be jaded about, is people being jaded about being jaded...
And even then I'm just being a smartass, so I'm not really jaded about people being jaded about being jaded either!
I just can't do it!
;)
PS: As there are always newbies appearing, so are there people who are only now becoming jaded... Therefore these threads will always appear, and will always get responses, up until people realise that there's no real need to be jaded... But that's not going to happen any time soon, if at all...

'jaded' to me = knowing what you want.. when most people first start out in the scene they aren't as picky as to what they want..
it would be very difficult to find me at an event that doesn't have a tek room anymore.. this could make me seem 'jaded' to those who dont care about what music is being played..

Ive been going to raves since 1996 and its my right since ive been going so long to get bored and yeah jaded..its not like ive been only going for a year.
Fuck jaded only after a year into the scene?? dont tell me you've only gone to the commercial raves..try something new...go to a party in another state, in another country even(go to NZ and i guarentee you'll never complain about the prices of drugs over here again), the gathering in nz (runs for 3 days and u get all the intenationals that play over here at the one party) is a good party thats if u can make it to nz for nye and thats also if you have a credit card and can book on line on time b4 tix sell out...try something new, just cos a party looks like something you'd not go to...
You never No until you try it